Taking songs from Ipod and putting on Comp?
Jul 28, 2005 at 7:32 AM Post #4 of 9
ipod agent works well, as well. I have a really old version of ephpod that doesn't allow (afaik) file transfers to the PC
frown.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #5 of 9
You can find them on the iPod if you have it set for disk use (manual update). All the songs are in a hidden folder named "iPod Control" or something like that. It's the only hidden folder, so you can't miss it.

The songs will be spread randomly throughout the folders contained within the Ipod Control folder. You'll need to search it to find the songs you're looking for. The only problem is that the iPod truncates all the file names, so you'll have to rename them.

This method is only useful for extracting a small number of songs. If you want to get them all, your best bet is with a third part program.

Jul 28, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #6 of 9
would this be a good idea since some of my files arent that great quality:

take all songs off ipod onto my hard drive, then convert all files using dBamp to FAAC Quality 500 (VBR), then put all the songs back on my ipod? would that acctually work?

Jul 28, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 9
I've used most of the freeware programs out there, and I think that the ml_ipod plugin for winamp is the most intuitive.

Plus, it's open source...What's not to like?

Jul 28, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 9
My favorite is PodWorks. It can be run from the hard drive of the iPod itself, so you can dock with anyone's comp and download your songs to their computer. They don't have to have any software installed on their comp at all.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back