Tears for You
Mar 31, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #46 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
look Minya, yeah, self-pity, you can call it whatever you want. but i really do mean what i say. it's no joke to me.

Then don't sit around writing Goth poetry. Go outside, get some fresh air, exercise, take a walk. Clear your mind. We all go through things like this... and life goes on. Remember that. The world doesn't end unless you make it so.

- Chris

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:01 PM Post #47 of 68
Quote:

Then don't sit around writing Goth poetry. Go outside, get some fresh air, exercise, take a walk. Clear your mind. We all go through things like this... and life goes on. Remember that. The world doesn't end unless you make it so.

Minya, i'm not here to argue with you. yes, we all go through "these things." .........but you wouldn't believe the crap that has happened in the last 20 years. this is just the last tiniest little blip at the very end...

...police have been to my house when i was about 5 years old. didn't get much better than that afterwards. then before my mom died, i fortold her death, and how she would die.

everything in between could be made into a full movie.

again, i had a revelation a couple days ago. she is all i want. it's as simple as that.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #48 of 68
Quote:

Then what are you waiting for? Sell your story to Hollywood (or Lifetime/Oxygen, if Spielberg's not interested) and make some cash.
evil_smiley.gif

- Chris

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #49 of 68
Quote:

Minya, i'm not here to argue with you. yes, we all go through "these things." .........but you wouldn't believe the crap that has happened in the last 20 years. this is just the last tiniest little blip at the very end...

...police have been to my house when i was about 5 years old. didn't get much better than that afterwards. then before my mom died, i fortold her death, and how she would die.

again, i had a revelation a couple days ago. she is all i want. it's as simple as that.

Right.. I lost my mum to cancer just over a year ago, I hear ya. You're not alone in this world. Minya put it best: Life goes on.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #51 of 68
You guys are being very harsh. I hate playing board psychiatrist, but Orpheus needs support. This doesn't seem to be a one day funk. I'm worried about you, Orpheus.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:35 PM Post #52 of 68
thanks guys, especially wodgy, servinginecuador, and fiddler.

you're right wodgy, that this ain't no problem that's gonna be gone tomorrow.

i only type here cause it's a little different talking to strangers... it's fresh.

yes, i have many friends.... but they all kinda say the same thing... that people go through crap, some seemingly worse than what i feel from the outside. but as you all know, when you have crap, it always feels like the end of the world to you.

but unfortunately, this one is different. i have been through crap before... this one is different from just crap. this one is It.

thank you for listening guys.

i as i have said, this song ain't the most profound thing in the world... but now that you know some of the story behind it, you might find it the most special song you have ever heard. i know she thinks so. i do too.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:44 PM Post #53 of 68
Wodgy you're right, I came off really insensitive in the last post, I'll just shut up. Sorry Orpheus...

If it makes you feel any better, I really liked your song. I can remember clearly even though I only listened to it once yesterday. It's made a lasting impression, and that takes a special gift.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:22 PM Post #54 of 68
ehh dean ... you cant possess people hehe.... let it go man ... love your self before another .... meaning reconcile with yourself first and everything will fall into place.
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:49 PM Post #55 of 68
Dean,

Slow down man.

I guess it'll become more obvious as you get older, (well, I'm not that much older than you.
tongue.gif
) b

OK, I'm going to make some bad analogies here, so bare with me.

A candle is right before you.

You are drawn to the flicker of the flame.

If you grab for the flame, you get burned.

The closer and closer you get to the flame the hotter and more unbearable it gets.

If you grab the wick quickly, the flame goes out.

So the only way you can get the flame is to hold the candle.

But the wax melts down the sides of candle and you feel the heat of the wax.

It reminds you of the flame.

Eventually you get a candle holder to keep the hot wax from your hands.

You are then only holding the candle in a candle holder, no closer to the flame then when you first saw it.

I feel what you are talking about. Perhaps I have gotten too cynical as I've gotten older, but please be careful Dean.
True creativity treads a fine line between art and insanity.

-Ed

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #56 of 68
edwood, please don't be upset................... but i'm actually not in the mood to think about that analogy. it's over my head for now...
Quote:

True creativity treads a fine line between art and insanity.

wanna know something funny?--well, heck, everything now is funny and irrelevant to me at the same time now. but anyway, i was talking to her in the car, about all the genius composers that lived. .....and how screwed up their lives were, and how they all died suffering. i asked her, am i to die their fate? (no, i ain't a genius in music... but same idea.) i think she simply agreed, if you could agree to a question. i don't remember an answer.

but she did promise to remember me.

you should see the CD i have her. inside was a gold plated paper crane a special girl once made for me. she was eventually to make 1000 of them, for my wish to come true. but God actually did show me a sign, the same night i prayed, in the form of breaking her bday present to me on my face. long story, for another day. ..............aw heck, anyway, i told the girl the story of the paper cranes, and inside her CD jewel case is one of two i have on my desk--a blue metallic one, and the golden one:

she, the girl i like, also told me a story of a silver crane:

once a man had a silver crane, and loved her very much. but then he heard of a golden crane, and became obsessed. the silver crane knew this, and told him she would sing him one last song, but has to leave because she knows he does not love her any more. so, she did, and it was beautiful. then the man let her go. as she flew away, the sunlight reflecting off her body was golden light.

and so, i gave her the golden crane (which she did not know i had)... for her to also remember me by.

Mar 31, 2004 at 10:47 PM Post #57 of 68
OK. I'll be blunt.

Stop infatuating!

If you smother someone with attention that you have not known for a long time, you will scare them away.

I've done it many times in my life.

If you are meant for this one, you will get along and possibly grow together.

OK, I can't think of anything more without coming up with an analogy.

-Ed

Mar 31, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #58 of 68
Quote:

she, the girl i like, also told me a story of a silver crane:

once a man had a silver crane, and loved her very much. but then he heard of a golden crane, and became obsessed. the silver crane knew this, and told him she would sing him one last song, but has to leave because she knows he does not love her any more. so, she did, and it was beautiful. then the man let her go. as she flew away, the sunlight reflecting off her body was golden light.

and so, i gave her the golden crane (which she did not know i had)... for her to also remember me by.

That's a good story/fable . I haven't heard that one before.

Ugh, I try not to do origami anymore. Too many bad memories.

-Ed

Apr 1, 2004 at 9:13 AM Post #60 of 68
well, the title of that post was "you won't believe this."

and i agree, no intelligent being would.

this is one of the most pathetic but entertaining threads i've ever seen. first you want praise for your song, then you're drowning in self-pity, then you're tellling people when they're going to die, then you're crying again, then a bunch of girls are showing up to strip for you (again). haven't you gotten enough attention yet?

ust give it up already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back