Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
May 25, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #181 of 2,410
Hey guys! Below are my impressions on TSMR-4 Pro vs TSMR-3 Pro.

As some of you may know, Tansio Mirai TSMR-4 PRO is now available.

Specifications -
Driver - 4 Balanced Armatures (2 x Knowles 22955 & 2 x Knowles 29689)
Impedance - 15ohm
Sensitivity - 115dBL/mW
Frequency range - 15Hz-20KHz
Passive noise reduction - 26dB
Connector - 2-pin 0.78mm

TSMR-4 Pro is a re-designed & updated version of the outgoing TSMR-4. I had the good opportunity of testing it before release. Here are some of my thoughts.

Since I like Mode 100 the most, I’m going to use that for comparison.

Just FYI, I like both of them very much. I’m not the one to praise a new product from the company just because it is new. I’m going to lay down all the parameters that I noticed while comparing both. It is for you to choose which one will work for you and for that here are some noticeable differences.
  1. 4Pro has better separation & resolution and as a result you hear more micro-details. You can hear reverb trails in slightly better detail as compared to 3Pro. This also gives you a better sense of the room and atmosphere in the song.

2. On the other hand, 3Pro has a slightly warmer character relatively and is smoother.

3. 4Pro technically has more bass presence that 3Pro in 100 Mode. But because 4Pro has better and more detailed treble extension as compared to 3Pro, even if it has more bass, the treble detail shines through and takes away the perceivability of more bass in 4Pro in real world tests.

4. 4Pro in Balanced Mode 020 and 3Pro in Bass Enhanced Mode 100 have nearly identical bass performance and you can see that in the graph below.

5. 4Pro has more clarity in the high bass and lower mids and that is because of a smoother curve descent in that region.
4Pro and 3Pro both have the identifiable characteristic TSMR house sound.

Here is a graph from the company. I realised that their coupler was measuring the bass region slightly north by 2-3 dB. So, while looking at the graph, compensate for around that much. Haha :joy:

3 Pro in Bass Mode 100 (Green) vs 4 Pro in Balanced Mode 020 (Yellow)

Sorry for the bad photo. I have renovation work going on in my house and everything is in a mess, so can't take pretty pictures right now.:face_palm:

As for me, I started with the TSMR-3 and going up the ladder in the TSMR range, the TSMR-4 Pro are a good step up from that. I really like how they are tuned and with their added resolution and clarity, I think they'll work well for me as my in-ear monitors while performing live. I'll use them in my upcoming gigs and report back with impressions.

If you want to know how a particular instrument or vocals sound, just see where their frequency band lies and the read my comparison to figure it out. If you want me to test something specific for you, don't be shy to tag me here or PM me, whichever works for you.

Cheers! :D

PS - Here are my test tracks if anyone is interested.

1. Foo Fighters- The Pretender, Best of You & Everlong
2. Coldplay- Paradise, Up in Flames & Everglong
3. Ed Sheeran- Thinking out loud, Bloodstream & Galway Gir
4. Chainsmokers – Somebody, Sickboy, This Feeling & Closer
5. John Mayer- Slow Dancing in a Burning Room, Stop this Train & Say
6. Gavin James- Always & Hearts on Fire
7. Switchfoot- Meant to live & Dare You to Move
8. Linkin Park- Papercut, One Step Closer & Somewhere I belong
9. Maroon 5- She will be loved, Payphone & Lost Stars
10.Lifehouse- All in All & Come Back Down
11.Karnivool- Simple Boy & Goliath
12.Dead Letter Circus- Real You
13.I Am Giant- Purple Heart, City Limits & Transmission

Specifications -
Impedance - 15ohm
Sensitivity - 115dBL/mW
Connector - 2-pin 0.78mm

TSMR-4 Pro is a re-designed & updated version of the outgoing TSMR-4. I had the good opportunity of testing it before release. Here are some of my thoughts.

Just FYI, I like both of them very much. I’m not the one to praise a new product from the company just because it is new. I’m going to lay down all the parameters that I noticed while comparing both. It is for you to choose which one will work for you and for that here are some noticeable differences.
  1. 4Pro has better separation & resolution and as a result you hear more micro-details. You can hear reverb trails in slightly better detail as compared to 3Pro. This also gives you a better sense of the room and atmosphere in the song.

