Technics RP-DJ1200A Vs. Beyer Dt-250-80 for DJ use
Jul 31, 2002 at 8:03 PM Post #16 of 32
I totally agree with Guyferd: between the DT250-80 and the HD 280, the DT250 is the clear winner IMO. Better sound, more comfortable, better looking
wink.gif
On the other hand, the HD 280 have a bit more isolation, and fold.

Jul 31, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by Guyferd
...for just 30-40 dollar more than senn hd280 pro you get beyer...

Just wanted to mention that as far as I know, in the US, the Beyers are more like double the cost of the Senns. If anyone knows where to get the Beyers for $30 more than the Senns, hook me up like a tow truck!

Jul 31, 2002 at 9:50 PM Post #18 of 32
I don't think you can go wrong with the beyers. In Canada I bought them for what worked out to be about $140 U.S.

Biggie.

Jul 31, 2002 at 9:57 PM Post #19 of 32
Hey DJ A-Tone!

Just a question:

I'm thinking to buy the hd280. Do you like how the sound? Do they isolate good?
Why you don't want them? Just because of there looking?? Or have they other disadvantages?

Would you recommend them for DJ - use? (except of thier looking?)

DJ Pauli

Jul 31, 2002 at 10:21 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by starch
Just wanted to mention that as far as I know, in the US, the Beyers are more like double the cost of the Senns. If anyone knows where to get the Beyers for $30 more than the Senns, hook me up like a tow truck!

I kind of wondered at that, too
wink.gif
I've seen the DT250 for around $150 on sale, but that's the best price I've seen. That said, I still agree with Guyferd that they're worth the extra moolah over the HD 280. My only problem with them is that they don't fit my head right
frown.gif
which is why my pair is up for sale in the FS forum.

Jul 31, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #21 of 32
I'm really confused about this "looks" problem. From looking at high-rez pictures of the 280, I don't see what is so offensive about their looks. Do they look worse in real life?

Isn't it more important to make good sounds than it is to look 'cool', a headphone and DJ make sound, right? (I have never heard the 280s, but I'm interested in buying them)

Jul 31, 2002 at 11:42 PM Post #22 of 32
It's not that they look bad, they just look kind of strange on your head, because the headband is straight and wide, rather than hemispherical, if that makes sense. It's the amount of space between your head and the sides of the headband that looks odd. Just look at headroom's large front image. I can't say that I like the look of those flashy silver cans with the the manufacturer's name across the headband in gargantuan type any better though. I think eggos look pretty good, and I really do like the retro look of Grados.

Aug 1, 2002 at 2:19 AM Post #23 of 32
Yea they dont really look bad but when you put them on, id say they stick out off your hear about an 2 inches almost, it doesnt look stylish at all. Especially for DJ gigs.

Also DjPauli said

Do you like how the sound? Do they isolate good?
Why you don't want them? Just because of there looking?? Or have they other disadvantages?

Would you recommend them for DJ - use? (except of thier looking?)

they do isolate really well, i can hardly hear my speakers i only feel the ground shake when im mixing, but they are very bright in the highs and lack the bass I want. If they were more warm with more bass theyd be perfect. However they are very precise on the beats witch makes matching easier but to me it just doesnt sound right. When ever i put on my denon 750's after listening to the hd-280s i think to myself.. "Yeah....." waht a relif. Just because they sound much warmer and have more bass. I only wish they would isolate
smily_headphones1.gif
but umm its really up to what you like. Personally i would not reccomend them. However I hear good stuff about the Beyer DT-250's from everyone for dj's, Also the Sennheiser HD-25's. I wanna get a pair of HD-25's
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2002 at 2:59 AM Post #25 of 32
Headroom says the hd-25 are "good, but too pricey". Maybe if you could find them on sale... otherwise go with the beyers. :p

Biggie.

Aug 1, 2002 at 10:22 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by starch

well.. here in singapore( sin dollar is about 1/2 us dollar), I can get Hd280 pro for about 220 sin dollar(abt 100 us dollar) and beyer for 260 dollar(calculate yourself..
smily_headphones1.gif
)

so.. tell me.. would you mind to pay extra 40 dollar for the better ones? :p thats what in my though when I decided between the hd280 pro and beyer dt(long ago be4 I bought the beyer).

ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back