Technics Premium Stereo Earphones EAH-TZ700
Sep 1, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #91 of 219
Hello, I'm very interested in the TZ700. I want to add a more neutral IEM beside my Xelentos, because of their lean-back mids.
Does any owner of TZ700 know if it's possible to clean the port grids? This is one great feature of my Xelentos.

Sep 1, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #92 of 219
Hello, I'm very interested in the TZ700. I want to add a more neutral IEM beside my Xelentos, because of their lean-back mids.
Does any owner of TZ700 know if it's possible to clean the port grids? This is one great feature of my Xelentos.
If you mean, taking off the grills like the Xelento, I don’t think you can. But you can reach the outer grill (if you remove the tip obviously) so that shouldn’t be an issue?

Nov 22, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #94 of 219
Hi,

I am thinking of setting up a second portable setup with the TZ700 and I had a lot of questions :ksc75smile:

How does the TZ700 compares to the Etymotic ER4SR? In terms of sound I hope it's better because there is a big price difference but in terms of comfort? What I liked with the Etymotic is that you can wear them very easily compared to CIEM.
I have a small ear canal and they were comfortable with the tri-flange.
Does the TZ700 benefits from other ear tips like Azla of Spinfit? I use to wear SS in Azla size so I'm a bit concerned that the provided ear tips are too big for me.
The fact that I can easily put and remove the TZ700 is really a key point for me.

I was thinking to connect the TZ700 to a Sony ZX507. Did anyone tried this combo?
And which MMCX to 4.4mm would you advice to work with this combo? Something light and straight as I don't want to have a cable over the ear.

Thank you for your help!

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:13 PM Post #95 of 219
I think these ruined me on the rest of my high-end iems. I'm seriously considering selling both my Audeze LCDi4 and Shure KSE 1200s because to my ears, and with my gear, these have the strengths of both without the drawbacks of either. I know this is a shot in the dark, but does anybody know of a full size open back headphone that has a similar sound?

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #96 of 219
Haha I completely understand what you are saying! :beyersmile: I have pulled the trigger and bought the TZ700 that I connect to a ZX507 with a PW 1960s cable and they are really incredible! And even if I have higher end IEM, they are getting more and more listening time. I use Azla Xelastec ear tips and they are perfect (tried Moondrop Spring ear tips and even if they are very confortable sound is not as good).
What I also really like with the TZ700 is the little "dot" on the left earphone that lets you know which is left and which is right when you put them on when no light (bedtime) :ksc75smile:

TZ700.png

Feb 26, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #98 of 219
It seems this IEM has lots going for it, especially in terms of what I'm looking for.

Now, I will not likely change the cable(s) for different reasons I won't get into and which leads me to my question to current and previous owners:

- How bad are the cable microphonic? Are we talking about a potential deal-breaker?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Feb 26, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #99 of 219
- How bad are the cable microphonic? Are we talking about a potential deal-breaker?

They're pretty bad IMO, unless you use them sitting relatively still. The good news is that you can get a replacement cable that will not have any impact on sound quality for less than $20. I know this goes against the conventional wisdom among many audiophiles, but headphones for earphones like this really don't make a difference at all as long as they are not utter rubbish (in which case at worst you'll get bad connectors or bad connections after a short period of time). Cables for these purposes should be seen as disposable goods. With a cheap replacement cable that has less microphonics you'll still get all the advantages that these earphones offer.

Feb 26, 2022 at 4:25 PM Post #100 of 219
They're pretty bad IMO, unless you use them sitting relatively still. The good news is that you can get a replacement cable that will not have any impact on sound quality for less than $20. I know this goes against the conventional wisdom among many audiophiles, but headphones for earphones like this really don't make a difference at all as long as they are not utter rubbish (in which case at worst you'll get bad connectors or bad connections after a short period of time). Cables for these purposes should be seen as disposable goods. With a cheap replacement cable that has less microphonics you'll still get all the advantages that these earphones offer.

Thanks.

Another quick one: are they well vented or do they push a lot of pressure down the ear canal?

The reason I ask is because I could only see a tiny vent at the bottom.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #101 of 219
I‘ve done it!
After listen to the TZ700 very intensely in a local store I chose to buy them and sell my Xelento.
I stay on Xelento tips because they are awesome. Also with TZ700, I get more open stage. These tips are crazy.
I made a few comparison listening sessions between both of them and there is more clarity/ highs on the Technics. Furthermore you got cleaner bass. Xelento a little undefined upper bass.
BUT: the bass on TZ700 is sometimes very heavy, which agrees with some frequency measurements I found out there in the web.
For some modern pop productions I have to acclimate with this heavy bass fundament, when I switch over from my Studio Headphones (Austrian Audio Hi-X60, also awesome!)
But for other productions, for example Jazz tracks it’s again very defined bass, so I think heavy bass is only there if it’s on the mix. Sometimes a little too much. But sometimes just right …
Fat HipHop tracks like „Get Low“ from Lil Jon never sounded that awesome to me like with these IEMs!

Mar 12, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #103 of 219
Mar 13, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #104 of 219
These are so insanely light that you don't need to wear them over-the-ear for them to be secure, they will just hang in there even if you work out while wearing them. Even if you do aerobic exercise with a lot of jumping around, I think they'll stay in.

As to the quantity of sound isolation, others can probably comment better on that in comparison to other IEMs, but I'd say the isolation is good.

do you think that those are better for workout than semi custom iem like Fiio FA9?

I dont know what route to take for the best fit, very light iems or 3d printed style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back