Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Feb 1, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #1,024 of 9,810
Underworld - Dark and Long

I've probably been to see Underworld live more than any other act over the years. I much prefer their early stuff like this though - the JBO era of the 90s, when Emerson was producing... Dubnobass, Second Toughest, Beaucoup Fish. I think they really lost something when he quit in 2000.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #1,025 of 9,810
https://mord.bandcamp.com/album/when-you-are-not-at-home
when-you-are-not-at-home

Feb 3, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #1,034 of 9,810
dropbassnotbomb seemed to imply that the tracks posted weren't entirely within the remits of this thread, I disagreed.
I might have misunderstood, as I often do, but in either case there's no real issue.

OK, thanks. I will admit I am not well versed on the categories of electronic music. Sorry if I post anything not appropriate. I don't like the other thread that is called electronic but is really about pop music.

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #1,035 of 9,810
OK, thanks. I will admit I am not well versed on the categories of electronic music. Sorry if I post anything not appropriate. I don't like the other thread that is called electronic but is really about pop music.

I don't think we're too sure on that either, it pops up as a discussion from time to time. On the whole we're trying to be the left field to that other behemoths main stream.
In general that tends to mean more rhythm and dissonance and less melody and consonance, but there are no strict rules, and for what it's worth I think you've hit well so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back