Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 2, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #1,936 of 2,410
Give them a fair shake. I think they will surprise you in the end. Try some of your other cables too. You will be surprise how much the tonality can change with a good cable pairing with them. Tips as well of course.

I dont think 011 works like you think. The switches in the end affect the bass end. 1 switch is about 10dbs of bass with an increase of lower mids for a slight added warmth, 2 swtich is 7-8dbs of bass and is the most balanced configuration, 1 switch is about 5-6dbs of bass which enhances more focus for trebles and some upper mids more so.
Off, on, off, or off, off, on best for me. Think I prefer the latter the most so far😊

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #1,938 of 2,410
A good track to test the percussion reproduction of your Tansio Mirai 10th Anniversary X

The drum work on this is insane and one heck of a treat on the X.

Feb 3, 2024 at 8:49 AM Post #1,941 of 2,410
A good track to test the percussion reproduction of your Tansio Mirai 10th Anniversary X

So this morning wanted to get an idea of how the Tansio Mirai is sounding after a couple of days. Also to compare it with its namesake and similarly priced, Penon 10th Anniversary. The cable of the TM 10X was a little dry for me so I put on a NiceHCK 4 core Copper cable. On the Penon 10th I have an XINHS Pure Copper and Pure Silver cable. Both value cables. Penon 14mm Orange Liqueur Tips on both. Both cables have some warmth. The OG TM X stock cable is quite cold in comparison. No EQ or Dynamics alterations. Just vanilla settings on the HiBy R6 III.

First Sibelius Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D Minor (about 16mins duration). The Penon 10th is clearly more dramatic in it's violins and presentation, the TM10th more delicate. Both have the right note thickness on violins with the TM10th having slightly more finesse, but the Penon 10th a bit more tone/timbre. Both the EST's of the Penon 10th and the BA's of the TM10th do a similar job. In the Orchestral sections there is slightly more separation of instruments with the TM10th.

With the short Violin piece....Takato Nikishati.... L'Arlesienne Suite No 1, Handel, The TM 10th is less forward but more refined than the Pennon10th but the Penon 10th is fuller and bolder and more involved by a smidge. Violins are more delicate on the TM10th.

Snowy White & the White Flames... Headful of Blues. The Penon 10th is full on. Good slam. TM10th slightly more metallic on the guitar not as 'BIG' as the Penon 10th which is more forward. Slightly prefer the bold Penon 10th presentation, which is more involving.
What will be important to many is staging. The TM10 has a wider stage (the Penon 10th is no slouch) on one other track a piano was to the right of my headspace...outside of it. Pretty impressive holography.

I'm a lover of the Penon 10th Anniversary so this could lead to bias. For rock and blues the Penon 10th is slightly more forward in your face....to the right amount. The TM10th is still a good rock IEM in their balanced mode. For the classical music I have listened to, the TM 10th is capable of more finesse, although the EST's of the Penon 10th can get the note widths right. Remember you can step up the bass quite a bit on the TM10th. Not fair for this comparison because the Penon 10th doesn't have switches.
In many ways there are similarities. My Penon 10th is fully burned in, but the TM10th has a way to go to burn in the DDs. All these comparisons could be due to cables, so take it with a pinch of salt.

For a desert Island I could live with either.......a score draw.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #1,942 of 2,410
So this morning wanted to get an idea of how the Tansio Mirai is sounding after a couple of days. Also to compare it with its namesake and similarly priced, Penon 10th Anniversary. The cable of the TM 10X was a little dry for me so I put on a NiceHCK 4 core Copper cable. On the Penon 10th I have an XINHS Pure Copper and Pure Silver cable. Both value cables. Penon 14mm Orange Liqueur Tips on both. Both cables have some warmth. The OG TM X stock cable is quite cold in comparison. No EQ or Dynamics alterations. Just vanilla settings on the HiBy R6 III.

First Sibelius Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in D Minor (about 16mins duration). The Penon 10th is clearly more dramatic in it's violins and presentation, the TM10th more delicate. Both have the right note thickness on violins with the TM10th having slightly more finesse, but the Penon 10th a bit more tone/timbre. Both the EST's of the Penon 10th and the BA's of the TM10th do a similar job. In the Orchestral sections there is slightly more separation of instruments with the TM10th.

With the short Violin piece....Takato Nikishati.... L'Arlesienne Suite No 1, Handel, The TM 10th is less forward but more refined than the Pennon10th but the Penon 10th is fuller and bolder and more involved by a smidge. Violins are more delicate on the TM10th.

