Takstar Hi2050 *First Impressions*
Mar 8, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #32 of 83
Sorry for digging up this old thread. But I, as a complete newbie to the serious audio world, would like some advices to deal with the ever increasing annoyance of my newly bought HI2050 (I got it at only 32 USD by the way since I'm from Vietnam, right next to China). It's my first full size can ever, and I like everything about it, except for its tendency to go sibilant whenever a male vocal is present. I've tried eqed it with the Realtek Audio Manager (decrease frequency around the 2k-4k-8k range) but to no avail. Is there any other method that I could do, some magical break in tracks that will help me get rid of, or just simply loosen that harsh sounding a bit? Thank you all!
just search takstar parametric equalizer mod in headfi

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #33 of 83
Earpad material is that of what we see in old sofa cushions while it look boring it's insanely comfortable.I am very sure that there is only a slight clamping force in takstar hi 2050,you can invest in a hm5 velour or pleather earpads for even more comfort.Just buy them it's less than half the price of sennheiser 558 with same audio quality.Try the parametric equalizer in jriver media player to reduce a particular frequency that brings a slight harshness into treble.Just search in google

Thanks. I'm going to order it. Amazon has the HI-2050 for $59. Where are you guys buying it from?

Mar 9, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #34 of 83
DT 770 is closed headphone and takstar is open,which means takstar has zero isolation.If you live in a dorm or a family with 10 members or something I don't recommend buying takstar

Ooops..........I see. Thank you.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #35 of 83
Is an amp needed with the HI-2050, when plugged into an A/V receiver's HP jack? If so, how would it be hooked up to the receiver?

There's also a Blu-ray player in the mix for discs and streaming Netflix movies.

Thanks.

May 24, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #36 of 83
I already own Philips X1, AKG K701, and HD598 HPs. My music tastes range from western classical to smooth jazz to instrumental.

I am thinking of buying HI2050.

Do you think 2050 will provide me something which is missing in my existing HPs, purely in terms of sound quality?

May 24, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #37 of 83
In terms of soundquality,since you already own amazing headphones like fidelio x1 and akg k701 i don't think you will be getting any better experience with takstar.But you will atleast get an idea what is all the fuss about the takstars..for that alone i recommend the takstars,it's also great for gaming and jazz is also good too,the soundstage really helps to feel the music feel alive.

May 26, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #39 of 83
Thanks Krishtrinity1 for your quick response.

Do you think that the soundstage of Takstar is better (or rather different) than my other HPs? 

Since there are many sellers of it at Aliexpress, any recommendations are welcome. 

May 26, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #40 of 83
Not a huge fan of downgrading headphones,i personally like takstar and i am probably not going to upgrade anytime soon.They have good soundstage,great midbass and treble is a bit harsh and it's mindblowingly comfortable,i don't think i can recommend you a headphone cause i don't know what your taste in music is,if you are used to hearing your fidelio x1 then you are going to be disappointed with the takstars bass the low end in these purely midbass.If you are looking to upgrade get fidelio x2 they are one of the best under 1000$ and much better than x1 it does come with a price tag of 300$ though,since you are shopping in ali express check out the dunu titan 1 inears they are 115$ with shipping and sounds as good as some 300$ inears,i honestly don't think you will be happy with the takstars unless it's to give it as a gift to someone..trust me,they will not know it is 35$ unless they look online.

May 27, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #42 of 83
Placed an order at Aliexpress ($53 with original box and DHL shipping). 

I will update once I get them.

If you think that there are other Chinese HPs that are VFM and are available online, kindly recommend them. 

May 29, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #43 of 83
Got mine yesterday and they had never left my head. Ok maybe a few hours off. Tried different system combinations. One thing was clear, after a day of burn-in, these have become unreasonably good for $54.

Prior to these, I've been using a re-cabled Shure E4C and a stock Westone UM3X.  The Westone is veiled compared to my E4C. So the E4C was my main iem.

The Takstar HI2050 gives more air and is roomier than my E4C. It has more extension on the highs and sounded bright out of the box. Hours later, either my ears got used to them or they did burn-in nicely. They sounded detailed and never sibilant or harsh. Mids are lush just like the E4C and has very good attack. A drum kit is given justice. Midbass is punchy, snappy, simply jizztastical. Yes, that is a new audiophile term from now on. The low end is satisfying in orchestras but clearly rolled off and a tad loose in some media.

The Mac-ODAC-Asgard was leaner but detailed. Analytical but not sterile. It yielded a very good orchestra presentation. While imaging was not pinpoint, there was good representation and non musical micro details. It also wasn't as black as my iems. 

The AK100 direct gave a lot of detail and texture top to bottom. Somehow the room dynamics is clouded. There is enough bass punch but not enough rumble. This would be my choice for acoustical media.

The AK100+SMSL SAP-5 has warm mids and bass. It's quite euphonic. It has more treble than the ODAC-Asgard. But not as much as AK100 direct. 

I am very happy with these headphones. While I know there is a bit more I am missing, they are not enough to put down my enthusiasm for these cans. These aren't just bang for buck headphones. I will not qualify my praise with " for its price." No. These are seriously very good balanced phones. Feed them properly and you will be rewarded.

Gears:

Mac Mini late 2012 with Amarra
Objective DAC
Analysis Plus Oval silver cables
Schiit Asgard

Astell & Kern AK100
SMSL SAP-5
Whiplash cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back