TAYLOR 810 guitar
Aug 6, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #31 of 38
Lou, I am happy for you, don't think I was ever mad at you! All of your guitars were great choices, and I'm glad you've found one to grow with.

I know the pick you're talking about, but I find them to be a little slippery. I still prefer the Dunlop Tolex - the medium pick is orange and has a picture of a turtle on it. But when I was just first starting out, I used the thin version - the red one with the turtle. The tone was wimpier but easier for me to keep a constant rhythm going and maintain speed without killing my weak wrist at first. Once I built myself up, I moved to the mediums and dug in for a solid chunky sound. I never go to heavy - for me, that's for lead work and i stink at it.

Aug 6, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #32 of 38
Jahn
That meter built into the case is a hydrometer to measure humidity. I also ordered one for my home. 810 Humidity Sensor plus temperature dull screen all digital.

Aug 7, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
Jahn
That meter built into the case is a hydrometer to measure humidity. I also ordered one for my home. 810 Humidity Sensor plus temperature dull screen all digital.

yep fun stuff! as long as you keep it in the case when it's not playing, you'll never have an issue. if you leave it out for years just because it's pretty and you want to look at it, that's the time to worry about room humidity and getting soundhole humidifiers and the like.
wink.gif

Aug 7, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #34 of 38
Jahn
Today I have been getting a somewhat good strum going up and down. I am doing A,D,G,A I am very interested in cord progressions. I just ordered a cord chart for most popular chords. I really like the EM cord but need to get what other cords go with it. I want to write a song. IM an outlaw. But don't know what key to do it in. My TV has been off all day. LOL This is really a lot of fun. I never thought I would even get this far.

Aug 7, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #35 of 38
awesome! here are two chord progressions using the Em chord that you like-

D G Em A (repeat forever)

and

Em Am C D (repeat forever)

Glad you're getting into the groove!

Aug 7, 2006 at 8:04 AM Post #37 of 38
quite a purchase to be uninformed about... I just got myself a 2002 Taylor 310-ce LTD and am just loving it. I just got a flight case for it too, and will be taking it to school in Pittsburgh. Good luck with the GAS (guitar aquisition syndrome)!

Aug 7, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
Jahn
That is the E major cord. Please give me some cords to go with that cord. Thank a millon

Ah E Major! The Blues Chord! Tons of good stuff there, but to start you off, try the tried and true 12-Bar Blues-

http://www.torvund.net/Guitar/BluesG...troduction.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back