Technics EAH-AZ80 True Wireless Earbuds
Feb 19, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #227 of 265
My Sedna tips just arrived, significantly SQ improve over default tips.
I have been using the Azla SednaEarFit Max tips. Been very happy with them so far. The medium stock tips were slightly too small and the large were just too big and uncomfortable for me. The medium Azlas fit me perfectly. I use Azla tips on other TWS and IEMs as well and they have become one of my favorites.

Mar 15, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #228 of 265
Hi all, I just got the AZ80s after getting a refund for the Sennheiser TW3 which had been replaced twice and still had issues with them. At least I'm glad that I found a worthy upgrade in the Technics.
It's still the first day I'm trying them out, but I'm very happy so far, even though I get mixed results from their call quality so far, I might have to adjust something other than JustMyVoice feature.
After completing their fit test, the result suggested the S1 size tips, and indeed it was correct! I decided to try the S2 and while it sucks that you can't compare these two in the built-in fit test, I feel that using the S2 provide better sound for my ears. While the jury is still out though, gonna switch between them to find the better one.
Regarding aftermarket tips, I still have some SpinFit CP1025 and CP360 somewhere in my country house, is it worth looking for them when I get there or should I get something else? Are the Azla SednaEarFit the "recommended" tips overall? I got kinda confused reading the thread about which variant would be the most suitable. Lastly, are the sizes "universal", meaning that the S1 that came with the buds will be the "same" as the aftermarket Small Size?

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #229 of 265

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 12.01.30.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 12.01.30.png
    618.5 KB · Views: 0
Mar 15, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #230 of 265
Hi all, I just got the AZ80s after getting a refund for the Sennheiser TW3 which had been replaced twice and still had issues with them. At least I'm glad that I found a worthy upgrade in the Technics.
It's still the first day I'm trying them out, but I'm very happy so far, even though I get mixed results from their call quality so far, I might have to adjust something other than JustMyVoice feature.
After completing their fit test, the result suggested the S1 size tips, and indeed it was correct! I decided to try the S2 and while it sucks that you can't compare these two in the built-in fit test, I feel that using the S2 provide better sound for my ears. While the jury is still out though, gonna switch between them to find the better one.
Regarding aftermarket tips, I still have some SpinFit CP1025 and CP360 somewhere in my country house, is it worth looking for them when I get there or should I get something else? Are the Azla SednaEarFit the "recommended" tips overall? I got kinda confused reading the thread about which variant would be the most suitable. Lastly, are the sizes "universal", meaning that the S1 that came with the buds will be the "same" as the aftermarket Small Size?
I'd like to know too. I returned the CP1025...I had the hardest time putting on the nozzles of both AZ80 and MTW4. To me there was not a noticeable difference in sound or isolation. I just tried Comply TW~400, medium and returned. Uncomfortable and no decrease in noise. If I could get the 80s to be as quiet as the MTW4s that be perfect. I have the AZLA SednaEarfit Crystal and Max coming and will try those.

I'm using the stock tips on the 80 which was on them. I'm looking for more noise isolating tips which, of course, will not reduce sound quality.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #231 of 265
Just got these about a week ago.

Things I like about them from the perspective of someone who owned the MTW3 & MTW2:
- They are extremely well tuned. I was impressed by the sound right away. I wouldn't say they sound "better" than the MTW3, but I feel they sound more clear. And they have a lot more bass than the MTW3.
- The bass really is quite heavy, but it can easily be EQ'd to reasonable levels.
- The earphones respond really well to EQing.
- They seem to be a bit more comfortable than the MTW3 for my ears. But I wouldn't say the comfort is perfect. That being said I never owned a pair of earphones that fit me perfectly.
- The connection is very stable (LDAC). I haven't had any trouble with connectivity. The same can be said about pairing, it's all very quick.

Now on to one huge drawback that everyone needs to be aware of.

If you like to listen to old songs that were produced before the year ~2000 you're going to find these just don't get loud enough.

For any modern music this is not a problem at all, they get plenty loud. Most music these days is mastered in a way that the music is already loud.

But for example when listening to music from the 1990s I find these don't get loud enough even at max volume. This is really disappointing because a huge portion of my library cannot really be enjoyed with these. It's like it's missing just 10% to 20% more volume to make it really enjoyable.

Maybe Technics could come up with some software solution like an in-app volume boost. I've tried some volume booster apps on Android but they all sound terrible. If someone has suggestions here I'm all ears.

I still love these for listening to modern music. And if Technics come up with a new version next year that get louder it will be an instant purchase for me.

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:51 AM Post #232 of 265

Things I like about them from the perspective of someone who owned the MTW3 & MTW2:
- They are extremely well tuned. I was impressed by the sound right away. I wouldn't say they sound "better" than the MTW3, but I feel they sound more clear. And they have a lot more bass than the MTW3.
- The bass really is quite heavy, but it can easily be EQ'd to reasonable levels.
- They seem to be a bit more comfortable than the MTW3 for my ears. But I wouldn't say the comfort is perfect. That being said I never owned a pair of earphones that fit me perfectly.
- The connection is very stable (LDAC). I haven't had any trouble with connectivity. The same can be said about pairing, it's all very quick.

If you like to listen to old songs that were produced before the year ~2000 you're going to find these just don't get loud enough.

For any modern music this is not a problem at all, they get plenty loud. Most music these days is mastered in a way that the music is already loud.

But for example when listening to music from the 1990s I find these don't get loud enough even at max volume. This is really disappointing because a huge portion of my library cannot really be enjoyed with these. It's like it's missing just 10% to 20% more volume to make it really enjoyable.

Maybe Technics could come up with some software solution like an in-app volume boost. I've tried some volume booster apps on Android but they all sound terrible. If someone has suggestions here I'm all ears.

I still love these for listening to modern music. And if Technics come up with a new version next year that get louder it will be an instant purchase for me.
To increase the volume, try wavelet by adjusting the limiter parameters. You can also use the app for other settings. For me it's really good 😉

Mar 16, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #234 of 265

Well for me comming from the Sony xm4s, (not the xm5s as there not as bass heavy apparently)the az80s lacks in a lot of bass as the xm4's are twice as bass heavy and with more detail too. The only advantage the az80's has over the xm4 is how they fit in the ears as these are the first buds Ive own that stayed in,,, and how easy they are to take out of the case.

Mar 17, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #235 of 265
Thanks, it's not too bad!
These are still really finicky even with wavelet limiter. I can maybe get a 1db boost before in some songs I start to hear distortion. I don't understand why the headroom is so low on the technics earbuds. I had the same issue with the az60, but worse, so I figured I'd try these. These are just a bit better.

I haven't even tried to listen to my '90s grunge with the az80 so I'll do that very shortly to see if I'll return them.

Mar 18, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #236 of 265
These are still really finicky even with wavelet limiter. I can maybe get a 1db boost before in some songs I start to hear distortion. I don't understand why the headroom is so low on the technics earbuds. I had the same issue with the az60, but worse, so I figured I'd try these. These are just a bit better.

I haven't even tried to listen to my '90s grunge with the az80 so I'll do that very shortly to see if I'll return them.
Out of interest which songs have you noticed have low volume? I've never experienced this issue.

Mar 26, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #240 of 265

Users who are viewing this thread

Back