Techno, Electro & Underground Beats
Nov 2, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #2,057 of 9,820
Here is a playlist of which are to me the most memorable 10 electronic music songs from the last 4 years (with a couple from earlier). Check this one for electro, indie electronic, ambient, house, breakcore, synthpop, IDM and downtempo

Click for all-in-one Youtube Playlist

These Hidden Hands - When Told
Toro Y Moi - Still Sound
Dick Hyman - Alfie (this one's from the 60's)
Arthur Oskan - Greenwich Village
The Flashbulb - Maybe All This Time I Was Wrong
Squarepusher as Shobaleader One - Into the Blue
Peggy Gou - Maktoop
Feliks Kubin - Atomium Vertigo
Helado Negro - Lengua Larga
Petit Prince - Demi Tour

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #2,062 of 9,820

Excellent. I've been hooked on Ben Frost's stuff since I heard By the Throat when that came out - always brilliant sound design. Saw him live a couple of years ago, at the ROH of all places, for an operatic version of The Wasp Factory. I'm not an opera fan (at all!), but I knew he was doing the 'music', so it was worth going along. He did a Q&A after the performance too and seemed like a sound fella.

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #2,066 of 9,820
Excellent. I've been hooked on Ben Frost's stuff since I heard By the Throat when that came out - always brilliant sound design. Saw him live a couple of years ago, at the ROH of all places, for an operatic version of The Wasp Factory. I'm not an opera fan (at all!), but I knew he was doing the 'music', so it was worth going along. He did a Q&A after the performance too and seemed like a sound fella.

^^V talented guy. His soundscape and visual reminded me of a beautiful, yet profound and haunting film I watched earlier this year at the Barbican: Richard Mosses, Incoming.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back