TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Jan 12, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #154 of 245
Which ones can you find out?

I have the HiBy R5, The Shanling M3X, the Cayin RU6, and the Hizsdiz S9 Pro and I would say that being honest, because I have a faulty V6, the 3.5mm of the TempoTec V6 is probably the best sounding. The balanced outputs are all good, but the 3.5mm on the V6 is excellent. My problem is the 3.5mm on my unit doesn't always engage.

Jan 12, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #156 of 245
I have the HiBy R5, The Shanling M3X, the Cayin RU6, and the Hizsdiz S9 Pro and I would say that being honest, because I have a faulty V6, the 3.5mm of the TempoTec V6 is probably the best sounding. The balanced outputs are all good, but the 3.5mm on the V6 is excellent. My problem is the 3.5mm on my unit doesn't always engage.
It says a lot about the sound quality of the V6.

Shame about the poor customer service 😞.

Jan 12, 2023 at 8:02 PM Post #157 of 245

you say the balanced outputs are all good. Do you mean the 2,5 and 4,4 output on the V6 or overall on all your DAPs u described above ?

Jan 13, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #158 of 245
you say the balanced outputs are all good. Do you mean the 2,5 and 4,4 output on the V6 or overall on all your DAPs u described above ?
Just did an A/B of the TempoTec V6 4.4mm out and the Cayin RU6 through the TempoTec USB out. The Cayin RU6 wins while using the IMR Zenith II IEM with L Spiral Dot tips (to me). All the Bal out are good. I really like the TempoTec 3.5mm, but 4.4mm for the RU6 and 2.5mm for the Hidizs 09 Pro sound better in general.

Jan 13, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #159 of 245
Just did an A/B of the TempoTec V6 4.4mm out and the Cayin RU6 through the TempoTec USB out. The Cayin RU6 wins while using the IMR Zenith II IEM with L Spiral Dot tips (to me). All the Bal out are good. I really like the TempoTec 3.5mm, but 4.4mm for the RU6 and 2.5mm for the Hidizs 09 Pro sound better in general.

okay, that's very interesting. But I tested one time trough 4,4 bal the RU6, IFI Go Bar and the Questyle M15 on my MacBook Air 2020 with my Sennheiser IE 600, and for my taste the Questyle M15 had easy the best sound from all 🤷‍♂️

Jan 13, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #160 of 245
okay, that's very interesting. But I tested one time trough 4,4 bal the RU6, IFI Go Bar and the Questyle M15 on my MacBook Air 2020 with my Sennheiser IE 600, and for my taste the Questyle M15 had easy the best sound from all 🤷‍♂️

I've not heard the Questyle M15, but I know many reviewers swear by it and love it. It is clearly top notch. The RU6 is good sounding but subject to RF interference. The Hidizs S9 Pro is very good for such a small dongle. Some of the newer dongles seem to match a lot of DAPs in sound quality. I prefer using a DAP because I find a dongle hanging from the bottom of a phone a nuisance. The TempoTec V6 has a great 3.5mm. I've not heard the iFi Go Bar, but I have the iFi Go Blu which I like a lot. Too much stuff by far.

Jan 24, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #161 of 245
Can anyone provide some help? I'm having issues with getting my V6 to output through the USB-C Port. I have a Bluetooth Audio Transmitter that can transmit lossless audio through Bluetooth 5.3 to my headphones. I'm playing Tidal music through HiByMusic Player and the output works for about one track. After that, the device fails to output more audio through the USB-C Port.

I have to connect my headphones directly with the V6 (so without the lossless quality) for the device to switch back to Bluetooth output instead of USB-C output. Does anyone know if there is a way to put USB-C audio as a standard output source? Or does anyone has experience using the V6 with USB-C audio output?

Jan 27, 2023 at 5:27 PM Post #163 of 245
Damn, this thread might have saved me some serious headache

Been looking into DAPs to replace my original FiiO X1 (still working perfectly fine, but can't do balanced) and after crawling through the rabbit hole I'm down to either M3X or this V6. Was this damn close to having it imported directly from TempoTec as that would be the cheapest option. Yea, the little bit of saved money not worth the risk...
I can get it through a retailer company I trust. Got most of my stuff through them and never had any "issues" when there were issues (once). Communication always quick and open
The price would be somewhat higher than MRSP tho. Some 455$ against 375$ for the M3X
I'm still kind of leaning more towards the V6 since I would get 24 month of warranty in the price (again, thanks for helping me dodge that particular bullet)
But wondering if the difference between them is significant enough to justify the 80 bucks. Especially the extra juice/power and MSEB support entices me

Jan 27, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #164 of 245
Damn, this thread might have saved me some serious headache

Been looking into DAPs to replace my original FiiO X1 (still working perfectly fine, but can't do balanced) and after crawling through the rabbit hole I'm down to either M3X or this V6. Was this damn close to having it imported directly from TempoTec as that would be the cheapest option. Yea, the little bit of saved money not worth the risk...
I can get it through a retailer company I trust. Got most of my stuff through them and never had any "issues" when there were issues (once). Communication always quick and open
The price would be somewhat higher than MRSP tho. Some 455$ against 375$ for the M3X
I'm still kind of leaning more towards the V6 since I would get 24 month of warranty in the price (again, thanks for helping me dodge that particular bullet)
But wondering if the difference between them is significant enough to justify the 80 bucks. Especially the extra juice/power and MSEB support entices me

I've got the Shanling M3X and the Tempotec V6. There is not much between them sound-wise. The 4.4mm of the Shanling is better sounding, the 3.5mm of the V6 is better. The V6 is bit bulky and heavy, but solid. The warranty of the V6 worthless. I bought the V6 from TempoTec and have a dodgy 3.5mm, TempoTec ignore my emails. The M3X I got from a retailer. If you decide on the V6 get it from a retailer.....not TempoTec. Unit wise the M3X is nicer, better size and I tend to go for the M3X. If you use 4.4mm the M3X is better.

Jan 27, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #165 of 245
I've got the Shanling M3X and the Tempotec V6. There is not much between them sound-wise. The 4.4mm of the Shanling is better sounding, the 3.5mm of the V6 is better. The V6 is bit bulky and heavy, but solid. The warranty of the V6 worthless. I bought the V6 from TempoTec and have a dodgy 3.5mm, TempoTec ignore my emails. The M3X I got from a retailer. If you decide on the V6 get it from a retailer.....not TempoTec. Unit wise the M3X is nicer, better size and I tend to go for the M3X. If you use 4.4mm the M3X is better.
Yea, read through this entire thread (and some other complaints about technical issues elsewhere on the net). Especially your story made me nope the hell out from the notion of importing it directly from TempoTec
So I take it there has been no answer from them still, after all that time? Wow, that's just...sad?

I've heard the 3.5mm of M3X is nothing special (relative to the competition), but the 4.4mm is amazing. How would you compare the Shanling's 4.4mm to the V6's 3.5mm?
Also, if I may ask, when you say "better"...what stands out in one that the other lacks? Couldn't find much in terms of direct comparisons that would go more into detail. And what I did find said the V6 sound is just a little bit richer and more powerful, but the difference is minute. You seem to hear it differently, so...I find myself curious
Ideally, I'd love to be able to compare them myself as nobody can really tell me which would better suit my personal preference. Not to mention the choice/availability of headphones and IEMs will play a role. Mine are DT 770 PRO (250 Ohm) and the Moondrop Aria, respectively
Sadly, I couldn't find any local retailer which has both so I can't compare them side by side without having to pay for both first

Users who are viewing this thread

Back