Tax Return Time! WOOT! Suggestions on what to upgrade next!
Jan 19, 2007 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Etrips

100+ Head-Fier
Guess what time of the year it is! Tax return time!!! You know what that means! More money to blow on stuff!! And you know what more money to blow on means.... more audio gear
very_evil_smiley.gif

If I were to purchase more gear (which I probably am), I believe I want to further. Currently I'm enjoying my portable rig so far, but I believe theres more out there, and damn this place for opening my eyes! So I'm thinking of trying out some new phones... Grados? Beyers? Senns? Hmmm... the choices! Or maybe perhaps I could get some new speakers for my computers so I can get rid of my $10 no named brand of speakers
redface.gif
Orr..... I so screw it all! And go on a CD binge! Don't even mention IEM's either! Waiting to hear / see more on the Westone 3's !
wink.gif

As for conditions...

-My music selection is mainly Trance and J-pop/rock as of late with some ambient thrown in from time to time.

-MUST be comfortable!!! Cannot stress this enough! I don't care if they are the best sounding cans in the world if theres a vice grip on my head squeezing my brains out!!
redface.gif

-Routing for open phones since, well, they sound better!

-Now normally I would say size is not an issue, but there are some limits people!! They cannot be death star sized, so please be reasonable. Currently rocking the DR150's out in public with no problems though! (I'd rock the K1000's in public anywhere anytime baby!)

-Price range... Ohh... I don't know... Maybe in the 200-300 range? MAYBE a little bit more should it really peak my interest!

Side note of interest. Could someone explain to me exactly what Darth Beyers are? I understand it's some sort of mod... but not exactly sure what.. What model Beyers are they?

Tax refund time gogogogo!

Edit : Yes I am on a sugar high at work so please bear with me!! Kekela \^o^/

Jan 19, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 11
How about a Grado 225?($200.00).Darth Beyers are DT770 s with the earcup replaced with an exotic wood(Padauk,Purple Heart comes to mind) created by Larry at Headphile,usually costing 500+.

Jan 19, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Etrips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Side note of interest. Could someone explain to me exactly what Darth Beyers are? I understand it's some sort of mod... but not exactly sure what.. What model Beyers are they?

http://www.headphile.com/page8.html

they are tweaked and woodied dt770's

If I didn't have to replenish my savings acct, thats what I'd be getting with my return...

Jan 20, 2007 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Yeah, I just found his site and looking at it now. What type of music are the 770's more suited for?

Rock, Rap and electronic. And gaming, if thats your bag.

Jan 20, 2007 at 3:03 AM Post #7 of 11
I know your requirement was for an open can but you should consider getting an AT A900LTD. They are right around your price range. They are collectors cans. They are extremely comfortable. It's great from electronica and J-Pop especially with Fitz (simple) mod. Here is a nice review: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...46#post2608946

Jan 20, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know your requirement was for an open can but you should consider getting an AT A900LTD. They are right around your price range. They are collectors cans. They are extremely comfortable. It's great from electronica and J-Pop especially with Fitz (simple) mod. Here is a nice review: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...46#post2608946

Ohhh the dredgery
frown.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #9 of 11
If you want to listen to my modded A900LTD...let me know. I am also located in NoVA
biggrin.gif
There is also my modded W5000 you can listen to as well
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Ohhh the dredgery
frown.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to listen to my modded A900LTD...let me know. I am also located in NoVA
biggrin.gif
There is also my modded W5000 you can listen to as well
evil_smiley.gif

Whoa... where abouts in NoVA? I would love to come try them out!

Jan 20, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #11 of 11
Sent you PM
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Whoa... where abouts in NoVA? I would love to come try them out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back