Tdk ba200 extension cable broken?
Dec 31, 2012 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ScreenKiller

100+ Head-Fier
hi guys,
i think my tdk ba200 extension cable is broken.
just before i went to shower everything was working properly.
and then when i was finished taking a shower i plugged my ba200 into my ears.
and it had some kind of data loss.
so i though o no my ba200 is broken.
but i detached the extension cable and put the tdk ba200 straight in to my pc everything was fine only when i was using the extension cable i heard data loss.
i tried it with several iem's and came to a conclusion that my extension cable was broken.
but the cable it self has no visual damage and i did really nothing with it except putting it on the table -> went to take a shower -> put them back in my ears.
hope you guys can help.
tried everything finding flex or bending the cable etc. but cable still malfunctions.

Aug 7, 2013 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 13
Im having the same problem with the extension cord. The headphones work fine without it but as soon as the ex cord is attached, alot of the sound is lost. The headphones worked fine for 5 months but just noticed this issue the other day. 

I've searched online to buy a replacement cord but with no avail. I have also emailed TDK support, requesting if i can purchase the extension cord from them. Im still waiting for their reply and will update you as soon as i recieve one.

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 13
Thanks for the reply, Eddie C. Would you recommend the Audio technica extension cord? Ive been searching for a replacement cord online but im afraid of purchasing one that doesnt give me the same sound quality as the TDK's cord.

I still havent received a reply from TDK support so ive kind've given up on them, for a solution.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #6 of 13
It is the same one which is included with the ckm500's. There is no difference, really you can get and 0.6m extension cable for them because the stock one isn't a high quality one such as whiplash, dhc, chris_himself etc. Besides even if you do get a high quality extension cable it will be bottlenecked by the upper portion connected to the earpieces.

Aug 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:
It is the same one which is included with the ckm500's. There is no difference, really you can get and 0.6m extension cable for them because the stock one isn't a high quality one such as whiplash, dhc, chris_himself etc. Besides even if you do get a high quality extension cable it will be bottlenecked by the upper portion connected to the earpieces.

Why would you get an aftermarket extension cable that would most likely cost almost as much as the BA200 themselves?

Jun 17, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #13 of 13
Man I should have read this thread a couple weeks ago. The right channel on my BA-200s cut out and i figured the expense of trying to get them fixed wasn't worth it, so i went out and bought some new IEMs (RE-400s and RHA MA750).

I just tried plugging the cord directly into my comp and the right channel works fine, so it must be the extension. Just ordered a new extension for $6 on Amazon. Looks like I'll have a few to choose from now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back