Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
Aug 14, 2020 at 8:18 AM Post #1,036 of 1,250
I found a nice FiiO Andes DAC/amp on eBay for only 40€, looks like new. Works great with the HF580, has a nice Wolfson DAC. On the German eBay I got the predecessor of the Andes, the E7 complete with nice Bowers&Wilkes headphones, also for about 40€. Have a look and set a search so you will be notified if something interesting comes up. Good luck.

Aug 14, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #1,037 of 1,250
My HF 580 arrived a few days ago, so far I'm liking the sound.
Thinking of investing into stiffer ear pads.
Can anyone make a list of ear pads known to fit on the HF580?

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #1,039 of 1,250
Hi all.

Just got these a week or two ago. Are there any must have mods? I have the m1060 pads in pleather. Any recommended eq settings?

Tia

Aug 17, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #1,041 of 1,250
Thanks. Are the Aiva's a big step up from 5he m1060?
Seems to be the favoured pad here, and I've been told compared to stock it raises and cleans up the mids, raises the bass and adds more to the treble, so it would seem to be a decent improvement over the sheepskin, especially given you don't need to tape it on.

The other key mod is finding a means to reduce resonance for the driver, which seems to be easily done using memory foam. Buy a memory foam pillow and cut up what you need to line the enclosure.

Away from that? Detachable cable.

Aug 18, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #1,042 of 1,250
Well, I was planning on doing an in-depth comparison between the M570 and HF-580 but there is no point, really, since with the same pads they sound almost identical. The HF-580 MIGHT, ever so slightly, lean colder in tone which could very well because of the plastic vs. wood cups. Or it could just be purely psychological. By the time I'm able to switch headphones moste of the tiny minutia about the sound have disappeared from my mind. The stock M570 pads, despite looking almost the same as the Sendy pads, sound very different, much more v-shaped and sucks a lot of life out of the midrange and adds a nasty spike in the treble. I think most of the negative reviews of the M570 are because of what the stock pads do.

One thing I can say for dead certain though is that the build of the M570 is leagues better than the HF-580, which isn't surprising. It feels more premium than I was expecting and looks very nice in person. The M570 also has way better accessories with a really nice semi-hard zipper case and a classy box. And let's not forget it has a detachable cable! The HF-580 cable is okay but it's too long for my listening setups since I never sit further away than 6 ft from my source and the y-split is too high so it bothers my neck.

I did some sine sweeps and both sets have some resonance around 800hz but I don't feel that it's intrusive enough to affect regular listening.

But with all that being said, it certainly makes the HF-580 look like a great deal at $200 assuming the M570's regular price of $300. Same sound for almost $100 less if you can deal with the cable. Honestly, if Takstar put a detachable cable on it there would be pretty much no reason to get any of the other variants save for aesthetic reasons.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #1,043 of 1,250
Aug 19, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #1,044 of 1,250
Aug 19, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #1,045 of 1,250
I've been hearing those pads get a little hot around the ears,
better to use pads that have breathing holes?
Aiva pads are the first stop according to anyone who's tried them, as they were designed specifically to compliment this driver.

Scroll up a bit and you'll see a post where I'm quoting another post of mine that has relevant links.

Taobao is the cheapest source, while MusicTek is the fastest if you're US-based.

Aug 19, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #1,046 of 1,250
Aiva pads are the first stop according to anyone who's tried them, as they were designed specifically to compliment this driver.

Scroll up a bit and you'll see a post where I'm quoting another post of mine that has relevant links.

Taobao is the cheapest source, while MusicTek is the fastest if you're US-based.
That Taobao site does not seem to function at 100%.

Aug 20, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #1,048 of 1,250
I've been hearing those pads get a little hot around the ears,
better to use pads that have breathing holes?
depends on the temperature in your region. I use them around 20 degree celsius. I like them a lot on my Takstar!

I did also put them on my Stax L300 electrostatics. Unbelievable improvement of deep clean bass in comparison with default earpads on Staxes......

They 're quite cheap. Give them a try. Audeze use them also on their expensive planars. Good earpads matters most!

Aug 21, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #1,049 of 1,250
depends on the temperature in your region. I use them around 20 degree celsius. I like them a lot on my Takstar!
I did also put them on my Stax L300 electrostatics. Unbelievable improvement of deep clean bass in comparison with default earpads on Staxes......
They 're quite cheap. Give them a try. Audeze use them also on their expensive planars. Good earpads matters most!
Just ordered the SendyAudio Avia ear pads from Aliexpress, shipping was only $1.20 :)
Looks like the pads had more air holes then I thought :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back