Tentative So. Cal meet: January 15, 2006?
Jan 14, 2006 at 9:53 AM Post #136 of 158
Iron Dreamer isn't the only one burning in stuff. I have been burning in my new cans since I received them yesterday. So far, about 34 hours of burn in.
icon10.gif

Jan 14, 2006 at 10:09 AM Post #137 of 158
Justin Wilson of Headamp has generously donated to the meet raffle a Gilmore Lite. Thanks Justin. It’s very much appreciated as are all members of the trade that have gone out of their way to donate gear to be raffled in support of our meet and Head-Fi.

Last night, I dropped-off six, six foot long tables and two, four foot long tables. Additionally, the studio has about three tables and a few other Head-Fiers are bringing tables. Basically, we have enough tables. Also, I think the studio has at least 30 chairs. We are good to go in the chair department too.

Yet, we need more extension cords, refreshments (soda or bottle water), ice, coolers, chips and dips, and name tags. (Edwood did you have an opportunity to get raffle tickets?)

Does anyone have a really good but still somewhat portable antenna to hook up to the TV? If we can get a decent reception we could keep an eye on Sunday’s NFL AFC Playoff game between Steelers and Colts and the NFC Playoff game between Panthers and Bears.
icon10.gif

Jan 14, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #139 of 158
Sounds like it's going to be a great meet! Have fun, guys. The weather had been predicting rain on saturday all week long, so maybe they'll be right about clear skies on sunday, as well.

Jan 14, 2006 at 8:10 PM Post #140 of 158
The big stuff:
RAY CHARLES
Pure Genius: The Complete Atlantic Recordings (1952-1959) box set (retails for about $150.00)
8 disc + dvd. this one is pretty sweet, the packaging is up for a grammy.

RAMONES - Weird Tales Of The Ramones
3 discs + dvd box set (retails for about $70). Another sweet set with full-color, 52-page book contains graphic novel liner notes, packaging, again, up for a grammy.

Other stuff:
Bunch of dvd's:
CREAM - Royal Albert Hall London May 2-3-5-6 2005
PIXIES - Sell Out
CONCERT FILM (2004) - Austin City Limits Festival
and a bunch of other stuff, including, yes, one of our "My Little Pony" releases (yeah, that one will be a hot one for sure... )

CD's:
A few of the R.E.M. CD+DVD/DVD-A reissues.
CHICAGO - Chicago At Carnegie Hall
and again, a bunch of others that I can't remember at the moment.

We also have 3 Rhino '06 calendars, and a ton of various stickers.

I agree with patgod that most everyone should walk away with at least something.

Jan 14, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #141 of 158
The cost of a raffle ticket is $10.00. There is no requirement to buy a ticket, but if you don't you can't win any of the loot.

Here is the raffle loot:

THE HORNET ($350 value) (Courtesy of RAY SAMUELS Audio)
One meter pair of UR6s ($150 value) (Courtesy of Grover Huffman)
Two meter pair of his UR6s ($150 value) (Courtesy of Grover Huffman)
Diamond 8” Reference mini ($80 value) (Courtesy of RnB audio)
VHP-1 headphone amp ($349 value) (Courtesy of CIAUDIO)
Gilmore Lite (Courtesy of Headamp, Justin Wilson)

CDs, boxsets, stickers, etc… (Courtesy of patgood)

RAY CHARLES
Pure Genius: The Complete Atlantic Recordings (1952-1959) box set (retails for about $150.00)
8 disc + dvd. this one is pretty sweet, the packaging is up for a grammy.
RAMONES - Weird Tales Of The Ramones
3 discs + dvd box set (retails for about $70). Another sweet set with full-color, 52-page book contains graphic novel liner notes, packaging, again, up for a grammy.
Other stuff:
Bunch of dvd's:
CREAM - Royal Albert Hall London May 2-3-5-6 2005
PIXIES - Sell Out
CONCERT FILM (2004) - Austin City Limits Festival
and a bunch of other stuff, including, yes, one of our "My Little Pony" releases (yeah, that one will be a hot one for sure... )
CD's:
A few of the R.E.M. CD+DVD/DVD-A reissues.
CHICAGO - Chicago At Carnegie Hall
and again, a bunch of others that I can't remember at the moment.
3 Rhino '06 calendars, and a ton of various stickers

2 Furutech PC-2 Pure Cleaner (CD Cleaner) [Courtesy of Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi]
4 CD Stoplight by Audio Prism (Courtesy of Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi)
1 Furutech FP-15A Gold Outlet (Courtesy of Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi)
1 Hubble 20 Amp Outlet (Gray Color) [Courtesy of Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi]
1 Set (4 plugs) of Eichmann Bullet Plug - Retail Box (Courtesy of Paul S. Lim of Imagine HiFi)

Proceeds from the raffle will be donated to Head-Fi only if necessary a small portion will cover some meet expenses.

I believe we got most of the stuff to raffle off. I would like to thank those that have offered items for their thoughtfulness and generosity. It's greatly appreciated. Thank you.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Jan 15, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #142 of 158
Hey Ray - Where are you at. Everyone wants to hang out and your missing.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Let us know what your doing.

Jan 15, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #143 of 158
909 - Jasper994 missed staples by a few minutes and they open tomorrow at 10:00AM. What is the address to nearest one in your area so we can pick up the raffle ticketts?

Jan 15, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #146 of 158
I just added a PURE/AV clear power PF31 conditioner to my list. I will probably head on out a little early tomorrow.......
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #148 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
909 - Jasper994 missed staples by a few minutes and they open tomorrow at 10:00AM. What is the address to nearest one in your area so we can pick up the raffle ticketts?

LOL, I just picked up a huge 2000 ticket roll of raffle tickets.

tongue.gif

-Ed

Jan 15, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #149 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
LOL, I just picked up a huge 2000 ticket roll of raffle tickets.

tongue.gif

-Ed

Great news. Do you think that will be enough?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back