Terrible functioning website
Feb 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 8
I have similar issues with this and many other sites.  I suggest using Firefox instead of IE which I presume you are using?  It makes a world of difference.

Shame on us for using IE.  Bad us!

Feb 16, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #3 of 8
Firefox is jerky like hell for me w/ head-fi and Opera is even worse...I can't right-click to cut/paste in either of them, I get a security error msg...and if I CTRL+V in Opera, it always ends up at the very top of my reply...I have to go to the "Edit" menu and choose "Paste". Also, the layout of my replies when multi-quoting is a major hit and miss.

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 8
I use firefox and it runs smooth as silk. It used to be really jerky so I deleted firefox and its preferences and re installed it. I believe some of your addons can be causing it problems so a clean reinstall may help. Just make sure you save your bookmarks to your desktop so you can import them back in. Also bought a better spyware sweeper. Between those 2 things, it is running as smooth as silk for the past couple of months.

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 8
I don't have any firefox addon installed, and I run half a dozen anti-spyware software on a weekly basis...so I stick to Opera, but then cut/pasting and multi-quoting are a nightmare.

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 8
Google Chrome and Firefox user here.. I've had no issues with this website. There is, however, an issue with the drop down menu on my mobile web (SGS2, Stock Gingerbread).

Mar 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #7 of 8
I stopped coming to this website some time ago due to the slowness and lack of usability.  It is mainly just disappointing, but it also kind of pisses me off as this used to be such a great, fun to use website.  Currently, it is without question the most sluggish, bogged down website I have ever (and I do literally mean EVER) used.  Every page takes at least 30-40 seconds, but usually well over a minute to load and the general sluggishness is seriously mind boggling.  Outside of that, on this particular page if you pull up the history window, there are fourteen google ad.gnetclick pages that I would have to back up through to get to the previous page.  That is off the charts ridiculous.  A lot of pages have one or two, but I have never seen an instance where there are that many.  I have used different browsers and different computers with the same results.  I honestly don't understand how anyone uses the site, but then I see posts stating that they are not having problems.   Clearly there must be some issues with the computers I am using, but even if this is the case, it does still indicate that the website has some problems as I don't encounter this anywhere else.  The only other site I can think of where I have had similar issues is Cnet, which I stopped using a long time ago due to these issues.  I normally wouldn't bother issuing bitch session posts, but I honestly do care and really miss interacting with the site.  As it is, just to navigate to a thread and read a couple posts takes 5-10 minutes.  I have to be extremely motivated to look at and retrieve very specific information to put up with that.  It definitely eliminates the possibility of "just for fun" browsing.

Mar 22, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #8 of 8
This site works fine for me on my T1 line at work and my Comcast services at home.  I use Chrome browser but I can use Firefox or IE with no issues.  I can also load the pages fine via wifi on my iPhone.  Using 3G, it's more hit or miss.

So the problems are not experienced by everyone.  If I had the same issues as you I would definitely not browse this website so although I do not feel your pain I understand it.  Reminds me of the days of dial-up.  CNET loads quickly here as well so maybe we're just lucky in Seattle with a good internet infrastructure.

Quote:
I stopped coming to this website some time ago due to the slowness and lack of usability.  It is mainly just disappointing, but it also kind of pisses me off as this used to be such a great, fun to use website.  Currently, it is without question the most sluggish, bogged down website I have ever (and I do literally mean EVER) used.  Every page takes at least 30-40 seconds, but usually well over a minute to load and the general sluggishness is seriously mind boggling.  Outside of that, on this particular page if you pull up the history window, there are fourteen google ad.gnetclick pages that I would have to back up through to get to the previous page.  That is off the charts ridiculous.  A lot of pages have one or two, but I have never seen an instance where there are that many.  I have used different browsers and different computers with the same results.  I honestly don't understand how anyone uses the site, but then I see posts stating that they are not having problems.   Clearly there must be some issues with the computers I am using, but even if this is the case, it does still indicate that the website has some problems as I don't encounter this anywhere else.  The only other site I can think of where I have had similar issues is Cnet, which I stopped using a long time ago due to these issues.  I normally wouldn't bother issuing bitch session posts, but I honestly do care and really miss interacting with the site.  As it is, just to navigate to a thread and read a couple posts takes 5-10 minutes.  I have to be extremely motivated to look at and retrieve very specific information to put up with that.  It definitely eliminates the possibility of "just for fun" browsing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back