Technics Premium Stereo Earphones EAH-TZ700
Apr 28, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #76 of 219
Very interested in these. Can anyone kindly tell me if they've compared them to the JVC FW10000? And if so, if you can provide impressions on which is the most resolving with better technical aspects - especially imaging and detail - I'd be grateful.
Cheers.

I have both and to me it is clear that the FW10000 is a superior IEM in all the technical aspects. But this one is superior in comfort and ease of wear, while also providing a premium level of audio quality. It is also lower cost (though take into account you'll want replacement cables that don't have the microphonics issue of the stock cables, but also light enough to preserve the comfort advantages).

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #77 of 219
I have both and to me it is clear that the FW10000 is a superior IEM in all the technical aspects. But this one is superior in comfort and ease of wear, while also providing a premium level of audio quality. It is also lower cost (though take into account you'll want replacement cables that don't have the microphonics issue of the stock cables, but also light enough to preserve the comfort advantages).
Thank you, immensely helpful.

Would you also be good enough to give a brief impression of the overall sound signature between them?

Did you stick with the stock Fw10000 cable as your default cable? I understand it's quite good.

Apr 28, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #78 of 219
Thank you, immensely helpful.

Would you also be good enough to give a brief impression of the overall sound signature between them?

Did you stick with the stock Fw10000 cable as your default cable? I understand it's quite good.

I'm not good at describing sound signatures, but overall I'd say the FW10k sound feels more realistic both voice and traditional instruments, as if listening to music live in a small avenue close to the singer and musicians, while the Technics sound more like being inside a really good surround system room or concert stage.

The FW10k stock cables have no problems, but I needed balanced connection so I use Sony kimber cables instead.

May 13, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #80 of 219
Received a pair of these the other day. They are EXCEPTIONAL. Build quality, comfort, and of course, sound! Really love the low end on these. Unlike some of my other gear, they don't need any EQ correction to sound their best. I think there should be a lot more hype around these...

May 14, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #81 of 219
Received a pair of these the other day. They are EXCEPTIONAL. Build quality, comfort, and of course, sound! Really love the low end on these. Unlike some of my other gear, they don't need any EQ correction to sound their best. I think there should be a lot more hype around these...
Good to hear. It'll be interesting to see how these compare against the Sennheiser IE900, since they retail at the same price and look to have a similar FR.

May 14, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #82 of 219
This is kind of a weird comparison because of the price, but has anyone heard these and the JVC HA-FDX1 together? I want to know how much of an improvement these Technics are, considering they use a similar size dynamic driver as the JVC.

May 18, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #84 of 219
May 23, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #85 of 219
Hey folks nice see at least some one talking about the technics, I wish there was a data base only for dynamic driver iems, I dunno why but I feel like there is so much you can do with a good dynamic driver when tuned well instead of ba and hybrid and trybrid where I can easily tell they are multi driver. As well as that there is so much research into new drivers its an exciting time. I just wanted to know how the technics compared to the re2000 and dita iems xls, dream if anyone has them. Thinking of getting the fw10k or the ie900 not sure which to go for.

May 23, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #86 of 219
Hey folks nice see at least some one talking about the technics, I wish there was a data base only for dynamic driver iems, I dunno why but I feel like there is so much you can do with a good dynamic driver when tuned well instead of ba and hybrid and trybrid where I can easily tell they are multi driver. As well as that there is so much research into new drivers its an exciting time. I just wanted to know how the technics compared to the re2000 and dita iems xls, dream if anyone has them. Thinking of getting the fw10k or the ie900 not sure which to go for.

rough, I suppose you can take a trip to Japan and Demo them. :smile:

May 23, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #87 of 219
I had the FW10K and have the IE900 on the way. I was very impressed with the FW10K - especially with a Brise Audio cable upgrade - but the fit didn't work for me. High hopes for the IE900, but let's see if hype = reality. Still keen to try the Technics and probably will. I'm a sucker for single DD IEMs, especially the Japanese variant.

May 23, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #88 of 219
Thanks for the feedback yea with the pandemic doubt I will get to go see japan in the next 2 to 3 years time. Had so many plans all ruined but you have make due with what you have and pray things get better for everyone. I had the drop jvc hafd01 and the re2000 for a little bit. Was also eyeing the final a8000 but heard its a little bright. I liked the re2000 it gave me hope that dynamic drivers were coming back but then with weird fit and listening to it regularly againt my fitear togo 334 I realised the re2000 was weirdly unnatural and I prefered a little thickness , emotion and warmth and the re2000 did not really provide that but it was still a decent dynamic driver just very overpriced at 2k. Only three dynamic drivers that have actually made go wow at their price was the moondrop starfield, etymotic er 2xr and jvc fdha01 drop. Each had a unique soud to them and obviously weird fit issues especially the etmoytics which were just too painful in the long run and small soundstage were the biggest issues otherwise they were great dynamic driver iems. Only wish etymotic made iems which had the starfield design and a little more clarity and soundstage after which I would retire from the iem game. Hoping the ie900 is good atleast it seems to have the comfort down to a T.

May 23, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #89 of 219
I’m really tempted to get these (the TZ700), but I don’t think they should be $1200. I would absolutely try it for like $800 or so, I just find it hard to justify an IEM above $1,000 in general. But if it clearly outperforms my FDX1 plus a better fit, I’ll consider it.

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #90 of 219
I’m really tempted to get these (the TZ700), but I don’t think they should be $1200. I would absolutely try it for like $800 or so, I just find it hard to justify an IEM above $1,000 in general. But if it clearly outperforms my FDX1 plus a better fit, I’ll consider it.
I have extremely small ears which leads me to experience discomfort on a lot of universal IEM’s. I have since moved to customs but I can say Technics EAH-Tz700 are absolutely amazing comfort wise! I also love the sound of these buds but that’s subjective I guess :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back