[TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available September
May 21, 2016 at 7:58 AM Post #661 of 677
I have the Music two from the custom art and upgraded to the EI.XX
And boy what an improvement across the board everything just gets a lift in quality and of cause the bass is amazing
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm thinking of a similar shift.  How would you compare the two for rock music?

May 21, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #662 of 677
I'm thinking of a similar shift.  How would you compare the two for rock music?

I listen mostly to progressive metal of all sorts, but I have noticed I listen at lower volumes on the EI.XX because I get the desired bass kick/puch at lower volume with the EI.XX

I love the EI.XX for metal for the added lows/grunt it gives the music, but the bass can also boader to much on more modern pop productions. Also older recordings with low recorded bass also benefit greatly from the EI.XX

The music two is more balanced in it approach to the music no doubt about that but I love the EI.XX

If you wish more specific answering feel free to ask :)

May 21, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #663 of 677
I listen mostly to progressive metal of all sorts, but I have noticed I listen at lower volumes on the EI.XX because I get the desired bass kick/puch at lower volume with the EI.XX

I love the EI.XX for metal for the added lows/grunt it gives the music, but the bass can also boader to much on more modern pop productions. Also older recordings with low recorded bass also benefit greatly from the EI.XX

The music two is more balanced in it approach to the music no doubt about that but I love the EI.XX

If you wish more specific answering feel free to ask
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.  I tend to listen to the progressive side of rock more than metal so generally around the same sort of area of music really.    How was the fit?  Any refits needed?

May 14, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #671 of 677
whats better than reading the ei.xx thread when you are waiting for your pair.
Bought them this drop (which ended a few days ago) and cant wait to get them.

I am really curious how my custom design wishes turn out! :):beerchug:
I hope I had not too special wishes and "conditions".:beyersmile::beyersmile:

May 14, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #673 of 677
May 15, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #674 of 677
Even though this might not the perfect place to ask for, but it is related to my purchase of the ei.xx:
I use my Sony Xperia Z5 Compact as my music player (or DAP, if this is the correct term).
I dont want to have another DAP, since I listen to spotify sometimes, and that is (as far as I know) not possible with DAPs (or is it?)

I am thinking about getting a DAC or Amplifier for my smartphone to better the sound.
Are there any recommendations or places for me to read?

Also, often I read that a DAC is only the converter, but mostly doesnt have enough juice. So if I get a DAC for my smartphone, do I need an additional amplifier?
Or does it get the juice from the smartphone?

edit:
after reading tons of sites and viewing lots of videos, I am most likely getting the Shanling M2s, since I can (as far as I know) connect my Smartphone via bluetooth or OTG Cable with the M2s, and then still use Spotify etc and have a small portable DAP, and not a "huge" one like Fiio Q1.

Also, if at the gym, I can just leave my smartphone at the side and dont have to worry about a big smartphone in my pockets (since, bluetooth).

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #675 of 677
after being out of the game for a while, I decided to join this drop too. I was lazy and barely shipped my ear impressions today.
hope this thread livens up with this latest drop. if I'm lucky, I'll get mine around my birthday at the end of next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back