Tea or Coffee ?
Aug 2, 2001 at 8:03 AM Post #16 of 117
"Italian espresso is a distant 2nd... "
confused.gif

Apheared, are you sure? Distant? Maybe you system needs some upgrading? You know, I am personally thinking about a rotary pump machine, a professional plumbed-in Bezzera with 5 liter boiler. There are limits using a Livia 90 with vibration pump (as I currently do). A nice double boiler machine would be even better, of course. But those La Marzoccos are even more expensive than a Holmes Powell. And you could always improve on your La Marzocco with Schomer modifications for almost perfect thermal stability. I would trust them to work - his tamper is great.

Or maybe you have a grinder problem? A Mazzer Mini did miracles for me.

Apheared, there is one irrefutable certainty about caffè espresso and hi-fi gear: You can always upgrade. And if you don't like your espresso, man, you just have to.
wink.gif

Uh, yes, my vote is for coffee. I kinda like it Italian style.

Aug 2, 2001 at 12:00 PM Post #17 of 117
Quote:

KR... only has had a computer for a few years, TMCM is new to him
smily_headphones1.gif

Not really, I'm an old school comic fan, so I knew about him from that. But, I just found that website about a few years ago. I just figured that most here had no clue who or what it was.

I drink way too much coffee
wink.gif

now where's that coffee smiley????
wink.gif

EDIT : Here it is --->
gmorning.gif

Aug 2, 2001 at 12:03 PM Post #18 of 117
I like hot chocolate, tea and coffee - tea either with only sugar or sugar & milk or sugar & lemon or even with some sugar & red wine depending on the tea (darjeeling, assam, earl grey, fruit teas...) and the situation; and coffee generally with quite a lot of milk and sugar - I especially like Italian latte macchiato and Austrian coffee from Meinl. German coffees tend to have a sour taste in my opinion, whereas Austrian blends usually have a mild taste that I enjoy. And I also like greek coffee/turkish mokka without extras (usually there's already a little sugar in it). And sometimes I also make a mixture of coffee and hot chocolate for myself at home...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Aug 2, 2001 at 2:21 PM Post #20 of 117
I can only stand coffee when I got so much sugar and cream in it that it starts to taste chocolatey. I ask for it triple triple, then I ask for a few extra creams then I dump more sugar in and then more sugar. Otherwise I go to Tim Hortons and get a Cafe Mocha. Lately I've been sticking with Iced Cappucinos for the summer though.

Aug 2, 2001 at 2:39 PM Post #21 of 117
Personally, I find the hot chocolate at Timmy's surprisingly enjoyable. But I don't think their coffe is really good.

If we're talking about their muffins, cookies, bagels however, things are different.... <yummy>
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2001 at 2:52 PM Post #22 of 117
I don't like black coffee, gotta be some milk/cream in there. And it has to be sweetened, unless of course I'm also eating cheesecake at the time. Mmm, cheesecake...

Hot chocolate is OK, but I really like a half coffee / half hot chocolate drink. Maybe put a little cinnamon and whipped cream in there, yummy!

As for hot tea, I personally can't stand the stuff. Same goes for unsweetened tea. However, I don't think I could survive w/o my sweet Southern iced tea! I drink far more of that than coffee or hot chocolate.
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2001 at 3:00 PM Post #23 of 117
Tea all the way - i get REALLY high on coffee - well, strong black coffee, the stuff my dad drinks.

Whereas - tea, i can actually enjoy, without my pulse soaring...

Aug 2, 2001 at 3:19 PM Post #24 of 117
Quote:

i get REALLY high on coffee

Exactly!
biggrin.gif

I drink about a half dozen double espressos, either straight or in cappucino, daily. I use my trusty la Pavoni stainless steel pump handle espresso maker......makes great espresso. I have never felt the need to upgrade, but this thread has me wondering.........
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, What's the story with decaf? Kinda pointless as far as I can tell.

Aug 2, 2001 at 3:32 PM Post #25 of 117
lol! joelongwood - that is just too funny....

Aug 2, 2001 at 4:12 PM Post #26 of 117
lol... I'm gonna HAVE to become a Dental Hygenist...

All you people here with coffee stained teeth... I'd make $1,000s!!

I, myself drink either water, or alcohol... don't do hot drinks
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2001 at 5:22 PM Post #28 of 117
Hmm, but he does like alcohol... I predict he would love a Long Island Iced Tea!
biggrin.gif

Aug 2, 2001 at 8:36 PM Post #30 of 117
I can't live without coffee.. If i don't have my morning coffee I go nuts.. NUTS I TELL YA!

I probably have at least 2 cups a day.. which can't be too good for the health.. I'm 16 now, and i suspect the caffeine IS stunting my growth.. I really haven't grown that much this year... I'm a tad worried...

Can somebody confirm whether coffee really does stunt growth or not?

BTW I like my coffee black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back