2. On the other hand, 3Pro has a slightly warmer character relatively and is smoother.

3. 4Pro technically has more bass presence that 3Pro in 100 Mode. But because 4Pro has better and more detailed treble extension as compared to 3Pro, even if it has more bass, the treble detail shines through and takes away the perceivability of more bass in 4Pro in real world tests.

4. 4Pro in Balanced Mode 020 and 3Pro in Bass Enhanced Mode 100 have nearly identical bass performance and you can see that in the graph below.

5. 4Pro has more clarity in the high bass and lower mids and that is because of a smoother curve descent in that region.

Here is a graph from the company. I realised that their coupler was measuring the bass region slightly north by 2-3 dB. So, while looking at the graph, compensate for around that much. Haha :joy:

Sorry for the bad photo. I have renovation work going on in my house and everything is in a mess, so can't take pretty pictures right now.:face_palm:

As for me, I started with the TSMR-3 and going up the ladder in the TSMR range, the TSMR-4 Pro are a good step up from that. I really like how they are tuned and with their added resolution and clarity, I think they'll work well for me as my in-ear monitors while performing live. I'll use them in my upcoming gigs and report back with impressions.

If you want to know how a particular instrument or vocals sound, just see where their frequency band lies and the read my comparison to figure it out. If you want me to test something specific for you, don't be shy to tag me here or PM me, whichever works for you.

Specifications -
Impedance - 15ohm
Sensitivity - 115dBL/mW
Connector - 2-pin 0.78mm

Thanks for your review,just ordered the TMSR-4 PRO, really looking forward to trying them out!!

May 25, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #183 of 2,410
No, i've just read reviews & watched a you tube video , i currently have audio- technica ckr100 & the moondrop kanas pro which are both dynamic drivers, the tmsr-4 pro are all balanced drivers, so it should be interesting to compare.

May 30, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #184 of 2,410
I just came across these beautiful shells made by Tansio Mirai, thought I'll share them for your eye's pleasure.

mmexport1559237493714.jpg mmexport1559237508183.jpg mmexport1559237497869.jpg

Attachments

• mmexport1559237549214.jpg
    mmexport1559237549214.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Jun 6, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #185 of 2,410

Specifications -
Impedance - 15ohm
Sensitivity - 115dBL/mW
Connector - 2-pin 0.78mm

Looking forward to getting my pair of TSMR 4 Pro soon.

Jun 6, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #186 of 2,410
DSC_0161.JPG

Ordered a TSMR-4 a few weeks before the TSMR-4Pro were announced, so was pleasantly surprised when these arrived yesterday. It's not a great picture, but I'm extremely pleased with how they turned out.

Still figuring out the best tips, but so far they sound excellent with the switches at 020.

Jun 18, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #189 of 2,410
I got the Tansio Mirai 4-Pro last week. In general, I like them a lot. They are pretty sensitive, though, and require a nice low output source (or IEMatch type device for higher output devices). They can show some hiss on some DAPs or portable amps.

Jun 25, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #190 of 2,410
Finally ordered my custom fit TSMR-3 Pro with full custom design. I think I will get them in 3-4 weeks and I will post pictures and impressions (As a custom fit should make the bass even better then what most of us experienced with the universal fit) when I receive them.

Jul 17, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #191 of 2,410
Hi there,

here are my short impressions about the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 Pro.:slight_smile:

The warm, musical and rather emotional sound character of the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 Pro will satisfy many audiophiles looking for an in-ear monitor with sound-tuning capabilities, a good-looking, semi-custom monitor shell for an affordable price.

Pros & Cons:

• + Warm & Emotional Tonality
  • + Musical Midrange Presentation
  • + Bass performance
  • + Forgiving Treble presentation
  • + Sound tuning switches (for up to 7 different sound tuning possibilities)
  • + High Quality / Good Looking Universal Shell
  • - A cable with better quality would be good

:globe_with_meridians: Full Review: https://moonstarreviews.net/tansio_mirai_tsmr-3-pro-review/

:camera: Some Photos :

20190601_124134.jpg
20190612_013353.jpg

20190612_012608.jpg

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #194 of 2,410
is there any review on tsmr6 yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back