Tansio Mirai Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #436 of 2,410
I also enjoyed the 120, but I’d like the shiny treble that 100 provided.
Personally I think the 4 pro is probably the best tuned all BA IEMs for its price range, timbre is extremely realistic!!
The BA timbre in it certainly is not the worst but not the best either. I feel it is very average BA timbre. Which to me is unnatural since DDs are better at having a more natural timbre.

I am waiting for the T180/DT100 so I can know If I can really claim what I am thinking about right now. Until then, you guys will have to wait.

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #438 of 2,410
I really enjoyed the 4 pro and found the Timbre excellent. Go figure.
As I stated. I will wait until I have heard the T180/DT100 before I comment more on it.

But compared to the 6 other BA iems I have, all of them have unnatural timbre due to their BA timbre and the TSMR 4 pro is no exception. Except for the Audiosense DT200 that has really good timbre.

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #439 of 2,410
As I stated. I will wait until I have heard the T180/DT100 before I comment more on it.

But compared to the 6 other BA iems I have, all of them have unnatural timbre due to their BA timbre and the TSMR 4 pro is no exception. Except for the Audiosense DT200 that has really good timbre.
The BA timbre in it certainly is not the worst but not the best either. I feel it is very average BA timbre. Which to me is unnatural since DDs are better at having a more natural timbre.

I am waiting for the T180/DT100 so I can know If I can really claim what I am thinking about right now. Until then, you guys will have to wait.
In my world, there are timbre I will describe as natural/organic and realistic. The realistic timbre is something like the TSMR 4Pro, bgvp vg4, orvieti oh300, the nature and organic timbre is something like the penon orb, dunu sa3, final e5000... . For unnatural timbre I will said something like Ikko oh1, trn v90s, and some of cheap hybrid set.

The realistic and detailed timbre on 4 pro is definitely the point that impressed me, which beat few western brand IEMs easily, UE, VE, empire, ca..
And definitely stand out in Chi fi market as well. I even like it more than the oriveti oh300, moondrop b2/dusk, bgvp vg4, fearless s8f,6rui.. as I said that is just my point.

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #440 of 2,410
In my world, there are timbre I will describe as natural/organic and realistic. The realistic timbre is something like the TSMR 4Pro, bgvp vg4, orvieti oh300, the nature and organic timbre is something like the penon orb, dunu sa3, final e5000... . For unnatural timbre I will said something like Ikko oh1, trn v90s, and some of cheap hybrid set.

The realistic and detailed timbre on 4 pro is definitely the point that impressed me, which beat few western brand IEMs easily, UE, VE, empire, ca..
And definitely stand out in Chi fi market as well. I even like it more than the oriveti oh300, moondrop b2/dusk, bgvp vg4, fearless s8f,6rui.. as I said that is just my point.
It sounds like you are mistaking the timbre for tonality.

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #441 of 2,410
It sounds like you are mistaking the timbre for tonality.
Tonality is when I describe warm, netural, cold, v shape, l shape, w shape... don’t know where I get wrong.

Feb 4, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #442 of 2,410
Tonality is when I describe warm, netural, cold, v shape, l shape, w shape... don’t know where I get wrong.
Timbre can only be natural or unnatural. Because a piano will sound like a piano due to the timbre but if it is out of tune you could say its tonality is wrong while the timbre wont change.

BAs if not done right will not be as natural as on DD timbre. The only BAs I have heard with extremely good timbre are those from Sony.

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #443 of 2,410
Timbre can only be natural or unnatural. Because a piano will sound like a piano due to the timbre but if it is out of tune you could say its tonality is wrong while the timbre wont change.

BAs if not done right will not be as natural as on DD timbre. The only BAs I have heard with extremely good timbre are those from Sony.
Agree, timbre of TSMR-4Pro BAs isn't the most natural for the money. Mostly in treble area. But I like it's neutrality and speed. Using it with occ cable and switch to 123 or 0(1)20.

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #444 of 2,410
Agree, timbre of TSMR-4Pro BAs isn't the most natural for the money. Mostly in treble area. But I like it's neutrality and speed. Using it with occ cable and switch to 123 or 0(1)20.
yeah, the treble and the bass (due to lack of texture/air) makes it not very natural. Mids are good though, but outclassed by the Tanchjim Oxygen.

Feb 4, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #445 of 2,410

I do agree the piano lack on bit of the DD’s texture, but I find out the treble is really accurate and realistic, especially for instrument like flute, violin, trumpets...

Feb 4, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #446 of 2,410
I do agree the piano lack on bit of the DD’s texture, but I find out the treble is really accurate and realistic, especially for instrument like flute, violin, trumpets...
The iems you listed arent exactly known for their natural timbre. I suggest you get the Tanchjim Oxygen, it might help you understand why the tsmr 4 pro isnt natural.

Feb 4, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #447 of 2,410
The iems you listed arent exactly known for their natural timbre. I suggest you get the Tanchjim Oxygen, it might help you understand why the tsmr 4 pro isnt natural.
I sold my oxygen, really muddy bass and treble lack of energy, don’t know if it’s cause by fit.

Feb 4, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #448 of 2,410
I sold my oxygen, really muddy bass and treble lack of energy, don’t know if it’s cause by fit.
yeah, you probably had bad fit. Muddy bass and lack of treble energy are definitely not the Oxygen.

Feb 4, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #449 of 2,410
yeah, you probably had bad fit. Muddy bass and lack of treble energy are definitely not the Oxygen.
Any IEMs have same signature as oxygen, tried the starfield before, and it sound muddy and muddy.

Feb 4, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #450 of 2,410
Any IEMs have same signature as oxygen, tried the starfield before, and it sound muddy and muddy.
No idea, I stopped looking specifically for iems with that signature after I got it.

But the FDX1 looks pretty similar and also the newer Yume.

graph (60).png

(green = oxygen, blue = yume, red = FDX1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back