Tay Zonday strikes back: Cherry Chocolate Rain!
Dec 1, 2007 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AlanY

1000+ Head-Fier
eek.gif

The master is back:
YouTube - "Cherry Chocolate Rain" Original Song by Tay Zonday
...with girls, grills, '80s vintage computers, and a taxidermied squirrel!

eek.gif

Dec 1, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 10
I love how it preserves all the quirks of the original, from the text overlay about moving away from the mic to breathe in (preceded by two needless asterisks, just like the original) and riffs off of them, having the two sexy girls exhale close to the camera... then it adds a good deal more silly quirks like the weather map and the stuffed squirrel. Clever and surprisingly savvy.

Dec 1, 2007 at 9:27 PM Post #6 of 10
Chocolate Raaaaaaain - a song with serious words composed and sung in a hilarious way. Why have any form to the song when we can just repeat the same darn notes over and over?

Internet Dream though, is, while ok, not a work of art, a step above, if still cheesy.
smily_headphones1.gif
Search his Youtube channel to see if you agree.

Jeez, the redoing of Chocolate Raaaaaain is such a POS sellout. I mean there wasn't anything there to sell out, but what little there was is gone. Well, Ole Tay can feel bad about it with his millions now.

Chad Vader has more to say or you can get some Chocolate Rain McD's.

Dec 1, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #8 of 10
Tay isn't a "sell out" (whatever that means). He's busy doing a Ph.D at a good school. All this singing stuff is just a hobby. He might as well have fun with it.

Dec 1, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 10
The new music video is rather good actually, it's like a proper solidification of the internet fad that lasted for a short while, instead of just disappearing into the depths of youtube.

Dec 2, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #10 of 10
Ok, people took "sell-out" too seriously. I just mean there wasn't much there to begin with, but he managed to sell it and change what serious lyrics were there to more crap. But the song itself was already crap, so that's ok.

Like I said, I'm sure he'll feel really bad about it with the money he earns. Chocolate Raaaaaaaain wasn't going to go anywhere else the way he did it originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back