Teams
Nov 7, 2001 at 8:25 PM Post #31 of 38
eric.....he said GOOD Sony stuff..not mass-market crap
biggrin.gif

And...I was just kidding around about the JMT (lack-of)-props.

Nov 8, 2001 at 1:05 AM Post #32 of 38
Well, yeah, but there are only so many good Sony products, and I think it's important to diversify a bit. Hence the fact that I've got Etys, my dad has Grados, and my next headphones will be either Sony V6s or Senn 580s...

Nov 9, 2001 at 4:49 AM Post #33 of 38
IBM X21? I remember that person of a laptop, everything is external, no thank you. I'll take the Thinkpad T22 with internal DVD and far more stable a laptop. The V6's kick ass, very nice cans for the price.

George

Nov 9, 2001 at 1:16 PM Post #34 of 38
Hehe, we've got Team Grado, Team Sennheiser, Team AKG, Team Etymotic, Team Beyerdynamic, Team Good Sony...
smily_headphones1.gif

Now the bad teams:

Team Coby, Team Sentry, Team Cheap $.02 Stock Headphones...

...AND ESPECIALLY TEAM CRAPPY SONY!!!
eek.gif

And on the sidelines (just like Etymotic Faction did on that thread started by Neruda back at HeadWize), Team This Sounds Like Crap Test!!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 9, 2001 at 3:33 PM Post #35 of 38
Gloco:

Well, it's an inch thick (closed) and a ~3hr battery life per battery (I have two), plus I've got the Media Slice so I just carry around a flat thing with the floppy and DVD in it if I think I'll need them (more often than not I don't). The laptop is also nice and light...

Oh, and it's got the keyboard light thingy, which looks less dorky than the Itronix glow-in-the-dark keys (but dosen't work as well), plus CF and PCMCIA slots, and eithernet. It works nicely for NetStumbling
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2001 at 12:21 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Gloco:

Well, it's an inch thick (closed) and a ~3hr battery life per battery (I have two), plus I've got the Media Slice so I just carry around a flat thing with the floppy and DVD in it if I think I'll need them (more often than not I don't). The laptop is also nice and light...

Oh, and it's got the keyboard light thingy, which looks less dorky than the Itronix glow-in-the-dark keys (but dosen't work as well), plus CF and PCMCIA slots, and eithernet. It works nicely for NetStumbling
biggrin.gif

Ahh...ok, you said the magic term: "media slice" much better. It is a nice laptop with the media slice, but i was very found of the T22...these IBM laptops are much more sturdy/durable than Dells.

George

Nov 14, 2001 at 12:47 AM Post #38 of 38
Well, of course you need a media slice! Without it the only way to get files on/off the laptop is PCMCIA, CF, or Eithernet, which kinda precludes installing big programs that come on CD. Also, the media slice is nice for plane trips, since you can check the slice and take the laptop in order to save the arms/shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back