Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Mar 25, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #1,311 of 9,972
This mix has seriously been doing it for me lately: https://soundcloud.com/bradmoontribe/may-2016-fmg-brad-moontribe

I love me some desert techno.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #1,312 of 9,972
  This mix has seriously been doing it for me lately: https://soundcloud.com/bradmoontribe/may-2016-fmg-brad-moontribe

I love me some desert techno.

Anyone else hear little bubble popping/Rice Krispy crackling sounds all throughout this mix? They are all around in surround sound (in both ears moving around). I know I sound like I'm on drugs, but it's there (take a listen & see). It's definitely not a click track. For example, try it out at 11:30 and you'll hear it.

It's not my computer or headphones - it's in the mix. I think it's artifacts introduced in the recording input process (or his mixer's output). But whatever it is, it's very distracting in what is otherwise a great DJ set.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #1,313 of 9,972
Strange... I haven't heard anything like that and I've listened to it a number of times the last bunch of days.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #1,314 of 9,972
Did you go to 11:30? It's sprinkled all throughout, but it's crazy at 11:30ish. They're like little "ticks", but not in time with the music.

** Update: OK, I went back and listened carefully - the sounds start somewhere around 8min and seem to stop around 13min. Man, I'm going to see edit that mix in Acid Pro or Sound Forge and see if I can isolate those sounds & get rid of them.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #1,315 of 9,972
I think I'm hearing what you're talking about, but its hard for me to tell if its in the music or not... it could very well be my source though. I've been listening to a downloaded version off my phone for the most part. Now that I'm listening to it with my better headphones from my computer (with a DAC) I'm hearing something, but to my ears its not enough to be too distracting.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #1,316 of 9,972
Let me know if you manage to do that. It could very well be the mixer used. The equipment it was recorded on gets a certain amount of abuse since its regularly used out in a pretty dusty environment. Desert renegades ya know... 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #1,317 of 9,972
The headphones I happened to have on at the time are ultra sensitive on micro details. I just switched to my generic "everyday walking around" cans and the Rice Krispy sounds aren't that apparent.

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #1,318 of 9,972
  The headphones I happened to have on at the time are ultra sensitive on micro details. I just switched to my generic "everyday walking around" cans and the Rice Krispy sounds aren't that apparent.

Ah thats likely why I can't hear it. The best pair of headphones I have is a pair of Sonorous III's. Still though, one of my favorite recent mixes!

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #1,319 of 9,972
  Let me know if you manage to do that. It could very well be the mixer used. The equipment it was recorded on gets a certain amount of abuse since its regularly used out in a pretty dusty environment. Desert renegades ya know... 
tongue_smile.gif

So this set was actually done outside in the open desert environment (dirt, sand, etc)? When I DJd, my gear only saw the inside of an air-conditioned night club. It would get gunked up with plenty of dust bunnies & cigarette tar though LOL

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #1,320 of 9,972
Yup, this was a set from a full moon desert party last May. As far as I know they share all the mixers and whatnot. I wasn't there myself, but my close friend was and said it was probably the best set he's heard in the last 8 years. Unfortunately this is only 1 hour of the full 4 hour set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back