Tea-Fi?
Mar 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #451 of 750
Any recommendations on good but affordable Yixing tea pots and cups?  Or is there a better type than that for long-term use and 'heirloom' quality?
I was considering Adagio's (http://www.adagio.com/teaware/dalian_teapot.html), but a quick google search revealed this negative feedback: http://www.teachat.com/viewtopic.php?p=183087.  I found a few on Amazon shipped from China (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G1XTN2) but haven't tried yet.

Mar 24, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #452 of 750
Quote:
For curiosity's sake and for tea-fi, I placed an order for $60 worth of 2 oz portions of various teas.  I didn't get any of the blended teas or the flavored ones though!

Awesome, I hope you enjoy. I'm pretty new to tea, so I have not found to many sites that I know and trust, but I will have to try out some of the suggested sites to compare. 

also thanks for the warm welcome all (^_~)b

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #453 of 750
I'd HIGHLY recommend the Laoshan Black from VerdantTea. Or try to grab the Golden Fleece.

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #455 of 750
Quote:
Quote:
I'd HIGHLY recommend the Laoshan Black from VerdantTea. Or try to grab the Golden Fleece.

30 bucks for 2 oz of that Golden Fleece...yet I'm tempted for the sake of it stating it has morel notes....gaaaah

They've only had it 3 times in their inventory and it is their most prestigous tea. I got 7g but wasted it all as I brewed it wrong 5 times, I am mad. I may order another 7 grams though as I now know how to brew it.

Mar 24, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #457 of 750
Quote:
Quote:

Ok well Ordered some of both. Also got a few others. ^_^

What others? Also, I'd watch the video on brewing the Golden Fleece
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #459 of 750
Dang, just from recommendation from me? How much was the total?

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #460 of 750
Quote:

Haha, well around 90 bucks. But its cool because well... I'm a tea addict. I go through it fast and use a lot of it. I like to keep a huge variety so I never get bored. With how many steeps some of them provide it will be worth it. That and my girlfriend wanted a couple so she is covering about a 3rd of it ^_^.

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #461 of 750
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, well around 90 bucks. But its cool because well... I'm a tea addict. I go through it fast and use a lot of it. I like to keep a huge variety so I never get bored. With how many steeps some of them provide it will be worth it. That and my girlfriend wanted a couple so she is covering about a 3rd of it ^_^.

Thats awesome! I can only drink on weekends as if I drink on weekdays I'm up all night
frown.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #462 of 750
Quote:
With how many steeps some of them provide it will be worth it.

Oh yeah big time, just about any tea under black will get 3+ steeps at 4 min in a 32oz pot

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #463 of 750
Mar 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #464 of 750
Quote:
Verdant Tea recommends doing 16 steeps with one of their teas.

That is most likely gong-fu style in a Gaiwan or a mini yixing teapot at no more than a minute per steeping

Mar 25, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #465 of 750
Quote:
Thats awesome! I can only drink on weekends as if I drink on weekdays I'm up all night
frown.gif

I have such a high tolerance for caffeine, so I can usually brew a few cups in the evening. Probably all the unhealthy energy drinks I have for late night school projects. 

Quote:
That is most likely gong-fu style in a Gaiwan or a mini yixing teapot at no more than a minute per steeping

Yup seems they want you to slowly release the flavors. After the first few steeps the flavor changes pretty well. But that can be said for any quality tea ^_^. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back