1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Tea or Coffee ?

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7
Next

Last
  1. Tomcat Contributor
    "Italian espresso is a distant 2nd... "
    [​IMG]

Apheared, are you sure? Distant? Maybe you system needs some upgrading? You know, I am personally thinking about a rotary pump machine, a professional plumbed-in Bezzera with 5 liter boiler. There are limits using a Livia 90 with vibration pump (as I currently do). A nice double boiler machine would be even better, of course. But those La Marzoccos are even more expensive than a Holmes Powell. And you could always improve on your La Marzocco with Schomer modifications for almost perfect thermal stability. I would trust them to work - his tamper is great.

Or maybe you have a grinder problem? A Mazzer Mini did miracles for me.

Apheared, there is one irrefutable certainty about caffè espresso and hi-fi gear: You can always upgrade. And if you don't like your espresso, man, you just have to. [​IMG]

Uh, yes, my vote is for coffee. I kinda like it Italian style.

2. KR... Contributor
    Quote:

KR... only has had a computer for a few years, TMCM is new to him [​IMG]

Not really, I'm an old school comic fan, so I knew about him from that. But, I just found that website about a few years ago. I just figured that most here had no clue who or what it was.

I drink way too much coffee [​IMG]

now where's that coffee smiley???? [​IMG]

EDIT : Here it is ---> [​IMG]

3. lini Contributor
    I like hot chocolate, tea and coffee - tea either with only sugar or sugar & milk or sugar & lemon or even with some sugar & red wine depending on the tea (darjeeling, assam, earl grey, fruit teas...) and the situation; and coffee generally with quite a lot of milk and sugar - I especially like Italian latte macchiato and Austrian coffee from Meinl. German coffees tend to have a sour taste in my opinion, whereas Austrian blends usually have a mild taste that I enjoy. And I also like greek coffee/turkish mokka without extras (usually there's already a little sugar in it). And sometimes I also make a mixture of coffee and hot chocolate for myself at home...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

4. skippy
    coffee. strong, black, and bitter.

5. Deuce_Bigalow
    I can only stand coffee when I got so much sugar and cream in it that it starts to taste chocolatey. I ask for it triple triple, then I ask for a few extra creams then I dump more sugar in and then more sugar. Otherwise I go to Tim Hortons and get a Cafe Mocha. Lately I've been sticking with Iced Cappucinos for the summer though.

6. Redwoood
    Personally, I find the hot chocolate at Timmy's surprisingly enjoyable. But I don't think their coffe is really good.

If we're talking about their muffins, cookies, bagels however, things are different.... <yummy> [​IMG]

7. dhwilkin Contributor
    I don't like black coffee, gotta be some milk/cream in there. And it has to be sweetened, unless of course I'm also eating cheesecake at the time. Mmm, cheesecake...

Hot chocolate is OK, but I really like a half coffee / half hot chocolate drink. Maybe put a little cinnamon and whipped cream in there, yummy!

As for hot tea, I personally can't stand the stuff. Same goes for unsweetened tea. However, I don't think I could survive w/o my sweet Southern iced tea! I drink far more of that than coffee or hot chocolate. [​IMG]

8. coolvij
    Tea all the way - i get REALLY high on coffee - well, strong black coffee, the stuff my dad drinks.

Whereas - tea, i can actually enjoy, without my pulse soaring...

9. joelongwood Moderator
    Quote:

i get REALLY high on coffee

Exactly![​IMG]
    I drink about a half dozen double espressos, either straight or in cappucino, daily. I use my trusty la Pavoni stainless steel pump handle espresso maker......makes great espresso. I have never felt the need to upgrade, but this thread has me wondering.........[​IMG]
    BTW, What's the story with decaf? Kinda pointless as far as I can tell.

10. coolvij
    lol! joelongwood - that is just too funny....

11. Duncan Moderator
    lol... I'm gonna HAVE to become a Dental Hygenist...

All you people here with coffee stained teeth... I'd make $1,000s!!

I, myself drink either water, or alcohol... don't do hot drinks [​IMG]

12. Redwoood
    A Briton who doesn't like tea...

Wow, that's kinda scary... [​IMG]

13. dhwilkin Contributor
    Hmm, but he does like alcohol... I predict he would love a Long Island Iced Tea! [​IMG]

14. Redwoood
    I know an Australian (!) engineer (!!) who doesn't like beer.

So there are scarier things in this world... [​IMG]

15. fiddler
    I can't live without coffee.. If i don't have my morning coffee I go nuts.. NUTS I TELL YA!

I probably have at least 2 cups a day.. which can't be too good for the health.. I'm 16 now, and i suspect the caffeine IS stunting my growth.. I really haven't grown that much this year... I'm a tad worried...

Can somebody confirm whether coffee really does stunt growth or not?

BTW I like my coffee black.

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7
Next

Last