Tentative So. Cal meet: January 15, 2006?
Jan 2, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #47 of 158
I'm interested!
anyone bringing vinyl gear? i could bring some records...

my collection:
MS1's, px100, ksc35/75, ipod+cmoy

by the way is the exact location going to be posted? i'd like to google earth it...

Jan 2, 2006 at 9:57 AM Post #48 of 158
Check out post #24 in this thread for the cross streets. I will pm everyone interested in attending with the specific address within the next day or so.

Later today, I'll post the start and end time.

Jan 2, 2006 at 10:07 AM Post #49 of 158
I'm interested.

I can bring:
Grado SR325s
Sony CD3000
Sony Eggos
Shure E4c
Shure E3c
iPod Nano
Cmoy

Looking forward to it!

Jan 3, 2006 at 11:18 AM Post #50 of 158
As you all can probably tell this meet is no longer tentative, but a definite go. It's a green light.
biggrin.gif

START & END TIME
Doors open at 10:30AM until 10:30PM or later....

Jan 3, 2006 at 11:51 AM Post #51 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Check out post #24 in this thread for the address/exact location. Later today, I'll post the start and end time.

I know I'm just wearing a foil hat, but can you edit out the address and PM it to people that will be attending instead?

-Ed

Jan 3, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #52 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riboge
Sounds interesting. I'm 95 miles south of there but I'll look into making it. If I do, I'll bring what's listed in my sig portable rig plus a RnB black diamond ic.

I'm hoping there's going to be another San Diego are meet this Winter. Please someone let me know if there is to be one.

I would be happy to conduct another one (I hosted the last) but I'll be downtown in another month... the parking might be a pain. On the upside it's a loft so nice open area for a meet up to say 20 people or so. I won't even think about it until construction is completed and I actually get to _see_ the unit, have closed escrow, lol. These pre-con deals where you wait two years are nuts.

I'm hemming and hawing over this one... its' a bit far for me to drive after just having done a meet. But I so much want to shake Grover's hand.

Jan 3, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #53 of 158
I have my personal iPod hardwire diamond dock (only one ever made
smily_headphones1.gif
), most likely will bring it
So if any audio purists has an iPod and lossless files at the meet would like to hear it on their personal rig, knock yourselves out.

Jan 3, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #54 of 158
If shippers and handlers do their jobs well I should have:

Sony SA5000
Veda Audio Dynahi SA (4 inputs)
Benchmark DAC1
AQVOX USB 2 D/A (still waiting after a month since ordering)
Lavry Black DA10 (pending a software fix by Lavry)
iRiver iHP-120
either Fujitsu N3511 laptop or my desktop with modded RME PAD as transport

What I will need for a DAC shootout is interconnects. Preferably XLR (female source side) to RCA, or RCA to RCA with XLR to RCA adapters. I will have one set of my own, but of course it'd be best if we had identical ones. I think we should have enough optical cables (I'll have 2, i know Ed has quite a few). Obviously the Dynahi will do fine duty to allow us to switch between a bunch of DAC's simultaneously.

Jan 3, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #55 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I know I'm just wearing a foil hat, but can you edit out the address and PM it to people that will be attending instead?

-Ed

Point well taken. Thanks.

Jan 5, 2006 at 8:18 AM Post #57 of 158
There are two lists one of definite attendees and the other of possible attendees.

EDIT: Please, check the first post for these two up-to-date lists. Thanks

Jan 5, 2006 at 10:59 AM Post #59 of 158
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
Justin and Mikhail might attend?

wow
basshead.gif

Yes. Justin emailed me a few days ago, and said he's about 80% sure he's coming. I need to email Mikhail again, but last we left it he did seem pretty interested in either coming or sending something to the meet. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Jan 5, 2006 at 11:54 AM Post #60 of 158
Hello California Head-Fiers:

The time is near to the Southern California January 15, 2006 meet. I thought it best to private message everyone that has shown interest to provide them with more info about the meet.

As indicated in the thread, everyone is welcome to attend even close friends and family, but I would have a bit of concern about bringing some children due to the expensive equipment that will be at the meet. I will, however, trust in everyone’s best judgment and discretion as to whom they wish to invite and/or bring.

We do need as many power strips and extension cords as we can get our hands on. If anyone can spare to bring some that would be great. Additionally, we need tables since the studio doesn’t have any; and therefore I am bringing about six fairly good size tables. Also, it would be nice to have cold soda and bottled water, so if anyone wants to bring refreshments that will be appreciated. I’ll bring a few coolers and ice to keep the drinks cold; if anyone else wants to bring some ice or a cooler or two as well that would be cool. I suppose having more than we need would be better than not having enough, but nothing is required of anyone to attend.

The doors will open at 10:30AM, but Head-Fiers are welcome to arrive anytime thereafter. I am setting the end time at 10:30PM, but this is not in stone so we can go longer, if we want.

Velogreg made a great suggestion to put a marker of some sort on the corner of Corsa Avenue and on the driveway to the building where the meet will be held to make it easier to spot. My cell phone number is (XXX) XXX-XXXX, in the event that anyone gets lost or needs help finding the location. I am not opposed to receiving calls before, but prefer corresponding via private messages if possible.

Edwood has made some great suggestions about food, labeling gear, and nametags. There are quite a few reasonably priced food places nearby such as Costco (Pizza), T.O. Meet Locker which has great tri-tip and chicken sandwiches, Baja Fresh, Subway, and Panda Express just to name a few. We will probably make a food run or order pizza. Everyone bringing gear should remember to label it with name/Head-Fi user name, so it doesn’t get mixed up with others. Edwood offered to bring painter’s tape and sharpies so Head-Fiers can label their gear, as long as it’s not on leather. We are also considering printing out nametags.

Below is the meet location address and driving directions. Thanks for your attention and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Best regards,

* Here is the address:

XXXX XXXXX Avenue Suite XXX
Westlake Village, CA 91362

DIRECTIONS

From the 101 North:
Exit Lindero Canyon Rd.
Right on Lindero Canyon
Left on Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Left on XXXXX.
Located at the end of XXXXX on the left hand side

From the 101 South:
Exit Lindero Canyon Rd.
Left Lindero Canyon Rd.
Left on Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Right on XXXXX
Located at the end of XXXXX on the left hand side
If you didn't receive this private message (pm) or would like to, just pm me and I'll forward the pm in its entirety to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back