teflon coated silver plated copper wire
Apr 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

scottie4442

New Head-Fier
I am in the process of building 3 tube amps, MiniMax, Bijou, and SOHA II.  WHile I am gathering parts, I started looking for hookup wire, I have access to an industrial supply that sells wire (I teach IT at a 2 year college so we buy lots of Cat 5 and 6 cable).  They have the Belden 83006 equivalent wire, teflon coated silver plated copper.  Unfortunately I have to buy it in rolls of 100 ft each.  I can get the wire at really good prices, $.38 per foot.  I was wondering if anyone would like to go in on this, I would be willing to break the rolls down and mail then out to you.  You would pay for cost and mailing, I am not interested in making anything on this so just costs to me. There will be 5 rolls; black, red, green, orange, violet. I am keeping 10" of each, so there is 90' of each color available.  Let me know, PM me or post here, whatever and I will calculate who wants what, when it is gone it is gone though, I do not want to get into the parts selling business. 

May 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #4 of 4
That seems like a good deal but I think most people just buy from naviships on eBay. Plus the wire with Teflon is extremely stiff only really good for interconnects and lod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back