Tesla T1 Reeview
May 20, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 16
Thanks!

I'm still waiting for mine.

popcorn.gif

May 24, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #4 of 16
While listening to Time by Pink Floyd at the same time i type this reply all i can say: I'm still in love with them. Where the ED8's sounded too bassy at the opening part of the song these baby's just make it sound so natural. Very musical and addictive.

May 24, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 16
I have been waiting to try these cans...from the places i read info it empsize the soundstage and balance of them. 

May 24, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 16
I think T1 is actually pretty good with pop, I mean things like lady gaga, shakira, xtina, ting tings etc goes down a treat. It has a nice presentation with good clarity, vocal, beat, timing and bass.

May 24, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #7 of 16

Quote:
I think T1 is actually pretty good with pop, I mean things like lady gaga, shakira, xtina, ting tings etc goes down a treat. It has a nice presentation with good clarity, vocal, beat, timing and bass.

What about T1 compared to the AD2000 in bass? The bass in the AD2000 made the Ting Tings on songs like the Great DJ or Shut Up and Let Me GO pretty blahrific.

The D7000 on the other hand made the song come to life with the lower end.

May 24, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #8 of 16
No idea, never heard AD2000, sorry. However, vs DX1000 on pop, T1 wins due to DX1000* presentation doesn't always work, and its bass presentation may shadow other elements, it is a presentation thing really. Whereas T1 is much more balanced with nice coverage of elements and superior vocal. It bass is sufficent but won't be on par with D7000 or DX1000. It will be interesting to see how T1 vs D7000 on pop - I know D7000 is good with it but I haven't A-B compared. One thing I can tell you, I am listening to more pop than I normally do....

T1 is semi open and does have a little of that close phones intimate/ enveloping/ atmosphere feel, obviously not on same level as DX1000.

*DX1000 bass is simialr level to D7000.

May 24, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #10 of 16
I don't use 701* any more, it is totally redundent. T1 does not has bass problem - unlike 701 with missing mid bass. It is an excellent all rounder for all genre of music, it might not be the best with all material but it is good enough that you don't need to change phone. If there is any complain on bass is that it doesn't goes as deep as some of the super phones say HD800. Of course YMMV in term of quantity of bass. Unlike DX1000, it does not give you that box speakers like sound though which DX1000 is good at, hence it makes a good companion to T1.  T1 vocal is better than 701 as it is clearer, more detaill. 701 is simply out classed, but to be fair, at the cost of 4 to 1 price difference.

*701 does has good deep bass albeit not the most detail.

May 24, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 16

Quote:
I don't use 701* any more, it is totally redundent. T1 does not has bass problem - unlike 701 with missing mid bass. It is an excellent all rounder for all genre of music, it might not be the best with all material but it is good enough that you don't need to change phone. If there is any complain on bass is that it doesn't goes as deep as some of the super phones say HD800. Of course YMMV in term of quantity of bass. Unlike DX1000, it does not give you that box speakers like sound though which DX1000 is good at, hence it makes a good companion to T1.

*701 does has good deep bass albeit not the most detail.

Ah ok. thanks for your impressions. I have a HD800 coming in but I think I might not like it as much as other people maybe due to my other gear and the fact its very detailed. I like some flavour on my headphones and the T1 seem to have more than the HD800 while having a semi open design which I hope would improve bass quantity. Bass quality is good and all but it really doesn't matter when you have to strain to listen to it like the AD2000 or I'm guessing K701 as well.

May 24, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #12 of 16
I understand bass is really important in recreating a solid life like sound. I wouldn't really compare 701 to T1 on bass - T1 doesn't has missing bass problem, and you don't need to strain to find it lol! It won't go as deep on bass as your HD800 though nor the level of bass detail according to reports. T1 does has bass impact. Obviously as said before YMMV in term of bass quantity. Like everyone said, T1 is slightly warm sounding.

May 25, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #13 of 16
Warm is good I guess. Then I'll stick to a SS amp because I don't like the overwarmth of tubes. Impact is also good. I'll give the HD800s a go but if I don't like them I most likely trade down to a T1.

May 25, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #15 of 16

Quote:

You still havent got them?? It's been a while...
popcorn.gif

Yeah, still waiting. After almost 6 weeks after making a down payment at a local pro sound shop, they had finally been able to place the order to Beyer. Their corporate office had at first denied the order saying that it was a consumer HP. It's been about 3 weeks since my order was officially made so hopefully I'll get them within 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back