Technics EAH-AZ80 True Wireless Earbuds
Aug 18, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #31 of 266
How many of these three, Sony, M3, AZ80 you have actually tried?
I think Sony and AZ80 makes much more sense if your phone supports LDAC, otherwise it's just a waste.
I've got the new Sony's and the MTW3. I like the MTW3 better, but you do have to personalize them to get great sound. Looking forward to trying the AZ80. But not sure I will like them. The guy who did the video posted above of the AZ80 vs Sony's said he likes the Sony's better and he said in another video he liked the MTW3 better than the Sony's so we will see

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #32 of 266
  • The stock tuning is still too bass heavy and the highs are a tad muted- this is very fixable with the EQ in the app though

While the stock bass setting isn't as bloated at the AZ60 it is just way too much for as discerning listeners. Even with the bass dropped all the way down it is still elevated but combined with a little increase in the upper mids and highs this really balances and opens up the sound. It is impressively dynamic for a consumer TWS ear bud.
Stock tuning is too bass heavy, muddying up midrange. Almost wrote those off but tried Treble+ preset and Voila, perfect balance of bass, midrange, and proper non muffled treble, no bloat, great dynamics and fast response even on busy heavy metal tracks. Quite amazed by the transformation to be honest. Definitely something to try out if you haven't yet.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #33 of 266
Stock tuning is too bass heavy, muddying up midrange. Almost wrote those off but tried Treble+ preset and Voila, perfect balance of bass, midrange, and proper non muffled treble, no bloat, great dynamics and fast response even on busy heavy metal tracks. Quite amazed by the transformation to be honest. Definitely something to try out if you haven't yet.
Check out my custom EQ settings I posted earlier in this thread. I actually wish I could lower the bass even more but I am very pleased with their performance with these settings.

Aug 22, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #34 of 266
Last edited:
Aug 22, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #35 of 266
I usually never play around with the various presets... But oh boy, the "Treble+" really brought the AZ80 to another level.

Aug 22, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #36 of 266
Thanks for the suggestion! I had found the bass a bit extended. Treble+ was a notable improvement.:beerchug:

Aug 22, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #39 of 266
So I’ve been playing around with the equalizer. And I like the dynamic better than the treble in the presets. This surprised me because I usually like a bright sound and not a V sound, I’m not a big fan of too much base. Go figure.

Well I sold my TMW3 today and will keep these and the new Sonys.

Now to play around with ear tips. :)

Aug 27, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #41 of 266
Cannot praise enough LDAC stability on these.
Running 990kbps, moving around house (same floor) no drop outs of any sort, was working in the garage most of the day, moving back and forth between the house and the garage, stable as if I had phone in the pocket all the time.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #42 of 266
According to the enthusiasm here, I bought them. I also have the WF-1000XM5, but I will be returning them. I've tried maybe 20 tips and none of them fit me. Silicone, foam, different sizes, I can't use them. And in the end, I'm very happy about it! Otherwise I wouldn't have tried the AZ80 and I would have lost a lot! The sound is much better for me (Treble+, ANC off). Dynamics and soundstage and fun, this is much better on the AZ80. Fit is absolutely ok. The processing of the headphones and the case is on another level. The Sony case creaks, and the headphones look and feel very cheap.

Aug 30, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #43 of 266
I really hope we'll be getting the promised LE audio update very soon! Will be interesting too see if the battery life will be even better with LC3, hopefully without much loss of sound quality compared to LDAC too!

Aug 31, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #44 of 266
I like that I don't have to turn on ANC and they still isolate very well. Tried it on the subway today and couldn't hear anything when the music was playing.

Sep 1, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #45 of 266
Hi all,

I think I'm losing my mind. When I got my earbuds, I found a setting that lets you turn off the earbuds saying "connected" and instead it plays a very short tune. So, I installed the new firmware and the annoying "connected" sound came back, I can't find the setting again. Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back