Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
Jan 11, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #1,126 of 1,250
did someone make a photo to show the idea? I'm thinking about to 'solve' the 700hz resonance... but yeah.. I want to keep my delicious Takstar alive... don't want to break it. I did it a few years ago with my hifiman.... :frowning2:
Search my photos in this thread

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #1,127 of 1,250
Jan 11, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #1,128 of 1,250
did someone make a photo to show the idea? I'm thinking about to 'solve' the 700hz resonance... but yeah.. I want to keep my delicious Takstar alive... don't want to break it. I did it a few years ago with my hifiman.... :frowning2:
Dude, I feel your pain, had a mild heart attack a few days ago. Thought it would be a good idea to clean the drivers of my sennheiser hd590's. Little did I realize the super thin wires from the coil where exposed when you take them apart and It wasn't fun when only one channel worked afterwards.
Luckly, a lot of solder fixed that issue (so far atleast).

Jan 15, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #1,129 of 1,250
just recieved mine and had a play.

Firstly, they sound better through my valve amp (parafeed, siemens c3g valve) than my solid state.

Stock pads = odd mid range. Ever so slightly nasal, probably a slight rasp around 4khz

sendy avia pads = glorious. Soundstage increases, imaging increases, top treble sparkles more, and the mid honkeyness is all but gone,

Lovely sound signature.

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #1,130 of 1,250
just recieved mine and had a play.

Firstly, they sound better through my valve amp (parafeed, siemens c3g valve) than my solid state.

Stock pads = odd mid range. Ever so slightly nasal, probably a slight rasp around 4khz

sendy avia pads = glorious. Soundstage increases, imaging increases, top treble sparkles more, and the mid honkeyness is all but gone,

Lovely sound signature.

Are your tubes Siemens/Halske? Those are the ones to look for in my experience. If they are only Siemens they are probably from the former DDR/East Germany. YMMV.

I have a pair of old Siemens/Halske CCa in my Cayin DAC. Best sounding DAC that I experienced until now.

I bought a pair of Aiva pads, too but left the original pads for now as I'm quite happy. The Takstar needs a little time to get to its best performance IMO.

Cheers, Jörg.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #1,131 of 1,250
Jan 15, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #1,132 of 1,250
Are your tubes Siemens/Halske? Those are the ones to look for in my experience. If they are only Siemens they are probably from the former DDR/East Germany. YMMV.

I have a pair of old Siemens/Halske CCa in my Cayin DAC. Best sounding DAC that I experienced until now.

I bought a pair of Aiva pads, too but left the original pads for now as I'm quite happy. The Takstar needs a little time to get to its best performance IMO.

Cheers, Jörg.
sadly not, just siemens. found a new tube i love... 6e6p dr. as good as the c3g to my unlearned ear. and £3

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #1,133 of 1,250
Please allow me to ask a question? I want to buy a new headphone. I am focussing on two headphones that are both the same price in my country. Namely;

1. Takstar HF580
2. Beyerdynamic DT880

The DT880 is not really compared in above discussion to the HF580 Takstar. I want to use the headphone for listening music files from my PC (Flac, cd's and mp3). I use Foobar with addons. It would be nice to also be able to use the headphone as home studio monitors as I like to play e-guitar, synthesizer, vocal). My plan is to use the phones on a topping A50 headphone amp which I want to connect to the line-out of a Steinberg UR24C audio interface which has an internal dac. For studio monitoring I can plug the phones straight into the audio-interface. For hifi I can use the headphone amp.

Which headphone would you prefer for this purpose and why? Thank you for your efforts and time!

p.s. An audio interface is connected to the PC through USB3.0 (fyi...)

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #1,134 of 1,250
@Brenda Bodegraven

DT880 has weaker bass more high treble. I would go for HF580. It can be modderd easily to better sounding or just EQ. HF580 cable is bad and earpads. Pads can be changed easily to very good ones just using some clear tape. Unmodified HF580 has a bit shouting midrange.

Jan 20, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #1,136 of 1,250
hf580 if you are prepared to buy the avia earpads. turns a a weird sounding headphone into an excellent one.
I already got the Aiva pads. So maybe I should exchange them. But I find the sound sig. of the Takstar with the standard pads good enough for me. No shouting detected yet. So I will wait until the original pads have worn out. Maybe it's just the fact that everyone of us has a different set of ears.

Enjoy whatever you've got, Jörg.

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #1,137 of 1,250
No. God. Just use sheepskins :rolling_eyes: HI3050 is HF580 before they named it like that. You think that dip around 9kHz may ruin the sound you are wrong. It just better overal sounding.

unmod sheepskins.png

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #1,138 of 1,250
DT880 has weaker bass more high treble. I would go for HF580. It can be modderd easily to better sounding or just EQ. HF580 cable is bad and earpads. Pads can be changed easily to very good ones just using some clear tape. Unmodified HF580 has a bit shouting midrange.
Thank you for the replies. Is my assumption correct that the Beyerdynamic DT880 and the Takstar HF880 are headphones on the same level and that it's a matter of personal preference which one will sound better? Or would you say the HF580 is way better than DT880? Does the HF580 cable have quality issues apart from it's length?

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:31 AM Post #1,139 of 1,250
Thank you for the replies. Is my assumption correct that the Beyerdynamic DT880 and the Takstar HF880 are headphones on the same level and that it's a matter of personal preference which one will sound better? Or would you say the HF580 is way better than DT880? Does the HF580 cable have quality issues apart from it's length?

The sound of these two is differently tilted, so a direct comparison is hard.
As for the cable; it's fine. i have no issues with the cable, it's thick and rubber but sturdy. You can easily run it over with a chair

Jan 26, 2021 at 3:08 PM Post #1,140 of 1,250
reading back through this thread... how on earth are people describing this headphone as bright? it makes my hd650 sound bright.

I love the dark, warm presentation. I can wear them all day, they never get tiring.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back