TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Dec 26, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #121 of 245
Make sure to go about that in settings app as opposed to the EQ mseb on the app itself.
Oh yeah, I use it by going through the top bar>audio settings.

As much as I'm not huge EQ fan, and tbh use it very rarely - I can see great potential in it to tweak some of my sets (or I'm just too lazy to learn how to properly use EQ). Not interested in completely transforming the sound profile but give it touch in last 5%.

Dec 26, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #122 of 245
Make sure to go about that in settings app as opposed to the EQ mseb on the app itself.

Oh yeah, I use it by going through the top bar>audio settings.

As much as I'm not huge EQ fan, and tbh use it very rarely - I can see great potential in it to tweak some of my sets (or I'm just too lazy to learn how to properly use EQ). Not interested in completely transforming the sound profile but give it touch in last 5%.

I've had a HiBy R5 for a few years so have come to really respect MSEB, which is system wide on the HiBy too. I prefer it to graphs or numbers. It's an underrated system.

Dec 26, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #123 of 245
I know lot of people don't like using EQ but have you tried to play around with mseb?
Currently am using the analog pre-set to bring it more inline with my tastes.

I'm generally not a fan of eq like this as tend to create other issues with other parts of the frequency curve whilst curing the problem.

I'll fine tune it over time and hope will find a middle ground that suits me.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate the V6 and do appreciate why some people will love it, but it is like the Harman curve and won't suit everyones hearing.

Dec 28, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #125 of 245
Currently am using the analog pre-set to bring it more inline with my tastes.

I'm generally not a fan of eq like this as tend to create other issues with other parts of the frequency curve whilst curing the problem.

I'll fine tune it over time and hope will find a middle ground that suits me.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate the V6 and do appreciate why some people will love it, but it is like the Harman curve and won't suit everyones hearing.
Seems like the MSEB targets only particular frequencies, but I hear ya.
MageSound 8-ball (MSEB):
1 -- Overall Temperature is a tilt of the whole line towards treble (cool) or bass (warm)
2 -- Bass extension 70Hz and below
3 -- Bass texture 100Hz (medium)
4 -- Note thickness 200Hz (wide)
5 -- Vocals 650Hz (very wide)
6 -- Female overtones 3kHz (tight)
7 -- Sibilance LF 5.8kHz (medium)
8 -- Sibilance HF 9.2kHz (medium)
9 -- Impulse response 7.5kHz (very wide)
10 - Air 10kHz sloped all the way to 20kHz

Dec 28, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #126 of 245
Seems like the MSEB targets only particular frequencies, but I hear ya.
I like the fact that HiBy are using nouns and adjectives instead of numbers. For me the HiBy way of EQ brings in descriptive words that elicit feelings and emotions, rather than just numbers. Language is much more related to our experience of music than EQ numbers. Just my preference.

Dec 28, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #127 of 245
I like the fact that HiBy are using nouns and adjectives instead of numbers. For me the HiBy way of EQ brings in descriptive words that elicit feelings and emotions, rather than just numbers. Language is much more related to our experience of music than EQ numbers. Just my preference.

That might explain why I do not accept that frequency graphs are definitive, they are helpful, I cannot deny that, but graphs cannot be touted as definitive.

Music is emotive by nature, it scratches at the core of our soul not our reasoning. Graphs are our attempt at interpreting and rationalising the emotive....not possible, in my view. At best the use of graphs is in its infancy.

Dec 28, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #128 of 245
That might explain why I do not accept that frequency graphs are definitive, they are helpful, I cannot deny that, but graphs cannot be touted as definitive.

Music is emotive by nature, it scratches at the core of our soul not our reasoning. Graphs are our attempt at interpreting and rationalising the emotive....not possible, in my view. At best the use of graphs is in its infancy.
That's my take too Chris. As you probably know I like reviews that use good descriptive language and are perfumed by the good use of words. Graphs don't move me but the good use of language and meaning does. If I read good literature I am moved and touched. If I listen to a good album it will touch me very deeply. A book of graphs will be guaranteed to send me to sleep.

Jan 3, 2023 at 5:54 AM Post #131 of 245
Looking at the USB-C to single chinch and wondering what the use case is?

v6-1672639809888_1200x.jpg

Jan 3, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #132 of 245
Looking at the USB-C to single chinch and wondering what the use case is?

v6-1672639809888_1200x.jpg
Type C to coax digital output to attach to an external DAC

Jan 4, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #135 of 245
I have downloaded a pretty big playlist from Tidal (as I mainly use the V6 offline). It downloaded all music on the internal memory first and afterwards on the SD. I have the feeling that this will affect the performance of the device.

Anyone knows how to make sure the SD is used as the main source for downloads? Or does anyone have any other solution?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back