TAYLOR 810 guitar
Aug 4, 2006 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I just came home with a TAYLOR 810 guitar. Anybody know about the 810 or about taylor guitars?

Aug 4, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #2 of 38
You bought one without knowing anything about it :p?

Its a pretty nice guitar and from what ive played/heard i really like the sound of Taylor guitars.

Aug 4, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 38
Taylor guitars are very nicely built, with a really sweet tone. Did they have the new GS series where you the bought the 810? I've only seen them on the Taylor website, but they do sound pretty damn nice, even though it's a compressed audio file. How much did you pay for the 810?

Aug 4, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 38
The TAYLOR 810 list for 3048.00, sells for 2349.00 but I got a used one in mint condition like new for 1500.00

Aug 4, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #5 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
The TAYLOR 810 list for 3048.00, sells for 2349.00 but I got a used one in mint condition like new for 1500.00

Do you realize how insane you are? I wish I had money like you. You just wasted $1500 without knowing what you were buying. Do not take this negatively, I just find it amazing that you spent what would take me 3 1/3 months of work without doing any kind of researh.

Aug 5, 2006 at 12:40 AM Post #6 of 38
Lou, didn't you just buy a MasterBuilt Epiphone? Like, days ago? Headphone picks and drops are one thing, but when you do the same thing with Guitars, it actually starts to Anger the Beast. Those poor axes have a soul, you know! Get to know them instead of succumbing to GAS! Sorry to be so rough and I know it's crazy coming from me, but it's true!

And by the way, I had a Taylor 810, you just bought the flagship sweetspot in the Taylor world, and you would be CRAZY to ever get rid of it for DECADES AND DECADES. The only reason why I traded mine for my current Guild Jumbo is because I knew exactly what I wanted and I stole from Peter to pay Paul. So unless you KNOW that the next guitar is THE ONE, please give the 810 a chance! For all our sakes! And learn to play the guitar to do these axes justice, you only started within the year I believe!

Aug 5, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 38
I knew I wanted a taylor or a martin guitar. The Epiphone just got me starter but I really wanted a high end guitar. I read about taylor guitars on my guitar web sites and today I found a mint used one and had the cash to buy it. The 810 is just below the 900 serious that are the top of the line for taylor so I though the 810 would be a very nice guitar. I have also read that taylor guitars are very easy to play on. Look guys I just turned 64 years old and am going to try to enjoy what life I have left.

I just ordered the RS2 also and never heard that either. I did have the RS1 but my system was not right for it I think so I sold it a while ago. I am hoping the RS2 will do much better in my system.

I wanted a easy to learn on and easy to play guitar and several folks told me the TAYLOR was the way to go. I just happened to get a high end one. Sorry if it afends anyone.

Aug 5, 2006 at 12:56 AM Post #8 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Do you realize how insane you are? I wish I had money like you. You just wasted $1500 without knowing what you were buying. Do not take this negatively, I just find it amazing that you spent what would take me 3 1/3 months of work without doing any kind of researh.

Well, you don't know what his financial situation, so I don't know how you can really judge him. Besides, quality guitars tend to hold their value, so there is not a huge risk in buying a guitar to try it.

Aug 5, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Febs
Well, you don't know what his financial situation, so I don't know how you can really judge him. Besides, quality guitars tend to hold their value, so there is not a huge risk in buying a guitar to try it.

but the epiphone's soul is crying out with unrequited desire!
mad.gif

all that aside, don't worry about the 900 series or anything fancier looking Lou - the 810 is patterned after Bob's original guitar, and everything else is a branch off that original rusted root. that axe is the Real Deal and should carry you for the rest of your life.

one last seed of evil tho - since you mentioned Martins, the one to look at is the HD-28, which is the sweet spot of that company. forget the fancy schmancy bigger numbers like the 35, 41 and 45, trust me
cool.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #11 of 38
Sorry but I traded in the Epiphone masterbilt on my new TAYLOR
Febs
I see you live in phila. PM me and I will give you my phone number.
Maby you can teach me a thing or two on my guitar

Aug 5, 2006 at 1:55 AM Post #12 of 38
the epi cries out for JUSTICE!
cool.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #13 of 38
Jahn
I see you are very concerned about the Epiphone guitar so you can go buy it a GC for only 400.00 and give it a good home. Now I know you have great guitars so I am sure someone will buy the 400.00 Epiphone and be very happy with it. But Jahn its time for the high end stuff.

Aug 5, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #14 of 38
Well there are plenty of guitars out there i'd love to bring into my home for some tough love, but I have to pass. But if one does come by that i want to take home, i try to give it a chance once it's home to show what it's got before i kick it to the curb. i'm just saying that the epi never got a chance to show you what it was about.

now suffice to say that an 810 or a HD28 is going to be more fun to learn guitar on, no doubt, but a high end guitar is really going to pay off once you have enough chops to make it happy. i'm not saying you aren't ALLOWED to buy a guitar untill you're a rock god, but you'll find more gratification practicing and enjoying the guitar you have instead of using that time looking over the horizon at the next gear acquisition. it's not like a headphone where everyone has a pair of ears and any can will give you gorgeous sound - a guitar truly scales up with its player until the day you guys are in sync and are really making music together!

edit - i guess i should give an example. the guitar i use right now is a Guild F-30 from the '60s, which I picked up for under $300 and looked like a mess. I gave it TLC and now it still looks like junk but now it plays like a dream. I wouldn't trade that baby for a million bucks - there're certain tunes I know only that guitar can make happen for me, and everytime i play them i fall in love with it all over again. in the meantime the LP Custom is rotting under the bed and the Jumbo is hiding from my kid in Delaware. whenever i go to a guitar store, i play a few bars of that tune i know sounds so great on the F-30, and 80 percent of the time I know that F30 can kick that high end guitar's arse. it's that extra 20% that make your ears pop - but the pricetag makes my eyes pop
wink.gif
either way, i go home still feeling good about that lil guitar. and when i go home to visit the folks i drag out the Jumbo cannon and just revel in the wall of sound, then head back to NYC before I'm tempted to bring it back and have my kid kick a hole in it.
lambda.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #15 of 38
OK I understand and will try to give the TAYLOR a good chance and try to learn to play it so we can be in tune. Its so nice that so many folks congraulated me on my new TAYLOR guitar but this is head-fi so I guess I should not exspect much here. I am sort of proud that I bought such a fine guitar and have been enjoying playing it today and tonight with the about 7-8 cords that I know. I guess I should have not posted about the guitar and just enjoy it. Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back