Tell us how your Audio-gd Compass is Being Used!
Jul 15, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #17 of 32
P.C. audio --->USB in Compass and sometimes a solid silver mini to stereo RCA cable from P.C. soundcard --->super mode(dac is noticeably inferior to Compass' dac but I like to contrast/compare ... Sometimes plug my Sony dvd/cd --->Coax digital in .....(cds never sounded better ...or worse ! )

Looking to get some good high end monitor speakers+subwoofer soon ....

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #18 of 32
My MacBook Pro and iTunes filled with Apple Lossless rips of all my music feeding the Compass via Optical to my ATH-A950LTD's, Grado SR-80i's, or a splitter between the A950's and A900's when my girlfriend listens with me!

I love this thing, it's really allowed me to try new things with my music. I am in the 300-350 hour range right now, so a lot of the mid range sound is kind of missing hah. A few more days till euphoria!

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #19 of 32
I just ordered mine. For my powered speakers do I use the DAC out or the Preamp out?

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the powered speakers have their own volume control?

My active speakers have its own volume pot but i'd like to control the volume using the Compass volume pot.

Do they go in preamp or DAC out?

I never understood what preamp is for.

Oct 31, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #25 of 32
PC>optical>Compass>HD650
PC>optical>Compass>Yahama RX-V640RDS>B&W602 S2

Currently waiting for some custom cable for my 650's from doublehelix Pete
smily_headphones1.gif

Compass is defo one of the best buys for me recently, lovely piece of kit.

Oct 31, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #26 of 32
Right now, I am just using it with my ASUS notebook to power IE7 IEMs at work.

Haven't quite had the guts to pull out the DT990/600s at work yet, that could get a little too much attention
smily_headphones1.gif

Tempted to move the Compass to my home PC, where I could also connect a CD via optical, and a set of speakers/sub via the PreOuts. However, that wouldn't get nearly as much as use as the work setup, so I'm kind of torn.

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jisu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My active speakers have its own volume pot but i'd like to control the volume using the Compass volume pot.

Do they go in preamp or DAC out?

I never understood what preamp is for.

The DAC out has no volume control. The Pre amp out is more or less the headphone out diverted to the set of rear sockets, so you have volume control.

Nov 2, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #29 of 32
I'm having some problems loading the Compass thread past Page 19, so could someone perhaps answer this for me...?

Does the RCA input connect to the headphone amp (so I could hypothetically listen to vinyl using the Compass headphone amp), or does it only work as a pre-amp to RCA out?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back