Takstar HF 580 Planar Headphones
Jul 12, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #526 of 1,250
Have anyone compare them with hifiman Sundara? I have the Sundara. But I find them too fatiguing. I think for me the problem is that they have too much detail, are intimate and something with the treble. I really don’t know what it is. The first 30min I use them I like them but then I have to take them off( I have dt880 and dt990, I am use them for 2+ hours). I was looking for the hf580 and the sendy aiva. But hey seem to have the intimate forward aggressive sound he Sundara have?
I have not directly compared the HF580 to the Sundara but I think most people would agree the 580s are a step down from the Sundara. I've never considered the 580s fatiguing and (at times) wish they had more treble extension and were a little more airy. This is coming from a proud HF580 owner and I will be keeping them for the foreseeable future. If you are looking for planars under $200 the iSine10s are $150 right now and I prefer them over the HF580s although they both have their quirks and need EQ. If you have the capital by all means get the Sendys, but if you aren't looking to break the bank, the Thieaudio Phantom are $350 (like the Sundara) and are comparable to the Aivas according to HBB.

Either way, it's a great time to be a planar enthusiast. There are no bad choices. Only preferences.

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #527 of 1,250
I have not directly compared the HF580 to the Sundara but I think most people would agree the 580s are a step down from the Sundara. I've never considered the 580s fatiguing and (at times) wish they had more treble extension and were a little more airy. This is coming from a proud HF580 owner and I will be keeping them for the foreseeable future. If you are looking for planars under $200 the iSine10s are $150 right now and I prefer them over the HF580s although they both have their quirks and need EQ. If you have the capital by all means get the Sendys, but if you aren't looking to break the bank, the Thieaudio Phantom are $350 (like the Sundara) and are comparable to the Aivas according to HBB.

Either way, it's a great time to be a planar enthusiast. There are no bad choices. Only preferences.
Thank you. I will try the sub 350$ first and then I will move up to the aiva.

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #528 of 1,250
If you are looking for planars under $200 the iSine10s are $150 right now and I prefer them over the HF580s although they both have their quirks and need EQ.

But only if you can deal with in-ear phones and ear clamps, etc., which I absolutely cannot. For all-day use at work, I have to have over-ear cans, not on-ear, and especially not in-ear. Uncomfortable AF.

Jul 12, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #530 of 1,250
Have anyone compare them with hifiman Sundara? I have the Sundara. But I find them too fatiguing. I think for me the problem is that they have too much detail, are intimate and something with the treble. I really don’t know what it is. The first 30min I use them I like them but then I have to take them off( I have dt880 and dt990, I am use them for 2+ hours). I was looking for the hf580 and the sendy aiva. But hey seem to have the intimate forward aggressive sound he Sundara have?
Look DIYAH measurements. So it seems to measure quite same as HF580, except it does not have that 800 Hz ringing but measuring slightly worse on upper frequencies? If you or anyone mod to this it seems best choice for the cushions is regular foam pads. Seems all memory foams make the low midrange more elevated.

After mods still this headphone makes the weird clank wood sound sometimes. The bass dynamic is execellent, midrange very good and treble very good but slighly lowerered to compared low midrange. Not really need any equalizing. I definitely recommend this headphone after mods and even without mods to try before going full speed ahead to more expensive ones.

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #531 of 1,250
Have anyone compare them with hifiman Sundara? I have the Sundara. But I find them too fatiguing. I think for me the problem is that they have too much detail, are intimate and something with the treble. I really don’t know what it is. The first 30min I use them I like them but then I have to take them off( I have dt880 and dt990, I can use them for 2+ hours). I was looking for the hf580 and the sendy aiva. But hey seem to have the intimate forward aggressive sound he Sundara have?
i have those, for my taste in SQ
1. HF580 or HE-560
2. HE-500
3. Sundara(pseudodetailed)
4. HE400i

Jul 14, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #532 of 1,250
For those of you that have compared these directly with the Sendy Aiva, do you think the Aivas are worth it at $400? I've found a gently used pair at that price and I'm considering taking them but they're not local so I can't demo.
I enjoy the 580s for what they're offer, and I think at sub$200 they're a good deal. But the crappy cable and the sometimes ringing/echoing do grate on the enjoyment level. I don't have the tools or setup here to try modding them, so that's not in play.

Jul 14, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #533 of 1,250
@MarCo7 for to mod these hp's u need only few tools. A scissors, a philips screwdriver and a soldering iron if u accidentaly broke the wires... You can also do the simply mod. Cover the back of the driver with cleaning cloth that has many tiny holes with foam sheet, a full foam thickness 6mm.

Materials that I used for the last mod:
thin double sided tape
aluminium foil
75 micron stainless steel mesh
3mm high density rubber foam
kinesio / fabric tape
thin and dense cleaning cloth
a soft clay for the cushions

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #534 of 1,250
Hi,

I'm interested. I already own a BossHifi B8 and the SIVGA glorified version of it and like them. My Staxen don't get any more listening time. Strange huh?

As I also own a pair of big 3.6R Maggies, magnetostatic speakers which I love I'm intrigued by a pair of affordable magnetostatic headphones, too.

I own a FiiO E7 portable DAC/amp which I like with my Denon clones. Its output is 150 mW@16 Ohms and 16 mW@300 Ohms. Would that be enough to drive the Takstar to around 100dB SPL without distortion?

Thanks for your comments.

Jörg.

Jul 15, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #535 of 1,250
Dremmeled a little, pushed in very snug and added some hot glue for extra security. It took a fair bit of effort to get in but I'm happy it'll never budge.

2.5mm mono.

IMG_20190715_124444.jpg IMG_20190715_124527.jpg

Jul 16, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #537 of 1,250
@FireLion I have same terminals except it's 3.5mm I haven't done mine mod yet. I have also metal/silver terminals too. I'm still waiting parts to the cable.

IMG_20190704_092142.jpg

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #539 of 1,250
@FireLion I have same terminals except it's 3.5mm I haven't done mine mod yet. I have also metal/silver terminals too. I'm still waiting parts to the cable.

There is a small bit blocking the way of the connector. I used a ball type end on the dremmel almost the width of the gap in the plastic, did a small push down whilst everything secured, more is less kind of adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back