Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256)
May 2, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #272 of 572
I dont think it is worth the money, to buy an external Clock for UD-503.  

Look at HiFi-News Jitter measurement on USB:  28pSec jitter

To my understanding the 10MHz ref input options is onlyworking for USB input, not the Coax/Optical SPDIF !?

May 2, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #273 of 572
FlemmingBach

Teac Nt503

Clock sync is only possible when the input source is USB,
USBf or NET
With an external clock can be
<0,0001pSec jitter а 28pSecjitter.
Very good!!! :)

May 2, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #274 of 572
I am not sure how much that is. if it is a lot wouldn't you just want to consider buying  a better dac then? I find ifi iusb will go a long way on anything but not sure about better clock on this. i don't know. i am not afraid of usb if it is fully filtered on a purpose built pc though.

May 3, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #275 of 572
Usb 503 plays excellent and better than most other DAC for big dengi.
Esli have the opportunity to raise even higher sound quality then why not!
I connected to clean high-quality USB SOTM Tx-USBhubex with a very good result.

May 18, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #277 of 572
I compared the sound quality with USB&NET on your Teac NT503.
Entrance NET on my look better.
Gives black color BB silence,the sound of solid and outlined.USB lubricates the sound,the sound is not very clear and slightly softened.
I put on the first entrance 1.NET
beerchug.gif
2.USB.

May 18, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #278 of 572
i would think a nos 501 should be less than $750 now but honestly have no idea. either way i would get the 503 now. of course if you double this price their are dacsa to be had in a different league. i understand their are budgets of course. the thing is though just twice this money puts you into serious stuff sometimes. you do not need to spend thousands to get reference class anymore. technology is increasing. still, the heavily modded 501 is a very nice dac to this day. it is more expensive than better dacs now out of the box though but still better than the 503 in pcm. at dsd i guess the 503 can beat even the modded one. i like dsd. the strange thing though with very expensive dacs is they tend to sound best at the files native resolution. i am not sure why that is. the 503 actually upsamples to dsd better than some very serious dacs. id go with the 503. it is a great value.

Great to hear about the DSD upsampling,i wouldnt buy a DAC without a proper DSD support anymore.In fact i wouldnt buy an Yggdrasil even at half-price,but that's another story.My unit finally arrives tomorrow after five months of waiting.I hope i am getting the latest spec with the better (inside)build quality.When i ordered it i took a risk,because there were next to no reviews,we didnt know exactly what was inside and it looked as the quality had taken a dive in order to cram it with more headline features.

I am going to use the analogue volume control(Esoteric tech?) for my Ncore monoblocks and the analogue inputs(from my phono stage) as well,so i hope these are as good as the DAC section.

May 20, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #279 of 572
Finally here and hooked for burn-in.Unfortunately i cannot get DOP over SPDIF from the Breeze DU-U8 DDC(XMOS 2.26 3035 driver),which means i can use only the (soon to arrive)Intona between the DAC and my PC if i want to get DSD.

May 23, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #282 of 572
Folks, what exactly is this so called TEAC-QVCS preamp? The introduction didn't tell us nothing.

It is an analog preamp with electronic control.Very high quality!Recommend!The quality is comparable with analog preamp price 1500$-2000$.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

In the pre-amp section, the NT-503 employs the “TEAC-QVCS” (Quad Volume Control System), a fully-balanced circuit design from the output of the D/A Converters and Volume Amplifier section. Control signals from the volume knob precisely control four independent variable-gain amplifiers simultaneously — both positive and negative for the left and right channels. With this circuit design, audio signal paths are simplified and independant left and right channels and phase is preserved for clear sound quality with outstanding channel separation. (This does not apply to unbalanced analog input.)

This “TEAC-QVCS” also provides 256 steps or 0.5dB steps of volume control, precisely throughout the effective range from -95dB to +24dB. Both the line output and headphone volume can be controlled to the exact level you wish with a remote control, something that's difficult to achieve with a motorized volume control. This feature becomes even more useful when connecting various types of headphones with different impedances.

May 23, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #283 of 572
  Finally here and hooked for burn-in.Unfortunately i cannot get DOP over SPDIF from the Breeze DU-U8 DDC(XMOS 2.26 3035 driver),which means i can use only the (soon to arrive)Intona between the DAC and my PC if i want to get DSD.

Install JRiver 21 and where to put all-digital stream in DOP format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back