Tentative So. Cal meet: January 15, 2006?
Jan 13, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #108 of 158
YAY!! Ray Samuels is coming!!!!!!!!!! Hey Mr. Samuels, I know some good places around LAX to hang out. Let's do something after the meet.
icon10.gif

ALSO - Please bring an extra Hornet so I can buy it from you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #109 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels
Hi freinds....
Looks like I am in, I got my flight to LAX, will be there Saturday by 7:00pm,
Any thing to do on Saturday evening/night?
Where are you guys?
NO
eek.gif
interest in watching California Valley Girls?
confused.gif

Ray Samuels

That's awesome! Ray will soon be on his way to LA....
biggrin.gif

Do you have transportation to where you are staying in So Cal?

Would you like to get a bite to eat when you arrive or after you settle into your hotel room?

Just let me know.

Jan 13, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #110 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
YAY!! Ray Samuels is coming!!!!!!!!!! Hey Mr. Samuels, I know some good places around LAX to hang out. Let's do something after the meet.
icon10.gif

Places to hang out around the airport, huh? What kind of establishments are these?
tongue.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #111 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Places to hang out around the airport, huh? What kind of establishments are these?
tongue.gif

Hey now. Redondo Pier is only a few minutes away. There are lots of fine shops there as well as places to eat.

South Bay Galleria is also relatively close to LAX.

Jan 13, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #112 of 158
the hornet sounds freakin good out of the my Onix xcd-99
I didnt think could pull it off, but the hornet sounds damn good out of that source.

Ill be bringing the modded onix-xcd 99 to the meet. so if anyone wants to hear it with the opa627bp upgrades itll be there.

Jan 13, 2006 at 8:27 AM Post #113 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
the hornet sounds freakin good out of the my Onix xcd-99
I didnt think could pull it off, but the hornet sounds damn good out of that source.

Ill be bringing the modded onix-xcd 99 to the meet. so if anyone wants to hear it with the opa627bp upgrades itll be there.

Man - I have been dying to get a Hornet. I hope I can finally get one soon.

Jan 13, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #114 of 158
I sent everyone that has shown interest in the meet a private message titled “About this weekend’s So Cal Meet.”

If for some reason you didn’t receive it, let me know so I can send it to you.
wink.gif

I think Edwood has the raffle tickets covered.
icon10.gif
(thanks, Ed)

Jan 13, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #115 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
That's awesome! Ray will soon be on his way to LA....
biggrin.gif

Do you have transportation to where you are staying in So Cal?

Would you like to get a bite to eat when you arrive or after you settle into your hotel room?

Just let me know.

Thanks 909 for the offer, it is always nice & very helpful to find some freinds meeting you at the other end, not that I can't afford a taxi fair but it makes me comfortable knowing I won't be going to wrong places or even get lost dragging behind me boxes of expensive gears.
Hey LEF...stop calling me Mr. Samuels, I know I am old, but my heart feels like 16 years old, I know I am not a dirty old man either but a sexy senior citizen, Yeh BAYBY, out to the malls we go. I will bring with me your Hornet.
Any one would like to hear the AKG701? It is burned-in I can bring it if there is any interest.
As to going out & grab some thing to eat, no problemo, I am open & available both Saturday night & Sunday night.
I will bring with me 3 burned in Hornets amps of my own, also will bring the
hornet with the second module, which is the only one in existance, that is housed in my prototype none finished chassis NOW.
I will donate a NEW Hornet to be raffeled at the meet, to pay for part of the meet expences & the rest to support out Head-fi forum.
Let the fun begin.
Thanks to all who offered the help.
Ray Samuels

Jan 13, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #118 of 158
Hmm well Iron_Dreamer, Edwood, and I were going to be hanging out at Ed's place, but maybe we'll have to slightly alter Saturday nights plans...

Thanks for coming Ray, it wouldn't be the same without you.
biggrin.gif

Yes, Ray, we'd love to hear the 701.

Jan 13, 2006 at 4:39 PM Post #119 of 158
[size=medium]RAFFLE[/size]

CDs, boxsets, stickers, etc… (Courtesy of patgood)
2 Furutech PC-2 Pure Cleaner ($25 value each) (CD Cleaner) [Courtesy of Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi]
4 CD Stoplight by Audio Prism (Courtesy of Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi)
1 Furutech FP-15A Gold Outlet ($55) (Courtesy of Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi)
1 Hubble 20 Amp Outlet (Gray Color) [Courtesy of Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi]
1 Set (4 plugs) of Eichmann Bullet Plug - Retail Box (Courtesy of Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi)
One meter pair of UR6s ($150 value) (Courtesy of Grover Huffman)
Two meter pair of his UR6s ($150 value) (Courtesy of Grover Huffman)
Diamond 8” Reference mini ($80.00 value) (Courtesy of RnB audio)
Brand New Hornet ($350 value) (Courtesy of Ray Samuels Audio)
VHP-1 Headphone amp ($349) (Courtesy of CIAUDIO)

Part of the proceeds from the raffle will be contributed to cover meet expenses and the rest donated to Head-Fi

I believe we will get more stuff to raffle off as we get closer to the meet at which time, I’ll provide more specifics about the raffle such as the raffle ticket price, etc. I would like to thank those that have offered items for their thoughtfulness and generosity. It's greatly appreciated. Thank you.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
biggrin.gif

*New Private Message Sent to All Interested Head-Fiers*

Hello Head-Fiers:

I can’t believe it’s the Friday before the meet and in two days we’ll be enjoying each other’s company and gear. It really does seem like we are going to have an excellent meet with a respectable turn out, especially considering we have Justin Wilson of Headamp and Ray Samuels of RS Audio flying out and Craig Uthus of Eddie Current, Grover Huffman of Huffman Cables, Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi, RnB180 of RnB Audio, and Dusty of CIAUDIO attending the meet.

As a reminder the doors will open at 10:30AM and my cell phone number is (XXX) XXX-XXXX in case anyone gets lost.

If anyone is planning to bring refreshments (soda, bottle water), coolers, extension cords, name tags, or tables, please let me know.

We are also having a raffle the proceeds of which will be donated to Head-Fi. I’ll keep you updated in the thread as to what will be raffled off and the price of raffle tickets.

I am also providing the driving directions again because I had the 101 North and South on top of the opposite direction and simplified the driving directions by using the same exit irrespective if you are traveling North or South, so please take a close look at them once more. The updated driving directions are below or you can mapquest the address, which is below as well.

DIRECTIONS

ADDRESS

I look forward to meeting everyone on Sunday and thank everyone that has helped with the meet.

Best regards,

If you didn't receive this pm, let me know and I'll forward it to you in its entirety.

Jan 13, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #120 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Hmm well Iron_Dreamer, Edwood, and I were going to be hanging out at Ed's place, but maybe we'll have to slightly alter Saturday nights plans...

Thanks for coming Ray, it wouldn't be the same without you.
biggrin.gif

Yes, Ray, we'd love to hear the 701.

Hi Jasper....
Please do not alter your plans because of me, enjoy your time with your freinds the way it was planned, I will be perfectly fine.
Man, I love your Avater & RnB's too.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back