Teenage stupidity my ###, hang these bastards
Mar 28, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #76 of 97
IN MY OPINION...these little ****s should pay with their lives...whether that be in prison for life or execution. As far as I'm concerned, any human being that takes pleasure in harming or killing another human being does not have the capacity to be rehabilitated. They should be removed from society. Period.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #77 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your exasperation is forgiven, now please forgive me in return for letting you in on a little secret. I did not read any of your posts, nor will I. I truly don't care what your opinion is, nor ever will. See, I posted on this thread my own opinion, never once referencing your posts. You referenced mine, so I answered with my viewpoint. I could care less what you had previously addressed, as I did not read it, nor will I backtrack in the future. Do as you will henceforth.

Then I shall disregard your ability to argue.

Quote:

Eh, if someone has already forfeited their right to live, how could the executioner deny him the right he no longer possesses????

It's the act of choosing who gets to claim this forfeited life, or whether the life is forfeit to start with. But hey, you don't care at all, so I won't go into detail.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #78 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ask marados to step forward
rolleyes.gif

Btw, marados, if you ever been in North Philadelphia, I bet you'll be ****ting in your pants and begging to get you ticket back to NZ.

If it ever happens to you, your family or relative, I want to see if you still hold the same thinking
rolleyes.gif

You're assuming that nothing has happened to me or my relatives, which is an incorrect assumption to make.

I prefer logos over ethos - an appeal to reason is infinitely better than an appeal to emotion.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #79 of 97
marados, those are numbers that i've heard from a number of psych grad students, I used to play poker with 5-6 very bright psych phD students when i was in grad school

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #80 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I'm concerned, any human being that takes pleasure in harming or killing another human being does not have the capacity to be rehabilitated.

Well frankly, you're wrong, given the fact that (in America, at least), convicted murderers have, on average, a reoffense rate of 41%, which obviously isn't even a majority, let alone 100%.

@nysulli:

I'd be interested to see their sources, but sure, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Although was there sufficient evidence to link a 90% rate for reoffending murderers? The Department of Justice says otherwise (look at the link if you're curious as to the source)

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:20 PM Post #81 of 97
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marados /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then I shall disregard your ability to argue.

It's the act of choosing who gets to claim this forfeited life, or whether the life is forfeit to start with. But hey, you don't care at all, so I won't go into detail.

I'm devastated, my very life was dependent on your regard. I think I will go out and beat someone to death now...

The forfeiting of one's life is immediate upon the action. The state is the executioner. The actual hand is immaterial, but I personally would offer first crack to the victim's next of kin. This applies to attempted murder also, as I have never understood why the intention isn't the sole criteria in a crime. Our system awards the inability to complete the job. Never made an ounce of sense to me, but that is another argument entirely.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #82 of 97
Quote:

IN MY OPINION...these little ****s should pay with their lives...whether that be in prison for life or execution. As far as I'm concerned, any human being that takes pleasure in harming or killing another human being does not have the capacity to be rehabilitated. They should be removed from society. Period.

Sadly I agree. IMO a lot has to do with parents not stoping the child early in life. If the parents had taken a more proactive approach in disciplining their children many if not most of todays young criminals would not have reached the level they have.

Of course today goverment has meddle into family life where if a parent disciplines the child that child calls children services and many parents have been arrested for spanking a rebelius child. Yes there are extremes but I am not talking about the extremes but of the vast majority which would be the average parent out there.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #83 of 97
Quote:

Well frankly, you're wrong, given the fact that (in America, at least), convicted murderers have, on average, a reoffense rate of 41%, which obviously isn't even a majority, let alone 100%.

@nysulli:

I'd be interested to see their sources, but sure, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Although was there sufficient evidence to link a 90% rate for reoffending murderers? The Department of Justice says otherwise (look at the link if you're curious as to the source)

If you had read my post, I said that anyone who takes pleasure in killing another human being does not have the capacity for rehabilitation. Your post assumes that ALL convicted murderers in the US took pleasure in taking a life which is probably not even close to being true.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #84 of 97
Quote:

The forfeiting of one's life is immediate upon the action. The state is the executioner. The actual hand is immaterial, but I personally would offer first crack to the victim's next of kin. This applies to attempted murder also, as I have never understood why the intention isn't the sole criteria in a crime. Our system awards the inability to complete the job. Never made an ounce of sense to me, but that is another argument entirely.

Once again, who watches the watchmen.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:24 PM Post #85 of 97
Quote:

If you had read my post, I said that anyone who takes pleasure in killing another human being does not have the capacity for rehabilitation. Your post assumes that ALL convicted murderers in the US took pleasure in taking a life which is probably not even close to being true.

Only because you were implying that all murderers were incapable of rehabilitation.

So what exactly are you saying?
That all murderers are incapable of rehabilitation, or that only some of the murderers are incapable of rehabilitation, or that these specific murderers are incapable or rehabilitation, or a combination of these?

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #87 of 97
Quote:

Only because you were implying that all murderers were incapable of rehabilitation.

So what exactly are you saying?
That all murderers are incapable of rehabilitation, or that only some of the murderers are incapable of rehabilitation, or that these specific murderers are incapable or rehabilitation, or a combination of these?

I did no such thing. I clearly stated that anyone who takes pleasure in taking the life of another human being is not capable of being rehabilitated. I implied nothing! Let me spell it out for you. If a person enjoys murdering another person, that murderer is incapable of rehabilitation.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #88 of 97
Quote:

In reality, apparently nobody, .

And herein lies the problem. There's no real body which decides about the forfeit of a life, and whatnot - in an eye-for-an-eye society, someone who exerts equal justice is scarcely better than the criminals themselves.

And with that, and the advent of it being about 5:30 AM, I'm going to get some much-needed sleep.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #89 of 97
Quote:

I did no such thing. I clearly stated that anyone who takes pleasure in taking the life of another human being is not capable of being rehabilitated. I implied nothing! Let me spell it out for you. If a person enjoys murdering another person, that murderer is incapable of rehabilitation.

Ok, but seeing as you were saying this in reference to an incident, one assumes implication in context.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #90 of 97
Quote:

Ok, but seeing as you were saying this in reference to an incident, one assumes implication in context.

According to the article, "Sources told CBS 3 the 16-year-old suspect was without remorse as he apparently confessed to the attack." This kid took another life and shows no remorse. He probably even enjoyed it. If this is found to be the case, then this kid cannot be rehabilitated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back