Tampa Florida 19/11/05 meet impressions thread!
Nov 28, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #121 of 128
...and, Cayman Airways is allowed to fly directly over Cuba, unlike the airlines that are incorporated in the United States. You will be able to tell your grandchildren that you saw Cuba when it was still a communist regime (no, Guantanamo Bay doesn't count).

And Frank, perhaps if you could design your dynamite as a balanced amp, the opposing sine wave, should cancel out any positive bias, and then you can make it neutrally bouyant for overseas (literally) travel
cool.gif

Nov 28, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #122 of 128
Hey guys about the meet costs. A strange thing happened the day I payed, they refused to take my $100 for the second room. This is what I was claiming was all gravy and would go to Head-fi. Well I didn't want to screw the hotel over even if it was their mistake so I called my contact there who had quoted me the price. He wasn't there Saturday and agreed it was a front counter screwup, and that it would affect him. He was great in accomodating us the whole way through so I agreed to pay the $100 for the room. Probably generous but I didn't want to take advantage of him.

Nov 28, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #123 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime
Probably generous but I didn't want to take advantage of him.

Wives, girlfriends, and best friends, are the only ones we are allowed to take advantage of.

Nice that you went the extra mile to make sure that business was taken care of.
cool.gif

Nov 28, 2005 at 11:17 PM Post #124 of 128
What is up with FL meets and clogged toilets? I remember when Wayne and Raul were at my place and the toilet clogged...

Should have investigated to find out who was responsible
eggosmile.gif

You guys made me miss my flight to India
tongue.gif
LOL

Nov 29, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #125 of 128
There appears to be a common denominator in all of these plumbing incidents.
It appears that someone needs an upgrade modification. Perhaps an interconnect with a smaller guage termination. Here the minmalist approach would apply.
Or perhaps a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter would do, just for portable traveling needs.

I believe when you are using someone else's equipment, you should treat it better than your own, otherwise you ruin it for everybody else who wants to try it after.

The maid went from having an average day to a sh!tty one.
eek.gif

Nov 30, 2005 at 2:12 AM Post #126 of 128
And for the "aftermath" of the meet, my drunken thanksgiving pictures! The Head-fi beer definitely got involved in the debauchery (early on so as to enjoy it fully, then the Dogfish Head that Tyrion brought me, then finally some cherry vanilla vodka martinis to push us all waaayyyyy over the top)

IMG_0423.jpg

Don't worry, the guy in charge of the loader was sober.

IMG_0422.jpg

My shirt's filthy because we went playing in the limerock/crushed concrete piles. Being drunk with cool friends takes me back to being a kid.

IMG_0416.jpg

I think I have a new Thanksgiving tradition, at least until my friends get married or something.

Dec 1, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #128 of 128
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Now that looks like just too much fun, Matt.

I think Mike & John need to put a "Warning: Do not operate heavy equipment after consuming." message on the next batch of Brew-Fi, though.
biggrin.gif

heavy equipment and electrostatics
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back