Television
May 30, 2007 at 6:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

Jigglybootch

Headphoneus Supremus
I've just come to the realization that I watch, on average, about 3 hours of TV each week, if that. In fact, all I really watch is Heroes and football. Needless to say, my friends think I'm weird. Anyone else out there who hardly ever watches TV?

May 30, 2007 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 47
I have gotten to the point that I rarely watch tv, probably an hour a day at most, most days none at all. People also think that is strange of me, I believe mostly because I am 16 and many people in my age group watch 4 hours of tv a day. I use the computer constantly instead, the internet has so much to read.

May 30, 2007 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 47
I too find myself on the internet more often than not. I used to watch a lot more TV when I was younger (and play a lot more video games) but now I almost never watch TV and don't really play video games anymore. When I'm not working out or listening to music, I'm usually on the internet or sleeping. Weird or not, it's going to save me a lot of money on my cable bill when I move out later this year.

May 30, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 47
I used to watch about 35 hours of TV a week. Now I usually watch less than a third of that a week mainly due to Head-Fi (I spend more time than I should browsing these forums).

May 30, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #6 of 47
Well now that most of the shows are done I'm catching up on older shows. At the height of this season I was watching Heroes, House, Lost, The Office, My Name is Earl, Survivor (I can't quit that show), and the occasional Family Guy/Simpsons but not regularly. So that's, 5-6, if all were new episodes in the same week. Now I'm doing more than that on Battlestar Galactica, I'd never seen it and it's awesome.

Soon enough Rescue Me will start up, not sure what other summer shows I'll be interested in.

May 30, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #8 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just come to the realization that I watch, on average, about 3 hours of TV each week, if that. In fact, all I really watch is Heroes and football. Needless to say, my friends think I'm weird. Anyone else out there who hardly ever watches TV?

*raises hand*
I used to watch it out of boredom when I didn't have the internet at home, but the tidal wave of ads and the sheer idiocy of most tv programs made it an agony.
Then I got DSL, and the TV was used so little I actually disconnected the set and kept it in the closet.
Nowadays I don't own a television at all, and yes, people do tend to look at me in weird ways when I mention that... but I consider it a plus
tongue.gif

May 30, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #9 of 47
"A thousand channels; and nothing to watch." Now if that ain't true.

There are about four channels that I normally watch, and the commercials are so thick that they would be unwatchable if it weren't for the cable box that allows me to save and fast forward.

My normal routine is to scan a days viewing and record those very few programs I'm interested in into the cable box(the Wife does the same)and we then take turns watching "our" shows when it's convenient.

....and why do I want to block access to the kids watching Nickelodeon and the Cartoon Network? Insane!! Anyway....

The broken promise of cable of years ago of "pay per view" to avoid commercials is what angers me the most. To pay hostage release fees for the programming, and yet get more commercials than we had on broadcast TV a few years ago is nearly obscene!

May 30, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #11 of 47
I probably watch less than ten minutes of TV a month, if even that much. Most of the programming is so utterly stupid it makes me sick.

May 30, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #12 of 47
Only documentaries (like Frontline), Battlestar Galactica (the new series), Rome, Deadwood, and college football. I don't trust the news anymore, and I just can't relate to this reality TV crap that is so popular.

May 30, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I spend more time on the internet than I'd like to admit, though it's not all Head-Fi's fault.

What the heck is up with the bootch? My all time fave user name. Where's the paper bag avy. Don't disappoint me bootchy!

Anyway, my t.v. times varies depending on the sporting events on that week and that's all the broadcast stuff I watch.

But before I pat myself on the back, I watch t.v. on DVD and like jiggly here, spend way too much time on the net.

So, I ain't special; just another media whore.

May 30, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #14 of 47
not really a television junkie but have to say television is pointless if you don't relate it to your life. Its probably not going to be motivating but once you connect it to comic characters, books, movies, games, fables, etc everything becomes more intriguing and you can have something to look forward to.

ex. Jack(Lost) kind of like Cyclops(Apocalypse Saga)

You have to still be some what impressed by the actions of others
wink.gif

May 30, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #15 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just can't relate to this reality TV crap that is so popular.

Ditto. I always feel I'm on the wrong planet when I see how many people actually believe what happens in "reality" shows is in any way real. And it's all so very boring...

I do watch a few shows I like, but I get them via torrents. Much more practical than recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back