(technical) death metal recommendation
Apr 22, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eek.gif

Please....... This is a thread about METAL and the last thing it needs is a "core" infection. No offense to people who like "core" genres.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by cornman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please....... This is a thread about METAL and the last thing it needs is a "core" infection. No offense to people who like "core" genres.

"core" genre's are metal too
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Chill bro. There's been a growing Old School Death Metal comeback for the past 2-3 years and it's gonna grow bigger and bigger. Victory is ours.

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of the technical deathmetal is garbage wankery,
*edit* O yeah, Hate Eternal is quite good too, albums King Of All Kings and I, Monarch.

Second that comment. Dunno about H. E. though. Saw them play in Sydney a few years ago and two of them were smoking bongs on stage; pretty laughable. One can only take so many blast beats before it turns to sludge...

Sorry for the poop.

Apr 22, 2010 at 12:16 PM Post #20 of 28
There's been a lot of great mentions already.

But I want to say something, "technical death metal" doesn't really make sense. Most death metal is very technical in the first place.

As for tech metal bands, you should go down the Atheist, Coroner route...

Death metal is death metal, some of it's more groove-oriented, other is fast and brutal, any other labels are kind of useless to me.

Yes, Winds of Creation is in the Top 3 best death metal albums of all time FOR SURE.
Immolation's Close To A World Below might be the best tho.
Also, you need some Bolt Thrower and Benediction thrown in the mix.

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Edit 3: so i narrow it down to 4 now Fleshgod Apocalypse, Soreption, Aeon of Horus, and Viraemia(who woulda thought you could do techincal death metal with breakdowns?!?!) but all four of those bands i think are freakin stellar.

If you like Fleshgod apocalypse, try Flesh consumed. Mutilate, eviscerate, decapitate is Great!!!

Apr 24, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #22 of 28
I know I'll get a laugh, but I do actually like Dethklok, from Adult Swims show. Got both the studio albums..

Particularly from them, I like the songs Thunderhorse, and Dethharmonic.

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I want to say something, "technical death metal" doesn't really make sense. Most death metal is very technical in the first place.

yea i understand the term "technical" can be redundant but i think it's kind of necessary for me to convey what i was looking for. yes, death metal is by definition a technical musical genre, but there's just such a very wide spectrum of technical ability displayed by the many bands. i've tried to get into bands like atheist and death and slayer for that matter because i understand the huge influence they had on the modern death metal scene. but i was like 5 when they were releasing stuff and it's hard for me to back track (with this genre at least) because the good stuff of today is more complex and executed better, is better produced, and in general just ****ing crazier. which is important to me because metal is an "extreme" music genre.

and as far as "core" goes....hehe i mean i don't have anything particularly against it. i mean in high school i was your typical scene kid who loved anything heavy and breakdowns were always a +. i guess my tastes have just changed since then. (I do revisit some of my "core" albums sometimes
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Apr 24, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use them to differentiate between styles. One sounds like a Lovecraftian monster and the other sounds like Mario jumping on top of Bowser's head.

Apr 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Im sorry but general metal is boooooooooring. Yes! It has its place... But when i see bands like Steel Panther taking the piss i laugh. Throw in some breakdowns and grow some balls imo
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #26 of 28
IMO, some core bands have a place and can be just as technical or more so than a lot of straight up death bands. Its just when the scene kids begin over genrefying the music that it starts sucking. Technical-egyptian-death-emo-mall-math-core, for example.

Its also unfortunate when the scene kids ruin a gig by showing up and doing all their ridiculous "dancing".

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im sorry but general metal is boooooooooring. Yes! It has its place... But when i see bands like Steel Panther taking the piss i laugh. Throw in some breakdowns and grow some balls imo
wink.gif

General metal boring? What metal have you listened to? Imo when you start throwing in breakdowns everywhere and turn it into (insert random adjective)-core its not really metal anymore, it just has a completely different sound and effect and I'd put it in the hardcore punk category instead of metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back