Teclast X19HD (now available)
Nov 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #47 of 234
Now I am using Cube C30 and ICOO IX35, so both ST3770. I am very excited about Teclast X19HD, as it has HW BassBoost. Can someone tell me if the BassBoos can be turned off and if you can set gain in the menu? Thanks :) If so, I will buy one for me...

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #52 of 234

Quote:
just got mine.. and i must say from 4 year clip/clip+ with rockbox.. it is a welcomed changed.. i'm pretty much enjoying it..

Stop teasing us, please update us with pics.....................PLEASE.

Nov 15, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #53 of 234
I'm still burning it in.. 

Playing around with the settings -
High gain / mid volume - don't get the dynamics
High gain/ high volume - the sibliance gets alittle to spicy.
EQ is quite pathetic but i made it flat..

SRS/Bassboost effect sounds.. natural not too artifical and flat.
Clarity is better than Clip+ and leaning towards the more neutral side.

The low gain, no EQ, no bassboost with a C&C XO2 is quite nice though..
Its very clean and non grainy and i believe given some time it'll open up after some burning in.

this player has potential!

It edges out the clip+ in terms of power, I thought the Clip had loads of power, this little guy on high gain can really drive dynamics iems really well
you can immediately feel the extra juice with the dynamics it presents.
Sound character wise, it gave more depth (from the power) and also more texture (from a newer SOC DAC chip thingamajik ) with the added resolution.

Played Adele's album in flac and listened to it, and you can relax and get into the music.. something strangely the clip+ was lacking - clip+ was rather blend in a way.
To say that it is colored won't be accurate but to say that it's extremely neutral isn't correct.

I can't really put my finger on it cept that it just sounded good out of the box.
Allowed my friend to test some Kpop stuff on it, he was pleasantly suprized it can sound quite good.
Played some rave music too, and you get a good punch from the bass if you added the bass boost on it - tight can clean not bass farts.

UI wise I won't say it's the best but well for the price I'm not expecting much, in fact this is my throw around ultra portable rig for gym, commuting and general usage.
I pair it with my stock samsung IEM that came with my SGS2 - so I'm not really bothered if it spoils within a year.

Clip+ has the advantage of rockbox and a expandable memory slot but battery life isn't fantastic.
I'm wondering if this will give me a better battery life because I travel around quite a bit and do back packing, i don't have the luxury of lugging around a tiny novel.
I did a full charge at 10 pm.. and i'll keep it running till it goes flat.

This will fit well in my pocket for on the go listening and airplane rides..did i mention how small it is?
Just the size of 2 finger width..

All i can say it's cheap and it's worth the money - well for the price that you pay it's a bargain!
We tried a few Dunu on hand but what sounded best was with the C60II clip ons.. pretty good combo for just over $100 SGD

Nov 15, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #54 of 234

Quote:
I'm still burning it in.. 

Playing around with the settings -
High gain / mid volume - don't get the dynamics
High gain/ high volume - the sibliance gets alittle to spicy.
EQ is quite pathetic but i made it flat..

SRS/Bassboost effect sounds.. natural not too artifical and flat.
Clarity is better than Clip+ and leaning towards the more neutral side.

The low gain, no EQ, no bassboost with a C&C XO2 is quite nice though..
Its very clean and non grainy and i believe given some time it'll open up after some burning in.

this player has potential!

It edges out the clip+ in terms of power, I thought the Clip had loads of power, this little guy on high gain can really drive dynamics iems really well
you can immediately feel the extra juice with the dynamics it presents.
Sound character wise, it gave more depth (from the power) and also more texture (from a newer SOC DAC chip thingamajik ) with the added resolution.

Played Adele's album in flac and listened to it, and you can relax and get into the music.. something strangely the clip+ was lacking - clip+ was rather blend in a way.
To say that it is colored won't be accurate but to say that it's extremely neutral isn't correct.

I can't really put my finger on it cept that it just sounded good out of the box.
Allowed my friend to test some Kpop stuff on it, he was pleasantly suprized it can sound quite good.
Played some rave music too, and you get a good punch from the bass if you added the bass boost on it - tight can clean not bass farts.

UI wise I won't say it's the best but well for the price I'm not expecting much, in fact this is my throw around ultra portable rig for gym, commuting and general usage.
I pair it with my stock samsung IEM that came with my SGS2 - so I'm not really bothered if it spoils within a year.

Clip+ has the advantage of rockbox and a expandable memory slot but battery life isn't fantastic.
I'm wondering if this will give me a better battery life because I travel around quite a bit and do back packing, i don't have the luxury of lugging around a tiny novel.
I did a full charge at 10 pm.. and i'll keep it running till it goes flat.

This will fit well in my pocket for on the go listening and airplane rides..did i mention how small it is?
Just the size of 2 finger width..

All i can say it's cheap and it's worth the money - well for the price that you pay it's a bargain!
We tried a few Dunu on hand but what sounded best was with the C60II clip ons.. pretty good combo for just over $100 SGD

You are the man
bigsmile_face.gif
. thank you for the update.

Nov 17, 2011 at 2:27 AM Post #55 of 234
Quote:

Great things to know about the player. Those phones interest me though. If I'm correct there dual driver dynamic clip-ons that retail in singapore for $55 SGD right? That's around $40 usd. I'd normally be wary, but there made by Dunu which makes reputable iem's (going from ljorkerl reviews). Where can I find more information on them?

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:40 AM Post #56 of 234
On DUNU site, in Sponsor announcement or Portable headphones, earphones  sections.

Nov 17, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #57 of 234
what do you want to know about them?
They're not many in the wild and there is not much luv from the western markets.

But they make good quality products for the price it is sold.
I won't say stellar but either way it is worth the money paid.

Nov 25, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #58 of 234

Okay so I finally received it from ownta.com, took long enough from HK to Australia...?

The packaging was not very good the box was a bit crushed, would not look good in an unboxing video on youtube... and THEY SENT ME THE WRONG ONE, they sent me the X19+ 4GB, I am not happy, I don't even feel like listening to it, idiota!!

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #59 of 234

Quote:

Okay so I finally received it from ownta.com, took long enough from HK to Australia...?

The packaging was not very good the box was a bit crushed, would not look good in an unboxing video on youtube... and THEY SENT ME THE WRONG ONE, they sent me the X19+ 4GB, I am not happy, I don't even feel like listening to it, idiota!!

Really sorry to read this.

Nov 25, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #60 of 234

OK I sent them an email with a picture of the X19+, let's see what their next move is.

The only thing I'm happy about is the showbag of goodies which included a purple cylindrical portable USB charger and a free black pouch that feels a bit like suede and fits the T51 like a glove!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back