Target getting rid of their Monster Cable stuff
Oct 6, 2006 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

soundboy

Headphoneus Supremus
I am buying my first digital cable (aside from using 3 Radio Shack digital coax cables as component video cables) for use with my Entech Number Cruncher 203.2. My local Target stores are clearing Monster Cable stuff and I picked up a 1 meter digital coax cable for $5.00 and a 1 meter Toslink cable for $10.00. Whatever you feel about Monster Cable, that's a great price for a name brand cable. So check your local Target stores.

Just a "heads up" on some bargains.

Oct 6, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #3 of 9
i'm going to PM 1911 right now. he loves big box stores and monster cables. perfect match!

Oct 6, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by spudman
That's a great price. Do you know if it is more than the one Target store?

(The nearest Target is 80 miles from me.)

Apparently yes....at least around here. I picked up the Toslink cable first, thinking $10.00 was a great deal. Several days later, I was at another Target store and I found the digital coax cable "redtagged" at $5.00. I'd suggest calling your local Target and finding out first. BTW, this is the white Monster Cable stuff that are sold to blend in with nice home decor, not the THX or the more upscale lines. Still a good price though.

I had purchased a 1 meter AR Pro II digital coax cable at Best Buy for $20.00 before the Monster Cables, so it's decision time.

Edit: Looks like Target.com is still listing the 1 meter digital coax cable at $19.99. This is the cable I am talking about. Same goes for the 1 meter Toslink digital cable.

Oct 6, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 9
Just a note on Target clearance. Clearance in their stores vary from store store (though regions might be similar) so you might not see the same things on clearance.
It will be a big YMMV.
They moved to a new mark down system about a year ago I believe that tracks all this stuff and is able to do individual markdowns so they can save markdown dollars.
In our retail stores, we are testing a similar system right now.

Edit: Obviously they still have some global MDs like seasonal stuff (Easter, Holloween, etc)

Oct 8, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 9
Happened to be in Livermore today (to fix my flat tire) and I visited the Target store there....scored 2 more 1 meter Monster Cable Toslink digital cable @ $5.00 each (plus 2 Sony D-NE330 PCDP @ $17.48/each). Then in the afternoon, I was in Foster City and the Target there was wiped out on anything Monster Cable-related.

Oct 8, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #7 of 9
I find eBay to be an excellent place to pick up Monster cable cheap, I have a couple of Digital Interconnects and many Analog interconnects, my last Monster Digital 100 cable was $1.25 new and sealed and even with the $6.99 shipping (outrageous) was pretty cheap.

Oct 8, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
I find eBay to be an excellent place to pick up Monster cable cheap, I have a couple of Digital Interconnects and many Analog interconnects, my last Monster Digital 100 cable was $1.25 new and sealed and even with the $6.99 shipping (outrageous) was pretty cheap.

Ditto this for Acoustic Research cables, especially the Master Series.

The AR Pro Series RCAs from the link bellow are unbeatable IMO:
http://www.accessories4less.com/cgi-...gory/RcaAudio2

Toslink:
http://www.accessories4less.com/cgi-bin/item/PR181

Users who are viewing this thread

Back