Snowy White & the White Flames... Headful of Blues. The Penon 10th is full on. Good slam. TM10th slightly more metallic on the guitar not as 'BIG' as the Penon 10th which is more forward. Slightly prefer the bold Penon 10th presentation, which is more involving.
What will be important to many is staging. The TM10 has a wider stage (the Penon 10th is no slouch) on one other track a piano was to the right of my headspace...outside of it. Pretty impressive holography.

I'm a lover of the Penon 10th Anniversary so this could lead to bias. For rock and blues the Penon 10th is slightly more forward in your face....to the right amount. The TM10th is still a good rock IEM in their balanced mode. For the classical music I have listened to, the TM 10th is capable of more finesse, although the EST's of the Penon 10th can get the note widths right. Remember you can step up the bass quite a bit on the TM10th. Not fair for this comparison because the Penon 10th doesn't have switches.
In many ways there are similarities. My Penon 10th is fully burned in, but the TM10th has a way to go to burn in the DDs. This all could be due to cables, so take it with a pinch of salt.

And Mirai 10th is 100 dollars less, if not more in certain cases.

Bit more oomph on penon vs finesse on Mirai, going by your lovely detailed review.

Feb 4, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #1,943 of 2,410

TANSIO MIRAI X is open to Pre-Order now :relaxed:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tan...i-audiophile-iem-is-open-to-pre-order.971616/

TSMR X-10-th.jpg

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Feb 4, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #1,944 of 2,410

In many ways there are similarities. My Penon 10th is fully burned in, but the TM10th has a way to go to burn in the DDs. This all could be due to cables, so take it with a pinch of salt.

How does it sound with Electronica?

Feb 4, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #1,945 of 2,410
How does it sound with Electronica?

If we are talking about the same electronic music.......good

With 'only' the one switch set to on on both earpieces and through a copper cable.....and big Penon Liqueur Dome tips.....Goooood.

OTT......Jack's Cheese and Bread Snack
OTT.......Splitting an Atom
Franz Matthews......The Question.
Schism.....Tool.

Excellent, because switch 1 on, on both earpieces increases bass. Very nice.

Also after a few days the bass opens up......so a little patience.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #1,946 of 2,410
If we are talking about the same electronic music.......good

With 'only' the one switch set to on on both earpieces and through a copper cable.....and big Penon Liqueur Dome tips.....Goooood.

OTT......Jack's Cheese and Bread Snack
OTT.......Splitting an Atom
Franz Matthews......The Question.

Excellent, because switch 1 on, on both earpieces increases bass. Very nice.

Also after a few days the bass opens up......so a little patience.
Thank you

Yes, I believe we are talking about the same Artists. Besides Ott. there's also Globular.

So, would you say that the TANSIO MIRAI X is like very good to excellent for Electronic Music, and I referring to Trance, House, Ambient, Techno, Downtempo and all the rest
?

- If I understand correctly, you have Amazon Music Unlimited? How does it sound?
- How does this IEM sound compared to your best and most beloved IMR IEM? (please, state which one you have)

Finally, I have to ask! Currently, I own the TANSIO MIRAI SANDS. I never use it! Because of the treble or upper midrange spike.
How is the X in regards to this matter?

Sorry, I did not have time to read the previous posts.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Feb 4, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #1,947 of 2,410
Is that the TM X need power ?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #1,948 of 2,410
Thank you

Yes, I believe we are talking about the same Artists. Besides Ott. there's also Globular.

So, would you say that the TANSIO MIRAI X is like very good to excellent for Electronic Music, and I referring to Trance, House, Ambient, Techno, Downtempo and all the rest
?

- If I understand correctly, you have Amazon Music Unlimited? How does it sound?
- How does this IEM sound compared to your best and most beloved IMR IEM? (please, state which one you have)

Finally, I have to ask! Currently, I own the TANSIO MIRAI SANDS. I never use it! Because of the treble or upper midrange spike.
How is the X in regards to this matter?

Sorry, I did not have time to read the previous posts.

Thanks a lot in advance!
I may not be the best person to answer some of your Electronica Genres. I'm playing all those tracks through Amazon Unlimited and it's great. I've never heard the TM Sands, but I guess it's very different to the TM X. With the right setting this has big bass. It's the positioning and not just the amount. On the bass setting the bass is very forward, and getting cleaner by the minute. I have the IMR Dark Matter and the Bass Cannon, with the TM's double DD it has as much if not more bass. Because the IMRs I have, have no BA's the sound of the TM 10th X is very clean and clear.....with Bass.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #1,950 of 2,410
IMG_2363.png

Graph uploaded from Penon

Attachments

• IMG_2364.jpeg
    IMG_2364.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back