Team College-Fi Post pics of your setup
Oct 1, 2005 at 10:57 PM Post #121 of 252
room1.jpg

room2.jpg

Oct 2, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #122 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
Is my current desk somehow unreal? I can't see anything wrong with this desk. It's over 15 years old and still in this good shape. Built in Finland, top quality by Muurame. New desks made by this company aren't cheap ones. The corners are little worn-out but that's my fault because I've scratched them with the back of my chair when my furniture were arranged differently.

I have no intention to buy a new desk.

He's just never seen the price tag of a Muurame. If he did, he wouldn't call it a fake desk.
wink.gif

I was also confused by the thread crap, but I guess if you're only used to Ikea-quality, you won't know about the finer stuff that actually lasts.
wink.gif

Oct 2, 2005 at 1:13 AM Post #123 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by soupy
room1.jpg

room2.jpg

Man is that a dorm? No way, it cant be? When I went to college (ehm, a million years ago) the area where you have the TV is larger than my dorm.

I would have love to have had that setup. But then we were using punch cards to access the mainframe computer.
eek.gif

Oct 2, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #124 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Man is that a dorm? No way, it cant be? When I went to college (ehm, a million years ago) the area where you have the TV is larger than my dorm.

I would have love to have had that setup. But then we were using punch cards to access the mainframe computer.
eek.gif

apartment for sure

Oct 2, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #125 of 252
yeah, it's an apartment. Hopkins doesn't provide housing for Juniors and Seniors....well, at least now they don't. I can watch the lacross/football/soccer games from my balcony
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #127 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
Icy006, i think i may have the same Antec as yours. do you find yours is really obnoxiously loud?

It's an Antec Lanboy. Strikes me as no more loud than any other case I've had. Perhaps you have some particularly loud extra fans installed?

Oct 3, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #128 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jashugan
soupy you have the very same Ikea desk as me
biggrin.gif

LOL, same here. Except mines a lighter wood and an extra shelf on top. Gotta love ikea
icon10.gif

Cheers
eggosmile.gif

Oct 6, 2005 at 7:59 AM Post #130 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioNoob
Holy crap, you guys get scholarships and spend it on headphones, my knowledge has it that I NEED to receive scholarships so my parents can afford college, this sucks... I want donations for a college rig *wipes eye* why can't I have a proper amp like yours. I sell computers and design webpages and all I can afford was an e3c.
mad.gif

I'm really envious, leave those aids alone
smily_headphones1.gif
they're for people who need em, I know many who cant afford the college without aids leave alone headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

There are several types of aid. A lot of aid is in the form of grants, which are free money that the college gives to you as a reward for choosing them. There are also need based grants, with a similar lack of restrictions. You can spend that however you want, even if you don't need it. I have a couple of grants but if the wrong people ever heard I was using them for non tuition expenses... it would be bad. Plus I actually need the money for tuition.

Oct 6, 2005 at 4:50 PM Post #131 of 252
just had to ask the obvious... aren't college students supposed to be poor and eat ramen 3 times a day?

Oct 6, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #132 of 252
I'm not poor. A lot of college students are, a lot aren't. Actually, what I should say is, my family isn't poor.

Oct 6, 2005 at 6:37 PM Post #133 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-sides
just had to ask the obvious... aren't college students supposed to be poor and eat ramen 3 times a day?

I eat like crap in order to save money for my headphone (among other) addiction. It's a balance, really. For people like me, you get a campus job not to eat better or wear nicer clothes, but to buy more booze and fun gadgets.

Oct 6, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #134 of 252
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II
I'm not poor. A lot of college students are, a lot aren't. Actually, what I should say is, my family isn't poor.

That's definitely true. Especially once you move to private universities and colleges, there are a ton of people with a lot of extra money from their families after scholarships (at least that's my experience here).

Anyhow, Leto Atreides: Portland State! Portland is the best.

Oct 6, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #135 of 252
Updated pics since I've received my digital camera
biggrin.gif

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Finally good quality pics
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back