Terratec dmx fire owners....i have a problem
May 7, 2004 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mega

500+ Head-Fier
I just got my terratec dmx 6fire LT, and i have no sound coming out from my rear speakers. I plugged the rear cable into the rear jack, and i get nothing. I went into the control panel, ive set it to 4 speakers and ive tried changing things around, but to no avail. Anyone know what i can do?

May 7, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 9
Are you playing back a 2-channel file, and expecting rear sound output? Then you need to use a foobar DSP like "convert stereo to 4-channel".

If it's with a 4-channel or 5.1 file, then
confused.gif
since I've never used this card.

May 7, 2004 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 9
When i put the rear into the where i plugged in the fron t cable, the rear plays, but not the front if i put it in anywhere else. Im really confused, and i have no idea on how to get both the front ad rear to come out.

May 7, 2004 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 9
I think the problem is that you are playing 2-channel files, so sound is only being sent to the front outputs. You need something to convert the sound into 4 or 6 channel so that it will come through all your speakers (like the foobar DSP I mentioned, perhaps there is something similar for winamp?).

May 8, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #8 of 9
The sounds have gotten better, it seems as though the sounds change depending on what master clock setting i use..but this card just isn't for me. A revo 7.1 would be a better suit, scince its just a regular, pc consumer product that is still 24/96 w/o all the fancy things that the terratec offers.

May 8, 2004 at 5:14 AM Post #9 of 9
Upmixing stereo track on 4 speakers is not a good idea.It sounds much worse I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back