TempoTec Variations V6 DSD512 Android HIFI Music Player
Dec 22, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #106 of 240
What do you mean by WiFi noise? Is it noise affecting the WiFi connection, or WiFi noise affecting the audio? If the later, does it affect LO and PO, and how do you know it is WiFi-related?
Noise created by WiFi affecting audio.
How do I know it is the WiFi - it disappears when I disable WiFi.

Now it is very intermitent - it popped up once (that I have noticed) but since then it is quiet.

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:35 AM Post #107 of 240
Noise created by WiFi affecting audio.
How do I know it is the WiFi - it disappears when I disable WiFi.

Now it is very intermitent - it popped up once (that I have noticed) but since then it is quiet.
Interesting. Some EMI interference between the internal WiFi module and the audio circuitry of the V6? Being very intermittent will make the diagnostic challenging. I haven’t noticed any similar issue on my V6. I have WiFi and BT enabled all the time.

Dec 22, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #108 of 240
Thought I'd cured my problem of the V6 staying in BAL even when having an IEM plugged into the 3.5mm PO. Consequently I am unable to get sound from the 3.5mm as needed, unless the BAL suddenly clears. Spraying with contact cleaner seemed to cure it for a while. Blowing into the 4.4mm port also sometimes clears it. Seems I'll have carry around a spray can of 'contact cleaner'. Maybe TempoTec should supply a can with every unit they sell. TempoTec warranties are not valid because they don't communicate to deal with issues. Anyone on this thread had a problem solved or a repair done by TempoTec or even a line of communication?

Dec 22, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #109 of 240
Thought I'd cured my problem of the V6 staying in BAL even when having an IEM plugged into the 3.5mm PO. Consequently I am unable to get sound from the 3.5mm as needed, unless the BAL suddenly clears. Spraying with contact cleaner seemed to cure it for a while. Blowing into the 4.4mm port also sometimes clears it. Seems I'll have carry around a spray can of 'contact cleaner'. Maybe TempoTec should supply a can with every unit they sell. TempoTec warranties are not valid because they don't communicate to deal with issues. Anyone on this thread had a problem solved or a repair done by TempoTec or even a line of communication?
Sounds like lemon balance port, maybe bad joint somewhere. If the TempioTec keeps ignoring I would ask one of the handy folks with experience in DAPs to have a look at the 4.4mm PO port.

Dec 24, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #110 of 240
novice question so please give me some time..

I have downloaded the firmware update from the website. The email from TempoTec says copy it in a TF card and update it locally.

I cant see anywhere on the drive that seems to fit that description or understand how to go about that. any help would be greatly appreciate! 🙏

Dec 24, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #111 of 240
novice question so please give me some time..

I have downloaded the firmware update from the website. The email from TempoTec says copy it in a TF card and update it locally.

I cant see anywhere on the drive that seems to fit that description or understand how to go about that. any help would be greatly appreciate! 🙏
You can put it on the device itself if you connect it to your pc

Dec 24, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #113 of 240
Is it possible to play music from the player using the USB out? I havent had much luck getting it to connect. I am currently connecting to my Naim Mu-so qb 2 via casting but would love to find a better quality hardwired connection

Dec 25, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #114 of 240
Hello Respected Owners of the Tempo Tec V6,

Is anybody here using Streaming Services : Apple Music and Tidal

1. Is it possible to download music files for offline listening into the SD Card inside the Native Apple Music App and Tidal App?
2. How is the navigation in Andriod 8 with 2GB RAM for those two streaming music native app?
3. Assuming this player supports Global Andriod Sound Oversampling Bypass?

Understood the Fact / Risk of that Zero support for After-Sale Service for this product.

P.S: I know Hiby Music Player also supports Tidal but I think it didn't allow playback history for the streaming service to build the Music Profile which translates to Recommendation. The same goes for UAPP.
For Apple Music of Andriod is ver 4.0 right now got the minimum requirement is Andriod 5.0+ I think so hopefully it is no problem for this player.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 12:35 AM Post #115 of 240
Got my V6 as a Christmas present yesterday.
Initial impressions are not that great I'm afraid, it is very aggressive in the upper mids, an area I am sensitive to, so not feeling the love at the moment :frowning2:
My other Christmas present (audiosense AQ4) is faulty, so overall disappointed.

Dec 26, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #116 of 240
Initial impressions are not that great I'm afraid, it is very aggressive in the upper mids, an area I am sensitive to, so not feeling the love at the moment :frowning2:
Sorry to hear that.

It may be a good sign for the coming year.....from a low point everything goes up and up. I certainly hope it gets better from here.

Dec 26, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #117 of 240
Sorry to hear that.

It may be a good sign for the coming year.....from a low point everything goes up and up. I certainly hope it gets better from here.
I like your optimism! Having gone from one challenging thing to another recently, let's hope so!

On a plus note audiosense CS replied almost instantly. Sending a new earphone out, no questions asked.

Dec 26, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #118 of 240
We are building a picture on this TempoTec thread. In the past I had a FiiO M6 and M9. FiiO directly participated in the FiiO threads as did iBasso with Paul. HiBy had Joe Bloggs responding on the HiBy thread. It seems that TempoTec are the spanner in the after care works. No presence on this thread and no replies to emails. Unless you buy from a retailer like in the UK, Audioconcierge for £399, you will be living with no warranty or communication with TempoTec. In the UK. I would recommend to get the Shanling M3X from Elise Audio for £329 or the iBasso DX170 from AMP3 for £379 (on sale at the moment with15% discount. Great after care and communication from both. How a company like TempoTec can desert their customers is beyond my understanding.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #119 of 240
I know lot of people don't like using EQ but have you tried to play around with mseb?

Dec 26, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #120 of 240
I know lot of people don't like using EQ but have you tried to play around with mseb?
Make sure to go about that in settings app as opposed to the EQ mseb on the app itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back