Tanchjim in ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 2, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #17 of 1,514
The Tanchjim Oxygen in the black color variant. The overall sound is clean & detailed. Bass presentation is light with a tight & defined articulation. Midrange is imbued with a tinge of warmth. Vocals are clear with no signs of aggression. Treble is controlled & smooth with moderate sparkle and the extension is good. The soundstage has great width & depth. As its name suggests, music is like oxygen. Happy listening, as always! :)
20190227_013829.jpg

Mar 2, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #20 of 1,514
The Tanchjim Oxygen in the black color variant. The overall sound is clean & detailed. Bass presentation is light with a tight & defined articulation. Midrange is imbued with a tinge of warmth. Vocals are clear with no signs of aggression. Treble is controlled & smooth with moderate sparkle and the extension is good. The soundstage has great width & depth. As its name suggests, music is like oxygen. Happy listening, as always! :)
Great! Thanks.
Another vote for the warmth...

Mar 3, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #21 of 1,514
Mar 3, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #23 of 1,514
Maybe they are also very source / amping / tips / output impedance / insertion depth dependent like KPE?

Waiting for it. Not that I care much as KPE is my personal endgame but just curious about this "hype" :)

What are other "best" dynamics You`ve heard that are "close" to Oxygen?
How would You describe Oxygen`s signature - are they slightly V, W, U, L shaped or rather neutral sided? By comments they seem to be slightly W-shaped or am I totally wrong?
When You compared them to Andromeda and say they sound almost same, made me look at Andromeda graphs, which makes me think Oxygen has more present mid-bass and some "nasty" spikes around 7.5-9kHz compared to KPE? Otherwise they seem to be tuned pretty similarly with KPE with little raise in 2-4kHz but earlier highs roll-off than KPE.
But we will not know until crin or somebody else makes proper measurements...
They are more neutral sided to me with a slight emphasis in sounding almost balanced, very rich and clear, not too warm, nor too bright. The Andromeda's has more weighted bass and slightly sharper highs (maybe, due to the BA armatures). Probably, that's where some owners are noticing brighter or shrilled highs. The Oxygen don't pose that threat, since they tend to stop short of ever sounding harsh or sibilant with most genres when I listened to them for 2-3 hours at a time. One dynamic driver type earphone I learned to appreciate were the SONY MH755. But, listening to both, the MH755 bass started to somewhat weigh more in bass and the midrange and treble seemed to lack extension when compared to the Oxygen, which carries a more neutral-like and natural sound signature with good texture and excellent clear details. Now, back at my friends shop, I also wanted to audition the ibasso IT01, and the KPE, but they were not out for display at that time. Hopefully, in the future they'll have one on display to compare.

Lastly, this was all in the name of fun, since I won't be buying more expensive "out-of-my-price-range" earphones anytime soon! ...At least, not close to the Oxygen in price. :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #24 of 1,514
This worries me too, since I hate bright sounding iems/headphones. My great interest in the Oxygen came after I read the review of IryxBRO, in which he describes the sound as warm/balanced.

An important detail should be noted: The two users who described the Oxygen's sound as Bright/shrill (Clearhead, by comparing with andromedas; and Toranku) do not have Oxygen. In contrast, the 3 others users that described the sound of it as warm (IryxBRO, Asakurai and HiFlight) have Oxygen, so they are more familiar with the sound.
Sorry, but I never mentioned they were "bright/shrill". They have an excellent warm-bright signature, depending on the genre! I also consider the Andromeda's in this same factor. :spy:
I live and breathe earphones in China...doesn't mean I have to own everyone of them...:wink:

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #25 of 1,514
Sorry, but I never mentioned they were "bright/shrill". They have an excellent warm-bright signature, depending on the genre! I also consider the Andromeda's in this same factor. :spy:
I live and breathe earphones in China...doesn't mean I have to own everyone of them...:wink:

Sorry, I was not very clear when I said that. I meant that you described the sound of Oxygen bright, because you compared it to Andromeda, which is considered bright by the majority.

Regarding the description as "shrill", it really was not you who spoke, It was said by the user Toranku. That's why I use "/" ("bright / shrill.") But I ended up causing confusion with my words.

I also did not want to underestimate your impressions about the Oxygen, just meant that, as you yourself said, you heard it a few times in your friend's shop, so maybe you did not have time to give a more accurate impression of the sound. However, sound is subjective, so your impressions are valid.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #26 of 1,514
They are more neutral sided to me with a slight emphasis in sounding almost balanced, very rich and clear, not too warm, nor too bright. The Andromeda's has more weighted bass and slightly sharper highs (maybe, due to the BA armatures). Probably, that's where some owners are noticing brighter or shrilled highs. The Oxygen don't pose that threat, since they tend to stop short of ever sounding harsh or sibilant with most genres when I listened to them for 2-3 hours at a time. One dynamic driver type earphone I learned to appreciate were the SONY MH755. But, listening to both, the MH755 bass started to somewhat weigh more in bass and the midrange and treble seemed to lack extension when compared to the Oxygen, which carries a more neutral-like and natural sound signature with good texture and excellent clear details. Now, back at my friends shop, I also wanted to audition the ibasso IT01, and the KPE, but they were not out for display at that time. Hopefully, in the future they'll have one on display to compare.

Lastly, this was all in the name of fun, since I won't be buying more expensive "out-of-my-price-range" earphones anytime soon! ...At least, not close to the Oxygen in price. :wink:

This description, however, does not match a bright sound.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #27 of 1,514
Sorry, I was not very clear when I said that. I meant that you described the sound of Oxygen bright, because you compared it to Andromeda, which is considered bright by the majority.

Regarding the description as "shrill", it really was not you who spoke, It Washington said by the user Toranku. That's why I use "/" ("bright / shrill.") But I ended up causing confusion with my words.

I also did not want to underestimate your impressions about the Oxygen, just meant that, as you yourself said, you heard it a few times in your friend's shop, so maybe you did not have time to give a more accurate impression of the sound. However, sound is subjective, so your impressions are valid.
It's all good! :wink: ...They kind of hover between a warm-bright sound signature anyway. They are deliciously good with different genre's and are very comfortable as well!
Love them! ...but don't love the price. :sob::point_right: a little short-changed of money. :money_with_wings:

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #28 of 1,514
First impression the build quality is great. But fit might be a problem, just tried briefly and couldn't get proper fit for enough bass.
Will try again later and play around with included tips.

Wow, what a difference after found good fit.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #29 of 1,514
First impression the build quality is great. But fit might be a problem, just tried briefly and couldn't get proper fit for enough bass.
Will try again later and play around with included tips.

Wow, what a difference after found good fit.

Maybe the negative impressions of these by toranku were caused by poor fit. Looking forward to hearing more impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back