Tekton Design Speakers
Jan 14, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #106 of 144
Here is some video of the Studio Monitors in action, plus the setup:

They look gorgeous, especially with that high gloss black finish.

What happened to the domes on the right speaker? They look like they got pushed in. Will you be able to fix that?

Do you know if the PMD Studio Monitor has the same 6.5" woofers as the Impact Monitor?

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #107 of 144

Note: the sound is kinda loud. Enjoy!

Very nice! What song is that? Would you be able to do a video with somebody like Stevie Ray Vaughn, Ronnie Earl, Robben Ford or Robert Cray? Im sorry that sounds a little pushy, but I sure would like to hear how they sound and perform with one of my preferred genres.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #108 of 144
The tweeter domes got pushed-in when I lifted the speaker out of it's box, they are soft rubber and should pop back out. Hasn't effected the sound, though. I believe the drivers are higher grade than the Impact monitors, but I can't say for sure. The tweeters definitely are.

The song is Midsummer Night by the Guitar Trio--Paco De Lucia. Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin. I have some Stevie Ray Vaughn that I can put on them in the next day or so.

Jan 14, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #109 of 144
I have some Stevie Ray Vaughn that I can put on them in the next day or so.

Thank you! Or actually, preferably , Ronnie Earl, Robben Ford or Robert Cray instead, if you have any. Many thanks if you can do any! but seriously what ever you have in some Good Blues, (maybe not Blues Rock).

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #110 of 144

Note: the sound is kinda loud. Enjoy!

hey if you want to replace those pushed in tweeters you can find replacement drivers here if its the peerless version https://www.parts-express.com/peerless-by-tymphany-dx25tg59-04-1-fabric-dome-tweeter--264-1020 or if it's the Scanspeak version https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.c...nspeak-discovery-d2604/833000-1-dome-tweeter/ The only difference is the scanspeak is magnetically shielded. impedance and frequency response are the same so it should work with the crossover regardless of the one you choose.

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #111 of 144
Thank you! Or actually, preferably , Ronnie Earl, Robben Ford or Robert Cray instead, if you have any. Many thanks if you can do any! but seriously what ever you have in some Good Blues, (maybe not Blues Rock).

Went to your YouTube page and heard Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughn, Very nice. Thanks for doing that... I think the PMD's would trounce my LS50's... :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #112 of 144
I'm playing the new vid as well. Sounds great, of course...but unfortunately, without being there myself, I can't tell how a speaker really sounds and compares to what I've owned. I've watched many videos of this type and can't even tell how the speakers on various videos compare to each other, especially with different music. I am playing all the audio through my own speakers, after all.

I can't get over how classy that piano-like reflective finish looks.

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #113 of 144
Nice ! did you get the grills ?

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:15 PM Post #115 of 144
Jan 17, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #116 of 144
Jan 17, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #117 of 144
Jan 17, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #118 of 144
I read that entire page and it's just a bunch of random info. You did not explain your reasoning. What hassle are you referring to?

Read the entire thread. The owner of Tekton makes a lot of claims that he can’t support, then refuses to discuss them when challenged. Even the most ardent supporter of Tekton gives up by the end of the thread in his frustration with Erik.

People may like their speakers, but all of the manufacturer’s claims about design and uniqueness fall apart. With Tekton’s continued refusal to generate measurements, all we are left with is the owner’s unsubstantiated claims about design and performance, claims which don’t align with actual speaker design theory.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #119 of 144
Read the entire thread. The owner of Tekton makes a lot of claims that he can’t support, then refuses to discuss them when challenged. Even the most ardent supporter of Tekton gives up by the end of the thread in his frustration with Erik.

People may like their speakers, but all of the manufacturer’s claims about design and uniqueness fall apart. With Tekton’s continued refusal to generate measurements, all we are left with is the owner’s unsubstantiated claims about design and performance, claims which don’t align with actual speaker design theory.

Ah, I see. That's understandable. I thought he meant there was something on that page in particular that was a deal-breaker.

The sound is what matters to me in the end. Naturally, measurements relate to that, but if the manufacturer doesn't accommodate that, owners can always measure them. (Hopefully after doing proper acoustic treatments and equalization, since otherwise, you'd be measuring too much of how the room affects the sound.)

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:58 PM Post #120 of 144
From an older version of the product page:

"The Ulfberht also implements musically compatible molecular-structured natural pulps and textiles that skilled musicians and audiophiles always discern as sounding vastly superior to the man-made elemental-based exotic components of our day."

Does anyone have insight on this statement?

What pulps and textiles are being referred to?

Can anyone confirm the materials in the drivers?

What about the last part of the statement? What evidence is there for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back