[TEASER] Massdrop x ??? - New Custom In-Ear Monitor available September
Aug 27, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #242 of 677
I was fascinated by the impressions process.

So, mids perhaps close to what sennheiser does? I grew to like the "meaty" mids on the HD700.

I heard HD700 only for a second so I cannot really compare. It's also very hard for me compare cIEMs to headphones. But I would certainly say mids are quite "meaty" :)

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #244 of 677
Wow that note decay! That and thick note = big bass. Oh and 5-10 dB mid dip. This one will be interesting! :wink:

Regarding PRaT, I'm sorry I asked an over generalized question. I often listen to trance music, will this able to keep pace?

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #246 of 677
Question: do you do recessed sockets? If so, as a Massdrop special can we have them as a free addon?

Comment: I am a firm believer in UP-OCC copper and silver wire and Silver/gold solder. L

Question: do you do sonic upgrades via silver or copper UP-OCC as internal wiring? If so, what is the cost?
If not, am I able to supply you with my own Silver UP-OCC wire to be used as internal wiring?

Regards,
Talal

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #247 of 677
Question: do you do recessed sockets? If so, as a Massdrop special can we have them as a free addon?

Been already discussed previously. Yes, for +$10
 Question: do you do sonic upgrades via silver or copper UP-OCC as internal wiring? If so, what is the cost?
If not, am I able to supply you with my own Silver UP-OCC wire to be used as internal wiring?

No we don't do that. We can only put warranty on parts we tested and accepted in manufacturing process. We use 14x0.05 SPC litz by default.

Aug 28, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #249 of 677
I'm new to this world. Why would you need a recessed outlet? What are the advantages and disadvantages

Aug 28, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #250 of 677
I'm new to this world. Why would you need a recessed outlet? What are the advantages and disadvantages

Im no professional but the 1964 website states this about recessed sockets:

Recessed sockets help the cable last longer. We place the connectors deeper into the shell and the cable is held more securely thereby limiting wear and tear on the connectors. If moisture or dirt get into the recessed socket, it's difficult to clean and can cause corrosion.

I guess if you're gonna change around your cables from iem to iem frequently its better to not get recessed sockets.

Aug 29, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #251 of 677
Thanks. Makes sense. I have no other's so I'll get that option

Aug 29, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #253 of 677
i don't think i make it for this drop, buy exist any chance for a second or 3rd drop???

Piotr has stated several times that the hope/intention is to continuously offer the drop (one after another). So, good news! You can save up and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back