Technics RP-DJ1200A Vs. Beyer Dt-250-80 for DJ use
Jul 30, 2002 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Dj A-Tone

New Head-Fier
What do you guys think? Wich would be better for djing. The Technics RP-DJ1200A or the Beyer DT-250-80? Cuz I wanna give back my crappy sounding (and looking) Hd-280's and get some nice phones like these. Of these two isolated phones wich one sounds better?

Jul 30, 2002 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 32
i had the technics cans for awhile. they have really big bass and isolate quite well. other than that, i thought they were realtively uncomfortable. the headband was really heavy so they kept slipping off when i moved to much and the sound was't very good. it was ok but not good enough. i sold them after about two weeks. i have pretty much only heard good things about the beyers. i don't know how well they are set up (physically) for djing though.

Jul 31, 2002 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 32
the beyers dont have as good as isolation, nor do they swivel, and they look "crappy". the senns are much better for djing, I think. dont dis the 280 pro. that was just silly.

Jul 31, 2002 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 32
Dj A-Tone,

I don't know how you can beatmatch with all that severely over-exaggerated, really boomy, waaaaaayyyy out-of-control bass (especially mid-bass). If the HD280 doesn't work for you, then the next best headphones for beatmatching is *choke, choke* also from Sennheiser: the expensive HD25! Don't even bother screwing around with those so-called "DJ" headphones from Technics, Sony, Stanton, Pioneer et al - most have a sound that's overly echoey and tinny, which actually works AGAINST beatmatching (as if the over-exaggerated uncontrolled sloppy bass isn't enough to screw up your DJing skills).

Sorry about the F-word.

Jul 31, 2002 at 2:47 AM Post #6 of 32
haha the sennheiser hd-280 pro looks soo stupid and geekey. There is no way im gonna wear those to my gigs. On top of that i Do agree with you that all these stanton, technics and all that **** really are bullox. Boomy bass does suck ****, when beatmixing it can cause it to go pete tong (if you know what i mean). I would love to try out the hd-25. How are they in terms of isolation? Im willing to pay a bit more for quality.

Jul 31, 2002 at 3:00 AM Post #8 of 32
Dj A-Tone,

The HD-25 has a cord on only one side of the 'phones, and its more efficient (in fact, one of the most efficient headphones on the market - screw around with your volume-control settings with the HD-25's on, and your ears will be left ringing for a while because the HD-25's are too loud!) - and it offers good but not great sound quality (it's a bit bass-heavy, but nowhere near as boomy as the typical so-called "DJ" headphone). The HD-25SP is the cheaper version of the HD-25, not as good-sounding (a bit boomy and muddy, but you can do worse), not as efficient, and not as convenient to use for DJing (its cord is attached to both earpieces).

Jul 31, 2002 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver

Sorry about the F-word.

What happened to the
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
's you used to use. It's alot more elegant.

Jul 31, 2002 at 3:21 AM Post #11 of 32
How about a pair of Beyerdynamic dt770-250's? I assume your mixer or whatever deck you use should be able to power these pretty well if my receiver can. Although, their not for people with big heads and the coilded cord is way too short, they offer good isolation and heaps of excellent bass response, as well as good mids and a crystal clear top end.

Jul 31, 2002 at 4:54 AM Post #12 of 32
gloco, as I recall the original poster couldn't get the Sennheiser HD280 Pros loud enough. So the Beyerdynamic DT770-250's are out of the question; they would be even quieter than the 280's.

And some mixers specifically call for extremely low impedance (less than 30 ohms) headphones.

Jul 31, 2002 at 10:48 AM Post #14 of 32
One wise advice:
get the beyer dt250-80
why? simply because:
- they are better sounding can than the senn hd280pro
-ugly? nope... although the cord is a bit big.. but the senn do look as dummy..( ifeel the beyer is quite alright looking)
- bass? well.. deep and refined
-isolation? while maynot be as good as senn hd280 pro.. but still offers adequate isolation.
-comfort? better than senn hd 280 pro.. all of my friends who tested the phone says so.. even my friend who own the audiotechnica ad7 which is already comfortable!

what else? for just 30-40 dollar more than senn hd280 pro you get beyer which is to me is more natural sounding(although abit dark.. more neutral too), senn is just too bright for me and requires lots of burn in(some ppl just do not give em sufficient and therefore discarded em)

thanks, go for beyer dt250-80, no regret! trust me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back