Tears for You
Mar 30, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 68
That's so sweet. I wish you a great deal of luck with the girl, but in the back of my head, I'm wondering how long it takes for guys to becomes this nice. I think she'll like it.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:36 AM Post #18 of 68
You didn't listen to your headphones too loud when she came over did you?
tongue.gif

-Ed

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:42 AM Post #19 of 68
Sorry you feel so bad, man. But, look at it this way. I've been a keyboardist/guitar-man composing music for about 40 years now. Most of my best stuff was (and still is) born of heartache.

You'll no doubt compose some very beautiful pieces as a result of your pain. At least you'll have something to show for it.

Again, I feel for you man...

frown.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:50 AM Post #21 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
You didn't listen to your headphones too loud when she came over did you?

I think if that had happened this time, he'd have shot himself (and I'm only half kidding).

<<wish me a long life before hell.>>

Sounds like you're there already, though there's always that "better to have loved and lost" cliche. And again, boy am I glad your girlfriend doesn't surf this site...I hope.

...or then again, is she still your girlfriend? This thread makes me wonder.

Mar 31, 2004 at 7:56 AM Post #22 of 68
Yeah that's what I was thinking too strohmie. Good thing you said it, not me. I even did a search to verify. Maybe that's part of the whole fate and waiting thing?

Anyways, I don't want to offend anyone, certainly not Orpheus, so no offense intended...

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:13 AM Post #23 of 68
wanna know something funny?--we just got back from the cafe... they were playing this lame piano solo music made of melodies of famous hong kong pop songs with some harmonies underneath. it was driving me NUTS. so, i went to the manager and asked if he could play my song that i wrote for her, cause it's piano music too. and he agreed.

so, i sat in front of her.... and we listened so hard..... and i could just barely hear some notes during the loudest passages!!! she was squinting her eyers as if to see the music more clearly.......... and i was laughing.

guys, if you ever write a song to be played publicly, compress the heck out of it!!!

...we laughed together. i think she really appreciated the moment, despite how it turned out.

i miss her so much. i will for the rest of my life.

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:16 AM Post #24 of 68
This is such an interesting story. Was this your girlfriend? Did you dump her? Or was it your girlfriend that prevented you from getting involved with this new girl?

Mar 31, 2004 at 8:53 AM Post #25 of 68
EDIT: i'm thinking i really shouldn't say any particulars here. the issue is much more complicated than what i could type here.

and, ... next time i hold a meet, i don't want anyone to look at my gf funny. there's so much to the story, it could easily become a whole romance novel.

but... about the song... i know my music professors would compare this piece to something the Greats wrote and say it ain't all that. but you know, i consider this a Perfect Song. it is absolutely perfect in that it is exactly what i meant to say. maybe only the girl would understand. i could swear she was about to cry 20-30 times tonight. but........ not one drop touched her cheek.

but i did cry.

now i'm beyond tears. i have only hope to live for.

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:11 AM Post #27 of 68
wodgy.... i have since edited my original story. let's um, let this one die. the story i mean, not the music, "Tears for You." so, if you can, please erase your post. i don't think it's a good idea to let too much out, now that i think about it.

...i normally wouldn't mind, but i forgot that i do have an existance outside the net to you guys...... and i don't want anything stupid to happen at a meet.

though, for the record wodgy, i am not "dreaming day and night of other women." just one woman. and much more than dreaming. she is the life i want. now i have my current life to attend to.

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:14 AM Post #28 of 68
Done. Still, try to think about what I said. You owe yourself more than this. I mean that in a positive way -- there's a whole world out there, don't trap yourself somewhere where you're not truly happy.

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:19 AM Post #29 of 68
yeah.... i've been thinking the same. i am really lost now. everything i have ever believed in has just dissappeared. i guess only time will tell.

but, it seems the girl's promise will save my music for the time being. (i promised not to sell off my studio and dump all my music in exchange.)

you know, this song is the only song i have finished in 1/2 a decade? again, i cannot stress how perfect this song is to us.

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:29 AM Post #30 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Orpheus
you know, this song is the only song i have finished in 1/2 a decade? again, i cannot stress how perfect this song is to us.

Perhaps this was meant to happen this way, at just this moment, to re-inspire you? A turning point? Try to seize the energy. Follow it, see where it leads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back